Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
Buster121
DynamoJohn
Incognitopad
gg4545
2young2retire
SonofOdin
Mickael
Abyad
Brabus
Smurfy
hairderp
Golden_Shower
nzbalda
Organism
calvicie
beharat
radiance
chubbfrank
RPM
alphadelta
NYJets
sanderson
Hali-L
playmaker
Joey Ramone
rob PHH
Hairy
Pumbaa
dudebro
ElmoSuper8
vg
fghjfghj
rayl
sdguy
proscar3
ANewHope
Younganddetermined
JDawg
schpiloch123
NDW
Keanoseg
Slimnuts
Joakim
egghead
TNT
unfortunate
MrGalea
bov51
hairhat
Biffy
deleteme
stresssucks
CaptainGiggles
Dannyboy
rofl
sizzlinghairs
OpenBook
RAptor
Xenon
demgains77
Odysseus
drex1999
xyro
bananasinpajamas
Growdamnit
Duketronix
hairyshowers
Jay07
mvkishoresr
BelieveInIt
berti
mistermr
theseeker86
hiilikeyourbeard
Complexx
nicks
Hairy Potter
whodathunkit
82 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  TNT Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:22 pm

well i am on month 3. My galea skin is more more loose now and i feel that i have more skin than before. It is very easy pinching my whole scalp. I think i am doing it right, press and pinching back and forth, for 5 minutes 3 times a day.

I still haven't seen any grease coming out and i still losing a lot of hair if i brush after DT.

No hair loss if i brush without apply DT.

For the moment, i have less hair than before DT

TNT

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Duketronix Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks for all your posts drexx. Very happy for you and appreciate your patience and diligence in sharing your progress.

Understandable if you don't want to do it but you seem keen to prove to everyone that this works and how it is done. If you posted your pinching technique in a video it would be the coup de gras in helping the unsure guys who might be panicking about shedding in the early stages of this. There seems to still be confusion about how to go about it. Which invariably happens with instructions written in text format.

Either way cheers budday and thanks for sharing this study.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  RAptor Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:21 pm

TNT wrote:well i am on month 3. My galea skin is more more loose now and i feel that i have more skin than before. It is very easy pinching my whole scalp. I think i am doing it right, press and pinching back and forth, for 5 minutes 3 times a day.

I still haven't seen any grease coming out and i still losing a lot of hair if i brush after DT.

strange, iv been doing DT for almost a year and I also never experienced any grease coming out when I did the pinching/kneading.... maybe that's why I didn't get any regrowth. I don't believe that loosening the scalp will make the hair grow tho, I have temple recession on the sides and the scalp is totally loose there, yet the hair is gone, the only place where I still have some hair is the very top and I cant even pinch  in that place that's how hard it is. DT may work individually.
RAptor
RAptor

http://www.echolocationweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rayl Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm

I started DT six month ago, but I do it only once per day - about  20 minutes lying in bed watching tv before sleep. I remember that when I started I felt a noticeable swelling / bump with my fingers on the top of my skull above the temples which is now gone. I have a similar case with RAptor , temples are loose but no hair, on the top I can not pinch at all, but I have hair there. I think I am going to ask from my 16 years old friend how pinchable his scalp is on the top.
Also I am not sure about the results - on one of my temple I can see some very thin little hairs coming in which are noticeable only in certain light and angle but maybe they where always there. My hairline is not strong above the temples and I can not say is it coming or going.

rayl

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:35 pm

rayl wrote:I started DT six month ago, but I do it only once per day - about  20 minutes lying in bed watching tv before sleep. I remember that when I started I felt a noticeable swelling / bump with my fingers on the top of my skull above the temples which is now gone. I have a similar case with RAptor , temples are loose but no hair, on the top I can not pinch at all, but I have hair there. I think I am going to ask from my 16 years old friend how pinchable his scalp is on the top.
Also I am not sure about the results - on one of my temple I can see some very thin little hairs coming in which are noticeable only in certain light and angle but maybe they where always there. My hairline is not strong above the temples and I can not say is it coming or going.

