Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:54 am

I don't know how many months I am in with the pinching technique, but I thought I should update. My hair is still receding and I am getting huge flakes of dandruff now. Is the dandruff normal? I am still pretty shocked that I haven't seen anything positive.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  focuspoint Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:44 am

I have been getting this massive dandruff since the first day. It probably is a good sign.

Didn't you get this before??

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:05 am

Growdamnit wrote:I don't know how many months I am in with the pinching technique, but I thought I should update. My hair is still receding and I am getting huge flakes of dandruff now. Is the dandruff normal? I am still pretty shocked that I haven't seen anything positive.

I think it's a good thing your hair quality had improved. How long would you guesstimate you have been pinching?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:26 am

Growdamnit wrote:I don't know how many months I am in with the pinching technique, but I thought I should update. My hair is still receding and I am getting huge flakes of dandruff now. Is the dandruff normal? I am still pretty shocked that I haven't seen anything positive.

Thank you for the update, and sorry to hear you are still not seeing progress. There is no dandruff on my end, but I recall others having plenty of dandruff.  You did mention an improvement in hair quality, so that is one positive. I'm still unconvinced this therapy alone is enough to tackle more aggressive forms of mpb but I think around the tenth month of pinching you may see for yourself whether or not it is. Please keep us updated, good or bad, if you continue the therapy.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:35 am

My hair quality definitely has improved, but I might be thinning out at the top (very slightly). These flakes of dandruff are bigger than normal dandruff from brushing. I'm going to continue with the therapy and a good diet until the end. All of my bald spots have this hard substance underneath still and it is very hard to break it down. Pinching is getting easier, but still very, very difficult at the top. I have miniaturizing hairs all along my hairline which are now exposing thinning parts of my scalp. When I look close, it is all dandruff flakes and it hurts like a bitch.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:41 am

Dandruff is caused by increased skin shedding; skin shedding is caused by damaged / inflamed skin. You say it hurts like a bitch. Skin is inflamed to fuck, no doubt dude.

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:12 am

Question but, is this dandruff just you accidentally scraping skin off with your nails? Or something that you wake up with and its all over the place. I'm curious if I too would have had dandruff if I didn't use regenepure on daily basis. During DT I do not produce any dandruff.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  focuspoint Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 am

According to the ebook from perfecthairhealth.com , one should get this dandruff all the time. If not, there is no inflammation. And you need that acute inflammation. That is how I understand it.

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 pm

I often get the dandruff. which I do not get at all if I don't do DT. Doing DT I don't get it eVERY day though. I had a pretty big shed a couple weeks ago but now my hairline is attacking my forehead and I'm like gaining almost an inch of coverage. This part of my head has not had hair in over 10 years i should mention. There's even full terminal ones with this new burst of growth. On one side of my head I've had this ONe terminal hair that first regrew a couple years ago doing other manuals and has been a marker for me about an inch and a half below my hairline. It would never grow more than a couple inches at most though. It is now as long as the rest of my hair and is almost completely surrounded by hairs coming in around it, many of them terminal.

I have done many manuals for years before this though. DT is the best by far and is giving me results that I never had but I did regain a bit (very slowly) and improve my hair with other manuals (and internals, look to my old posts for my history).
I tried to take a pic of it today but only have my phone, the results were pathetic and blurry, it can't get close enough and stay in focus to capture what's going on.

One thing that I never had until this past fall I believe and I think is a crucial part of my progress since then is that all of a sudden my scalp not only got looser but I started getting fairly loud crunching and popping sounds when I pinch, press and massage it. THese sounds dissipate the more frequently I do DT and are gone by the end of a session. I've mentioned it before but nobody really acknowledged. I'm curious if anyone else has this happen? Also it is definitely not in my fingers and is loud enough for another person to hear. it's a crinkling sound.
I should also note that it used to only happen around my hairline but as my whole scalp has loosened it is now almost everywhere sometimes but as I said it goes away if I keep dt'ing religiously. I sometimes miss a day here and there... trying to sort that out.

Good luck all!

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:28 pm

FWIW I also do two minute head stand after my DT in the morning and then shower finishing with a couple minutes of cold water. then I do a little more DT for good measure since I find the shower hot/cold really loosens it up some more.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:32 pm

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one... these sounds began just this week, and only certain areas of my scalp so far. I don't know if this is a positive thing or not. They tend to happen when I press down after a pinch... Anyway, congrats on the progress, and thanks for the update! Very Happy
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotPatrickStewart Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Apologies for the delay. If you take a look at this pic, you will see what I mean. The line that is visible there did not appear until I started seriously doing DT consistently a little over a month ago.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Img_3310

NotPatrickStewart

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:08 pm

I too got that line when trying dt for a short stint? what's the deal with that?

Is that regrowth on your left temple?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  NotPatrickStewart Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:26 pm

It's probably not regrowth.. yet. Over the course of the past couple years i've had a few vellus hairs go terminal, then go back to vellus. That was under my "sorta kinda doing it sometimes" method. That whole region is loaded with vellus hair, so now that i'm committed more regularly we'll see what happens. Again, those lines didn't appear until I started doing DT more regularly, so I'm hopeful that their presence is an indication of me doing the method correctly, or at least effectively.

