Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 20 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:53 am

I have nearly the same pressure chart as you do, yet I am only receding in my temples.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Jay07 Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:32 am

Growdamnit wrote:It has definitely improved in quality.
Same for me.. I'm on nearly 12 months, my hairline is still the exact same (receded) but my hair quality has improved that's it

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:33 am

I've receded a ton in my temples and the upper temples located in yellow, possibly in a bit green on your diagram would be where I'd shade red. The vertex is green... I've lost minimal hair from there and never had issues pinching it.

Jay07 wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:It has definitely improved in quality.
Same for me.. I'm on nearly 12 months, my hairline is still the exact same (receded) but my hair quality has improved that's it

A full year of no hair loss is pretty impressive. Had I caught this earlier that would've been enough for me.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  focuspoint Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 am

How hard do you pinch the scalp?

I am starting today with this therapy. I also use propolis as a topical.

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:10 am

Growdamnit wrote:I have nearly the same pressure chart as you do, yet I am only receding in my temples.

interesting. I receded in my temples quite a bit too. Further to that i also have my whole top thinning out as well as vertex thinning

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:32 am

I know I'm going to get flamed to high heaven for asking this but does anyone have the link to that guy that created a kind of DT tool/helmet? (I think was like russian or italian guy).

Only reason Im even considering is because I have a numbness problems with my fingers from doing DT..

Thanks in advance!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Normally I'd recommend bian stones as they really take the pressure off the hands but I am still stuck using one bian stone, and one partial, because my second broke. I was scammed by the chinese salesmen on ebay by never receiving the two new bian stones I bought and when I requested he send them he copy and pasted a delivery message but there was no such package on my doorstep... They're very cheap but I guess, buyer beware. I really wanted another bian stone but I'd feel too stupid ordering from the guy again after getting ripped off.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Hey Odin, Im actually using the bian stones right now. I also bought 2 pairs just in case.

Thing is, the wrist still needs to be applying a lot of isometric pressure and contorting which ends up leaving some finger tips numb and I get pain in my wrist.

This other tool I saw some sort of helmet I believe..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:47 pm

theres heaps of massager helmets available.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=massage+helmet&biw=1024&bih=645&tbm=isch&imgil=hu5-7kOnd8_NaM%253A%253BIs8sabKJuS4EAM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.alibaba.com%25252Fproduct-detail%25252FPortable-Safety-Head-Massager-helmet-improving_494168727.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=hu5-7kOnd8_NaM%253A%252CIs8sabKJuS4EAM%252C_&usg=__qpcVZdO_shh1MqQwYXSwPjMhXzc%3D&ved=0CCsQyjc&ei=2IHYVJWcKZD98AXp-IDIAg#imgdii=_&imgrc=hu5-7kOnd8_NaM%253A%3BIs8sabKJuS4EAM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi00.i.aliimg.com%252Fimg%252Fpb%252F381%252F315%252F371%252F371315381_077.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.alibaba.com%252Fproduct-detail%252FPortable-Safety-Head-Massager-helmet-improving_494168727.html%3B500%3B428
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:49 am

Thanks.

This one was specifically to get the DT motion though

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Hmm if you can't track down the helmet try some wrist wraps for some added support... they work for me while lifting, they may work for you for DT.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 Empty the helmet

Post  tooyoungforthis Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:55 am

the specific helmet which uses the DT study as a reference is the STIMULAX01 from Spain..

I con fronted the guy and he got mad and stopped responding.. so my advise is do NOT buy iT!

tooyoungforthis

Back to top Go down

Post  NotPatrickStewart Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Hey guys,
I've been following this for a while now. Been doing various methods since I was 18. I'm 23 now, and am confident there is something to these manual methods.

That said, I believe that until now I have only slowed my hairloss (temple recession), because I haven't fully committed to doing the exercises for 20 minutes a day, every day. I do believe it was enough to halt loosing hair in the crown area, because a few years ago I took a picture and noticed that I could see more of my scalp than I wanted to.

Today, however, if you look at me from behind there is no indication that I am loosing my hair at the back of my head. Temples are another story. I'm probably a NW3 at the temples. It has been a very slow process, but i am confident that by doing something, anything, it has slowed the recession process. Ive watched men my age go from having okay hair to being almost completely bald, while my progress has been less severe.

