Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage

+2
SonofOdin
cdto2012
6 posters

Go down

New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage Empty New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage

Post  cdto2012 Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Seuxin wrote:Read this...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4740347/

Wow, that is a new study to me (Jan. 2016) and a great find. Wanted to share this beyond our DT-CPR readers.  Basically it was a 4 minute vibrator massage  on 9 guys for 24 weeks. At 12 weeks they had a bit of shed,  at 24 weeks the hairs were thicker in diameter.  Also they set up skin cells in a culture, stretched them on silicone, and saw a change for the better of the genetic expression to promote hair growth.

To read the article,  maybe start with the end conclusion to follow the process.
" If optimal stretching forces in hair follicles are applied for an appropriate time period to stimulate hair growth genes selectively, mechanical forces could be useful in hair tissue engineering. Moreover, scalp massage as a form of mechanical stimulation of the scalp may become a natural, easy, and economical way to stimulate hair growth rates. Further research is required to confirm these possibilities."

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage Empty Re: New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage

Post  SonofOdin Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Great study. The manuals have truly blown up on this forum with more documentation than we have for topicals, and even supplements. I think studies like this may show that this isn't all about calcification theory. I don't know how much calcification can be broken down with what sounds like a head vibrator. A lot of this is about bloodflow. One man I used to be in contact with over PM swore by headstands and inversion tables to increase his results from DT.

Thicker hairs sounds a lot like the lllt results. I wonder if new regrowth was created with vibrations alone? Study didn't specify if it measured before and after hair counts... it only mentioned hair thickness unless I missed it.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage Empty Re: New lab study on hair growth, scalp stretchning, and massage

Post  MovieJunkie89 Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:32 am

Someone brought up this study a few weeks ago. My critique of this study is that it says 9 "healthy" Japanese men were used for the study. I do not believe the men who were used in the study were suffering from Male Pattern Baldness. I would've loved to see the results of this same kind of study in people with MPB (It probably would've ended up like the DT study). Still nice to know you can change gene expression with scalp massage if you do it consistently enough.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 am

Also it was only 4 minutes, which is basically nothing, I think with longer a duration you'd have much better results.

And the scalp massager they used was probably very gentle, maybe too gentle.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Hand scalp massage should be useful to right? I am brushing my hair everyday with this boar bristle brush, loving it, hair seems stronger

I used to massage my scalp, but I developed these lines on my scalp, they went away Maybe I was massaging to hard? Anyway I stopped doing it going to start doing it tommorow

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:28 pm

thats the funny thing about hair. for men without the mpb gene, and females, diet, supplements topicals , massages all seem to grow more thick hair.

with mpb, none of it does much.

unfortunately increasing bloodflow may make the existing hairs healthier and thicker, but it will also deliver more DHT, accelerating the miniturization process. hairs may grow thicker in the short term, but in the long term are replaced by hairs with smaller endpoints.)

In my opinion, this is demonstrated very well in an elite sporting team. u generally have half to two thirds members with no mpb and very thick hair, and u have one third to half members with accelerated mpb.

So the increased fitness from meticulously crafted exercise and diet regimes (and possibly higher testosterone leading to high DHT), either grows more hair if they dont have the mpb genetics, or accelerates it if they do.

just my opinion.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Does flaxseed inhibit DHT?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Effects
The ALA in flaxseed oil can help inhibit the enzyme called 5 alpha reductase, which converts testosterone into the male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is a male hormone, or androgen, that shrinks hair follicles, according to the Mayo Clinic. It's an large factor in pattern baldness. ALA, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), and Oleic Acid all inhibit 5-Alpha reductase and are used as natural remedies for hair loss as well as in commercial formulations that promise to halt hair loss, according to Hair Loss Information.

Got that from livestrong.com, didn't bother to search for any studies yet

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:11 pm

rofl wrote:thats the funny thing about hair.  for men without the mpb gene, and females, diet, supplements topicals , massages all seem to grow more thick hair.

with mpb, none of it does much.

unfortunately increasing bloodflow may make the existing hairs healthier and thicker, but it will also deliver more DHT, accelerating the miniturization process.   hairs may grow thicker in the short term, but in the long term are replaced by hairs with smaller endpoints.)

In my opinion, this is demonstrated very well in an elite sporting team.  u generally have half to two thirds members with no mpb and very thick hair, and u have one third to half members with accelerated mpb.

So the increased fitness from meticulously crafted exercise and diet regimes (and possibly higher testosterone leading to high DHT), either grows more hair if they dont have the mpb genetics, or accelerates it if they do.

just my opinion.

I disagree. You seem to say it like DHT is terrible when it's actually a good hormone. DHT only seems to become problematic when it is an environment with low oxygen and poor blood flow. From everything I've read it seems increasing blood flow helps to expel excess DHT and toxins in the scalp. That is why it is NOT recommended to just chemically destroy DHT with products like Finasteride.  

This how I see it. Studies have shown that balding scalps have 2.6 less times blood flow compared to their non-balding counterparts. If your hair follicles are already sensitive to DHT, AND you're not getting enough blood flow (And oxygen) to expel excess DHT a major problem is in the works.

I honestly think one can avoid MPB all together if you start intense DT/Inversion at the first signs of hair loss. Also good diet/Healthy thyroid etc can obviously help. I'm convinced if you break up calcification in your scalp and improve circulation and oxygen there you can beat this curse fairly easily. The more advanced your hair loss is the harder it will be, but it can surely be done imho.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:48 pm

I disagree. You seem to say it like DHT is terrible when it's actually a good hormone. DHT only seems to become problematic when it is an environment with low oxygen and poor blood flow. From everything I've read it seems increasing blood flow helps to expel excess DHT and toxins in the scalp. That is why it is NOT recommended to just chemically destroy DHT with products like Finasteride.  

This how I see it. Studies have shown that balding scalps have 2.6 less times blood flow compared to their non-balding counterparts. If your hair follicles are already sensitive to DHT, AND you're not getting enough blood flow (And oxygen) to expel excess DHT a major problem is in the works. 

I honestly think one can avoid MPB all together if you start intense DT/Inversion at the first signs of hair loss. Also good diet/Healthy thyroid etc can obviously help. I'm convinced if you break up calcification in your scalp and improve circulation and oxygen there you can beat this curse fairly easily. The more advanced your hair loss is the harder it will be, but it can surely be done imho.

This resonates with me Your post was on 11:11 to

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:51 pm

I disagree. You seem to say it like DHT is terrible when it's actually a good hormone. DHT only seems to become problematic when it is an environment with low oxygen and poor blood flow. From everything I've read it seems increasing blood flow helps to expel excess DHT and toxins in the scalp. That is why it is NOT recommended to just chemically destroy DHT with products like Finasteride.  

This resonates with me Your post was on 11:11 to

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down