NotPatrickStewart

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Do the lines look like wrinkles tho? (hard to tell from that picture) or discolorations?

Am confused..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:00 am

Rob from perfecthairhealth thinks DT is associated with micro inflammation triggering growth factors.

If this is the case, would internal anti inflammatories (I.e curcumin etc) counteract DT?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  gorilla_power Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 am

The lines are just dead lymph waste matter that has been broken
due to DT and is on its way out of the skin...
Due to poor lymph drainage it gets trapped.

But if you did the same procedure to healthy skin you wont see this happen,.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:28 am

Little update from my end. This past week, I started getting painful, but small pimples at my hairline. Not sure how to think of this.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  ANewHope Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Little update from my end. This past week, I started getting painful, but small pimples at my hairline. Not sure how to think of this.
Make sure your fingers and scalp are clean enough before performing DT.

ANewHope

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:38 am

ANewHope wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Little update from my end. This past week, I started getting painful, but small pimples at my hairline. Not sure how to think of this.
Any time I wash my hair, it becomes brittle and dry the next few days. I use Dr. Bronner's, but I'm not so sure if it is doing me any good. Not so sure of a better alternative.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:40 am

Growdamnit wrote:
ANewHope wrote:
Any time I wash my hair, it becomes brittle and dry the next few days. I use Dr. Bronner's, but I'm not so sure if it is doing me any good. Not so sure of a better alternative.
Better to use no hair products, they are a waste of money IMO (though Dr bronners is a good choice if your dependant on shampoos). Let your scalp regulate it's sebum production naturally without stripping it with products daily. Shower with water only.
Quick update from me, I still regard DT as the best thing I have ever done for my hair health, I've been massaging for over a year now and my hairloss has been stable and slowly reversing for the past 6-7 months.
As a side note, I know myself and hiilikeyourbeard have preached about topical  magnesium oil before but i have to reiterate, it is great for loosening the scalp prior to massage (alongside all its internal benefits).
Pure MSM crystals and ecklonia cava are my essential supplements.
Photos coming in a few months when I get an hour alone with a hair shaver, mirror and digicam.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 am

hairyshowers wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:
ANewHope wrote:
Better to use no hair products, they are a waste of money IMO (though Dr bronners is a good choice if your dependant on shampoos). Let your scalp regulate it's sebum production naturally without stripping it with products daily. Shower with water only.
Quick update from me, I still regard DT as the best thing I have ever done for my hair health, I've been massaging for over a year now and my hairloss has been stable and slowly reversing for the past 6-7 months.
As a side note, I know myself and hiilikeyourbeard have preached about topical  magnesium oil before but i have to reiterate, it is great for loosening the scalp prior to massage (alongside all its internal benefits).
Pure MSM crystals and ecklonia cava are my essential supplements.
Photos coming in a few months when I get an hour alone with a hair shaver, mirror and digicam.

that's awesome man!

magnesium oil topically and k2 and silica internally for me i feel are speeding things up the most effectively. those mixed with DT is a powerful combo IMO
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:37 pm

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
that's awesome man!

magnesium oil topically and k2 and silica internally for me i feel are speeding things up the most effectively. those mixed with DT is a powerful combo IMO
Decalcifys epic (and also contains magnesium), never used silica but read some encouraging posts from CS which makes me want to.
We have soo much great information on this forum, I would be slick bald by now if I hadn't discovered it, just like every other man in my family. I was NW4 when I began DT and supplements, I'm now creeping slowly back into NW2 territory. See you at NW1 hiilikeyourbeard, determination and patience is everything with manuals, keep it up brother
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Regrowths really kicked in for me too. I'm definitely NW3.5 now whether than 4. DT is a lot of sucking air at first but once you pass the threshold of losing vs gaining then it's all downhill. Of course, I've got fin on my side to stop dht from scavenging the follicles, but without DT(my main growth stim) I'd just be maintaining at best and with a hairline like mine, thats not enough.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:54 am

hairyshowers wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
that's awesome man!

Decalcifys epic (and also contains magnesium), never used silica but read some encouraging posts from CS which makes me want to.
We have soo much great information on this forum, I would be slick bald by now if I hadn't discovered it, just like every other man in my family. I was NW4 when I began DT and supplements, I'm now creeping slowly back into NW2 territory. See you at NW1 hiilikeyourbeard, determination and patience is everything with manuals, keep it up brother

Yeah, I've heard some good things about decalcify as well. I take magnesium internally too so hopefully that's helping. I was also a nw4 when after my initial shed I got when starting manuals. Every week it gets better, every week my scalp gets looser and looser and breaks down more and more. like you said, patience and determination is everything... if we stick with this (and we will) we will grow all our hair back in time, no doubt in my mind. I'm sure you've noticed that it's just impossible not to grow hair back once the material under the scalp dissolves. We got this. Thanks for the encouragement brother!
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next