1 month ago I made a commitment to start DT as intended. 20 mins x 2 a day. I've been pretty good at sticking to that. And I have a very interesting observation to make (no my hair is not magically growing back).

By working the skin at the temple, there are now noticeable lines on my skin along where my hairline used to be, forming what would probably be a NW2 (my original hairline was never more than that). They are pretty symmetrical on both sides.

Does anyone have any experience with that happening? I'll take it as a sign that I'm working enough for something to happen.

Best

NotPatrickStewart

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Not sure what you mean by "lines"? My first interpretation would be that you mean wrinkle lines from scrunching the skin so much in the temples?

Is that what you mean, wrinkle lines? Or something different.

(Also, if they were wrinkle lines, not sure why they would only appear in one spot when you're doing it all over)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  NotPatrickStewart Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Yes I suppose you could say that they are a result of the scrunching from the wrinkles. I am doing it all over though, and the two lines (one on each temple) just happen to be exactly where the hair line should be. Aside from that, there are no other lines, but they are visible enough to see from a normal distance, and my hair is short, so that doesn't cover them up.

NotPatrickStewart

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Well do they seem like normal wrinkle lines to you? If not, how else would you describe them? And do you go extra hard in the spot that they are, or just in that one spot?

And you see no lines anywhere else?

Maybe take a picture and upload them? Im kinda curious, never heard of such a thing..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I haven't witnessed any scalp wrinkles and I do the therapy longer than the average person each day. But, this isn't to say what you're seeing is in your head. We all respond uniquely because of our individual make up and lifestyles. Would be interested in photos as well.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:51 am

Anyone else experience wrinkles in the areas of doing DT? I doesn't seem any of the progress pics I have seen so far have shown this.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 20 Empty again with the wrinkles... seriously?

Post  tooyoungforthis Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:19 am

DUDE.. do some hagerty exercises which according to the testimonials completely toned up the upper face and the forehead.. and if no one is reporting wrinkles like you then your technique must be different.....who gives a shit about wrinkles when we are loosing hair.. ... who gives a fuck about hair when we have a terminally ill disease?? same concept.... you need to realiz that even if DT works for you at the expense of wrinkles.. well that's how it's gotta be.... hair is 100000000000000000000000000x more beneficial to ure appearance than a wrinkle-free forehead.

tooyoungforthis

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:54 am

Yes I understand this, just curious if anyone has though.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  focuspoint Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:37 am

I need some clarification: is the essence of this therapy pinching or is it downward compression to counteract skull expansion? Or is this skull expansion theory BS? What do you think?

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:41 am

I honestly couldn't say.

I believe its a combination of things at work: micro inflammation leading to release of growth factors, breakdown of fibrosis, counteraction of the scalp tissue expansion (which is a relatively new theory so I would like to see more evidence), and a loosening of scalp muscles..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:44 am

focuspoint wrote:I need some clarification: is the essence of this therapy pinching or is it downward compression to counteract skull expansion? Or is this skull expansion theory BS? What do you think?

your actual skull does NOT expand. the tissue that builds up on top of your skull expands your SCALP, leaving the appearance of an expanded skull. for me, both have worked, pinching and downward compression. pinching works best though IMO. anything that reduces inflammation internally will also benefit you. the more you do this therapy, the buildup will break down and your skull will appear to be getting smaller as it loosens and breaks down. as it breaks down, your hair will grow back, no way around it.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 am

no results yet just wanna use this thread to keep track of what i am doing

so what i am recently doing (1 month):

Big DT session of 70min in length 2 times a week.
The other days about 10 min DT session morning and evening.
Some days i just skip DT if scalp is sore or if i forget.

What i have noticed last week:

there was less or no scalp itch for most of the day.
today when i started DT some part of the scalp felt more flexible, easier to pinch, mostly the area above the sides

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:34 pm

alphadelta wrote:no results yet just wanna use this thread to keep track of what i am doing

so what i am recently doing (1 month):

Big DT session of 70min in length 2 times a week.
The other days about 10 min DT session morning and evening.
Some days i just skip DT if scalp is sore or if i forget.

What i have noticed last week:

there was less or no scalp itch for most of the day.
today when i started DT some part of the scalp felt more flexible, easier to pinch, mostly the area above the sides

that's a sign you're doing it right. keep it up man
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next