Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dermarolling EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Dermarolling EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dermarolling EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dermarolling EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dermarolling EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dermarolling EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dermarolling EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dermarolling EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dermarolling EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dermarolling

+20
2young2retire
AS54
mistermr
Complexx
hiilikeyourbeard
Xenon
muhammed90
bananasinpajamas
whodathunkit
Zaphod
CaptainGiggles
Hali-L
Odysseus
miki9
jmoss1982
hairyshowers
Hairy Potter
Dannyboy
stresssucks
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dermarolling Empty Dermarolling

Post  stresssucks Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:10 am

Haven't seen a thread about this in awhile.

What is everyone's current thoughts on the below (and more).

1) How effective is it

2) Length of needle

3) How often

4) Parts of scalp

5) Supporting topical and how/when to use

6) Any other things to enhance effectiveness

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Dermarolling Empty Re: Dermarolling

Post  Dannyboy Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:58 am

stresssucks wrote:Haven't seen a thread about this in awhile.

What is everyone's current thoughts on the below (and more).

1) How effective is it

2) Length of needle

3) How often

4) Parts of scalp

5) Supporting topical and how/when to use

6) Any other things to enhance effectiveness

I think 1.5 would be the best for hair loss.
I would add - is it recommended to use it after Laser / VR treatment or without?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:42 pm

1) It is effective - do a search for studies posted on this forum. IMO it, depends on where you are in the balding process - obviously, it's gonna be more effective if you jump on it the minute you start thinning. It stands to reason that the longer you've been balding, the more work needs to be done to restore the condition of the scalp.
2) Preferably 1.5 - but I would say not less than 1.
3) Once a week.
4) Everywhere.
5) Any topicals that you might try anyway. I've just started with colloidal silver.
6) Relax and let go - live your life!

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 am

Hairy Potter wrote:1) It is effective - do a search for studies posted on this forum. IMO it, depends on where you are in the balding process - obviously, it's gonna be more effective if you jump on it the minute you start thinning. It stands to reason that the longer you've been balding, the more work needs to be done to restore the condition of the scalp.
3) Once a week.
4) Everywhere.
5) Any topicals that you might try anyway. I've just started with colloidal silver.

Hi, would you use it after a laser treatment too once a week as U said, or that may be too much stimulation?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:58 pm

A few months ago the forum hairlosstalk was flooded with dermarolling information, there was also many reports of success. Most people (including myself) were using longer needles (1.5mm all the way to 3mm) and doing what's known as wounding, by allowing 7-14 days before repeating a roll.

There was tons of studies posted on the threads showing evidence of wounding upregulating growth factors, activating stem cells, creating new capillaries / huge for bloodflow etc. Unfortunately the forum owners shut all the threads down recently, I admit things got abit crazy over there, but the choice to withhold this from people is pretty unforgivable. Anyway the forums dead now.
I personally roll every 2 weeks hard with with 2mm. I believe its giving me results but its difficult to say because I started detumesance massage the same kind of time
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:21 am

hairyshowers wrote:A few months ago the forum hairlosstalk was flooded with dermarolling information, there was also many reports of success.  Most people (including myself) were using longer needles (1.5mm all the way to 3mm) and doing what's known as wounding, by allowing 7-14 days before repeating a roll.

There was tons of studies posted on the threads showing evidence of wounding upregulating growth factors, activating stem cells, creating new capillaries  / huge for bloodflow etc. Unfortunately the forum owners shut all the threads down recently, I admit things got abit crazy over there, but the choice to withhold this from people is pretty unforgivable. Anyway the forums dead now.
I personally roll every 2 weeks hard with with 2mm. I believe its giving me results but its difficult to say because I started detumesance massage the same kind of time

Can you post a link to the dermaroller you purchased? I've seen a few on eBay so I'm unsure which would be appropriate for the scalp.

Cheers

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  miki9 Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:26 am

hairyshowers wrote:A few months ago the forum hairlosstalk was flooded with dermarolling information, there was also many reports of success.  Most people (including myself) were using longer needles (1.5mm all the way to 3mm) and doing what's known as wounding, by allowing 7-14 days before repeating a roll.

There was tons of studies posted on the threads showing evidence of wounding upregulating growth factors, activating stem cells, creating new capillaries  / huge for bloodflow etc. Unfortunately the forum owners shut all the threads down recently, I admit things got abit crazy over there, but the choice to withhold this from people is pretty unforgivable. Anyway the forums dead now.

Can you tell us a little more about that success stories.

miki9

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:58 pm

I've heard a lot of people say once a week. If one of the main benefits is increased bloodflow, I wonder if it might be beneficial to do half the head once a week and the other half another day on the same week. You aren't wounding the same area twice, but should see increased bloodflow from it twice a week instead of once?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Dannyboy wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:1) It is effective - do a search for studies posted on this forum. IMO it, depends on where you are in the balding process - obviously, it's gonna be more effective if you jump on it the minute you start thinning. It stands to reason that the longer you've been balding, the more work needs to be done to restore the condition of the scalp.
3) Once a week.
4) Everywhere.

Hi, would you use it after a laser treatment too once a week as U said, or that may be too much stimulation?

Hi Dannyboy - sorry I just saw this now :-) I'm afraid I don't know much about laser treatments, so I wouldn't like to advise you on this. My *opinion* is that it couldn't hurt, as I don't believe there's such a thing as 'too much stimulation'. But go with your intuition, that's probably the best guide?

