Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within).

2 posters

Go down

Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). Empty Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within).

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Hey everyone. 2 questions, 1 general, other specific.

1st question: So outside of the actual where a topical touches, how far does it tend to travel outside of that zone?

So say one applies a topical to a 1cmx1cm area, would it travel underneath the skin to say 2cmx2cm?

2nd question: Would 1% hydrocortisone or 2% miconazole effect wound healing negatively in anyway? I'm doing some very light light dermabrasion/microwounding on my temples through semi-intense boar bristle brushing and was wondering if me applying these topicals to areas Im not doing the brushing would in any way effect (negatively) the areas that I am?

Thanks very much! (again sorry for the synthetic drug questions..)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). Empty Re: Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within).

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:53 am

Anyone have ideas on this? I know it depends on topical, but still wondering if there was a general concept or if anyone knew specifics about above mentioned topicals?

Thanks

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within). Empty Re: Questions about topicals for any pharma/science minded members (sorry, some synthetic drug questions within).

Post  Organism Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:50 am

This is my experience with topical creams prescribed by doctors..

I've had an eczema/severe dandruff outbreak a few years ago in my early 20's and I was prescribed hydrocortisone. It never fixed the problem just mask it and thinned my skin. I used it for about a month on/off before I completely dropped it. Now researching on the effects of cortisol in the body I'd never put that stuff on.

Anyways, before I realized this all I went back several times to the doctors and they said my eczemaa (if it was ezcema, I had a suspicion if could of been seb dem) was triggered by "stress" and once you get flare ups there nothing you can do about it. I asked for allergy test and The doctor said "Why" and gave me some more of another topical of "protopic" a different earlier Doctor gave me, which btw she had no idea what it was and she had to check what was in it with a little black book she pulled out.

I did some research on this protopic steroid cream and turns out it was linked to increased cancer risk and the drug company actually had to put that in their website for legal reasons. http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/features/protopic/protopic-elidel-prescriptions.html#.VBIkxi5dW7M

At this moment I realized I had to take more responsibility for my health. This was my first taste first hand Doctors don't know jack shit.

I managed to heal my skin over years of research, trial and error on "eating healthy", basically staying away from shit and getting adequate nutrition.

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down