Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
the liver connection? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

the liver connection?

+14
NYJets
Zaphod
mistermr
johndoe1225
CausticSymmetry
Grateful
Changexpert
Delphine
hairmaniac
Columbo
sanderson
AgapeBerry
magic_gro
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

the liver connection? - Page 3 Empty Re: the liver connection?

Post  Changexpert Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:18 am

Isn't choline a very potent methyl donor with 3 extra methyl grouls? Betaine (TMG) is a methyl donor as well with 2 extra methyl groups. Wouldn't this be a problem with people who have issues with methylation? I ask this because when I take methyl B12, I get serious side effects like insomnia, body rashes (pityriasis rosea), low tolerance to irritants, and more shedding. I have tested this numerous times, and every time I take mb12, I would get side effects, even at very low doses like 100 mcg. Methylfolate gives me similar side effects, increased shedding being the primary one. Disregarding benefits for liver, wouldn't choline be a bad choice in this case?

Also, I've read somewhere that choline needs to be taken with inositol to maximize its benefits. What's your pertake on that?
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:27 am

Changexpert wrote:4039,

Isn't choline a very potent methyl donor with 3 extra methyl grouls? Betaine (TMG) is a methyl donor as well with 2 extra methyl groups. Wouldn't this be a problem with people who have issues with methylation? I ask this because when I take methyl B12, I get serious side effects like insomnia, body rashes (pityriasis rosea), low tolerance to irritants, and more shedding. I have tested this numerous times, and every time I take mb12, I would get side effects, even at very low doses like 100 mcg. Methylfolate gives me similar side effects, increased shedding being the primary one. Disregarding benefits for liver, wouldn't choline be a bad choice in this case?

Also, I've read somewhere that choline needs to be taken with inositol to maximize its benefits. What's your pertake on that?

Lecithin contains both. That's why it is an ideal source. Lecithin is a superfood that as far as I can tell, is little understood and much underused.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 am

Speaking of old science and the importance of optimal bile flow (ie choline, glycine, taurine, magnesium etc. sufficiency and proper hydration.) This 47-year-old study of 4,895 gallbladder necropsies shows the prevalence of gallstones, especially those above 30yo.

the liver connection? - Page 3 Image2
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1552971/pdf/gut00699-0021.pdf

In 1969, egg consumption was more frequent with refined and processed foods being in their infancy. In 2015, I can only imagine how many are walking around with gallstones and sludge today.

Interesting to note that the more liver damage seen in these necropsies, the greater likelihood for gallstones or sludge. Females should be especially as concerned, as they were twice likely to get gallstones and sludge than men. In fact, 1-5 women above forty years old were found to have at least one gallstone, likely due to runaway exogenous estrogen.

Last edited by 4039 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:31 am

4039 - I know you have posted the various supplements you would use to improve the liver and bile flow and I have asked you before but if you don't mind mind what is the exact protocol you would suggest to someone who has gallstones and sludge. Precisely which supplements would you take, brands etc. I would like to add that to what I already do. Thanks in advance

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:36 am

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:17 am

I seem to have problems with fat soluble vitamins when they are ingested orally, especially vit D and K. Does this mean that I have an issue with bile flow and vitamins are not being metabolized properly in the liver? I bought choline after reading the comments and a few ncbi studies, but at the same time, my PEMT gene seems to be okay and my estrogen level is high, which produces choline. My estrogen level is high because of innately weak liver that has suboptimal phase I detox pathway. Would choline and lecithin still be helpful in this case? I want to absorb those fat soluble vitamins!
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Have I misunderstood anything here? Is it being said that Lecithin is better than Choline? I believe I have liver issues also.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Renky wrote:Have I misunderstood anything here? Is it being said that Lecithin is better than Choline? I believe I have liver issues also.

Not "better than." It is the best source of choline.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:21 am

Isn't yolk lecithin better form than soy, sunflower, or rapeseed lecithin? All three are high in PUFA content, which I do not tolerate well for some reason. MUFA is okay for me, but PUFA gives me allergic reactions like skin rashes and acne. Why would this be?
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  golder Fri May 04, 2018 5:38 am

Glycine 3-5000mg first thing in the morning
Lecithin 3TBL first thing in the morning

Where (and at what dose) do you place taurine within this to avoid any competition and maximise absorption?

Thanks again for your insight in this thread.

All the best,

James

golder

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:37 am

There hasn't been much liver discussion in a while. Has anybody had long-term success here?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3