For example, I do towelling + DT as well. On the night that I dermaroll, I don't do towelling or DT, the morning after I do DT, but no towelling, by the night of the day after I'm back to both DT and towelling, cos it just feels right to me. Hope that helps you ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:15 pm

@jmoss1982 - The dermaroller I bought was just a cheap one from amazon, it may lose its sharpness and degrade quicker than the expensive rollers but does the job fine.

@miki9 - Id advise going onto the forum I mentioned and looking through the dermarolling threads. The threads still exist, but the owners prevented anyone from adding new posts.

@stresssucks - If you are simply looking for increased blood flow then you could use a roller with smaller needles (0.5/1mm) much more frequently. Some people use this approach for increased topical absorption.

As stated I go at my scalp 2x per month with a 2mm roller. I go at it pretty hard until I see some blood, which is quite painful with such a large needle size, especially as I don't use any numbing cream.
I started DR the same time as detumescence therapy (as a new years resolution to really do something about my degrading hair), and have been going for roughly 4 months
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:07 am

I see blood immediately with my 1MM stamp.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:59 pm

hairyshowers wrote:@jmoss1982 - The dermaroller I bought was just a cheap one from amazon, it may lose its sharpness and degrade quicker than the expensive rollers but does the job fine.

@miki9 - Id advise going onto the forum I mentioned and looking through the dermarolling threads. The threads still exist, but the owners prevented anyone from adding new posts.

@stresssucks - If you are simply looking for increased blood flow then you could use a roller with smaller needles (0.5/1mm) much more frequently. Some people use this approach for increased topical absorption.

As stated I go at my scalp 2x per month with a 2mm roller. I go at it pretty hard until I see some blood, which is quite painful with such a large needle size, especially as I don't use any numbing cream.
I started DR the same time as detumescence therapy (as a new years resolution to really do something about my degrading hair), and have been going for roughly 4 months

I don't mean to be lazy, but those threads on the forum are huge. Since you have already ready them, could you sum up what was being said?

A lot of people having success? Were they on Minox as well? Potential Dangers? Best Practices?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 am

Doesn't it hurt? What about infections? So, you're literally walking around with a hole(s) in
yer head?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47 am

Odysseus wrote:Doesn't it hurt?

Yes.

Odysseus wrote:What about infections?

You're advised to disinfect the roller before and after use, as well as your melon.

Odysseus wrote:So, you're literally walking around with a hole(s) in yer head?

Correct, but only for roughly 1/2 hour afterwards, then they close up apparently.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 am

How do you disinfect your head??

I just do the roller. Sometimes shower before.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Hairy Potter wrote:
Odysseus wrote:Doesn't it hurt?

Yes.

Odysseus wrote:What about infections?  

You're advised to disinfect the roller before and after use, as well as your melon.

Odysseus wrote:So, you're literally walking around with a hole(s) in yer head?

Correct, but only for roughly 1/2 hour afterwards, then they close up apparently.

Succinct answers! Thank you.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Odysseus, no worries man!

stresssucks, I think just the roller is cool, nothing to worry about. Personally I spray nano silver on my scalp before and after - it is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 am

anyone on this thread / reading this doing DR more than 6 months?

also, on does anyone know what site all those DR dudes went after the banning on HLT? I'd like to evaluate their success.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Tue May 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Hali-L wrote:also, on does anyone know what site all those DR dudes went after the banning on HLT? I'd like to evaluate their success.
I would also like to know this, its ridiculous HLT are banning users from talking about natural treatments, seems like its ran by money grabbing sponsors like fredthebelgian in attempts to divert readers attention to their shop (which sells great poisons such as fin/minox/spiro).

Anyway would be interesting to know where the users where forced to migrate in order to share their experiences

hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm

I mean... they maybe didn't go anywhere. Someone get on and PM them a link to here.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Wed May 07, 2014 10:21 am

hairyshowers wrote:

its ridiculous HLT are banning users from talking about natural treatments, seems like its ran by money grabbing sponsors like fredthebelgian in attempts to divert readers attention to their shop (which sells great poisons such as fin/minox/spiro).

More like fredthepessimist. agree totally with what you say but yea on that forum all my posts had to await approval & most of them were not allowed to be published by admin. I wouldn't mind I was been quite conservative in what I was saying too, anyway I abandoned that site.

Hoping someone can chime in here with their own progress with DR.

Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Thu May 08, 2014 11:31 pm

my scalp is noticeably warmer for a couple days after dermarolling. i assume it's increased bloodflow.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Wed May 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Just to keep the enthusiasm up, here's a link to a good success story (with pics) from a forum member called PrettyFly83 - http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420&page=221

If you search through his posts you will see his progress at different stages (currently at 12 months), insane regrowth
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainGiggles Thu May 22, 2014 4:52 am

hairyshowers wrote:Just to keep the enthusiasm up, here's a link to a good success story (with pics) from a forum member called PrettyFly83 - http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420&page=221

If you search through his posts you will see his progress at different stages (currently at 12 months), insane regrowth
Is that without topicals?
CaptainGiggles
CaptainGiggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 am

CaptainGiggles wrote:
hairyshowers wrote:Just to keep the enthusiasm up, here's a link to a good success story (with pics) from a forum member called PrettyFly83 - http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420&page=221

Is that without topicals?

I think he was using a generic Minoxidil 5%, from the looks of his earlier posts. Also, he said he used a bit of Emu oil, but more just to moisturise his scalp, because the Minox was drying it out a bit. Flippin' amazing recovery though ....

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next