don't know about your special case but just keep in mind that your temples being loose alone doesn't mean anything if the blood needed for regrowth is blocked off in a tight section leading to that area. if i were you i tried to loosen up the tight region on top til you can pinch it.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:41 pm

RAptor wrote:
TNT wrote:well i am on month 3. My galea skin is more more loose now and i feel that i have more skin than before. It is very easy pinching my whole scalp. I think i am doing it right, press and pinching back and forth, for 5 minutes 3 times a day.

strange, iv been doing DT for almost a year and I also never experienced any grease coming out when I did the pinching/kneading.... maybe that's why I didn't get any regrowth. I don't believe that loosening the scalp will make the hair grow tho, I have temple recession on the sides and the scalp is totally loose there, yet the hair is gone, the only place where I still have some hair is the very top and I cant even pinch  in that place that's how hard it is. DT may work individually.

well you DT`d for a year still the very top is not pinchable. doesn't sound like you did it right. no offense i was slack at the top of my scalp too because its very uncomfortable to work up there. while i got great temple progress my crown remain thin. that's why 2 week ago i started to focus on the top, it requires more effort and hurts more but it gradually loosens up too and my feeling is coming back in that area when showering, brushing etc.. i'm confident this is the last piece of the puzzle.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 pm

RAptor wrote:

Dude, this was said several times already... The main arteries of the scalp lie by the middle of the head... You need to loosen your whole scalp, not just the temples. And if you loosen and restore it to it's natural environment, you still have to give it time. It's been proven that DHT (scalp levels) is lowered after loosening your scalp... This isn't debatable anymore..
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  ANewHope Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:27 am

Complexx wrote:Dude, this was said several times already... The main arteries of the scalp lie by the middle of the head... You need to loosen your whole scalp, not just the temples.
If I remember well, Drex said he practiced DT only on his temples area.

ANewHope

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:50 am

ANewHope wrote:
Complexx wrote:Dude, this was said several times already... The main arteries of the scalp lie by the middle of the head... You need to loosen your whole scalp, not just the temples.

....not everyone is the same.  i can't remember drex mentioning having overall thinning or crown loss, so in his case the temple massage was enough. but even he could have benefits from whole scalp DT in faster regrowth and hair quality.

i started to really focus on the top of my head since last week (the only relatively tight section), pinching it violently in "west to east" folds (previously did only north-south because that hurt less and is practically easier to do) and already i my feeling in the top center is coming back. plus if i run my hand across my scalp the hair seems to stand stronger at the base.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 am

ANewHope wrote:

DREXX also did the Maliniak Method for like 2 years... He had a pretty loose scalp already when first getting into DT. Loosening the scalp is a crucial part.. Leaving that middle part tight is like stepping on the middle part of a water hose and wondering why the water is coming out in less quantity.

Last edited by Complexx on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:46 am

[quote="RAptor"]

Im with you on that, I don't see any grease coming out when doing it and ive been doing it for 6 months now. I also did lose a shtload of hair while doing it, but I think im seeing regrowth so keep at it bro. All you losing all the thin hair that you had or terminal hair?

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:50 am

boogv510 wrote:
RAptor wrote:

Im with you on that, I don't see any grease coming out when doing it and ive been doing it for 6 months now.  I also did lose a shtload of hair while doing it, but I think im seeing regrowth so keep at it bro. All you losing all the thin hair that you had or terminal hair?

I Will..i lose mostly thin hair, but sometimes i see and some terminal...

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:19 am

TNT wrote:
boogv510 wrote:
RAptor wrote:

Im with you on that, I don't see any grease coming out when doing it and ive been doing it for 6 months now.  I also did lose a shtload of hair while doing it, but I think im seeing regrowth so keep at it bro. All you losing all the thin hair that you had or terminal hair?

I Will..i lose mostly thin hair, but sometimes i see and some terminal...

don't worry seeing grease is not mandatory. there certainly is some kind of rigid substance under the scalp but this might as well be transported away by blood once it's loose.
the closest thing i ever saw to grease on my scalp was in the first few days of DT 6 months ago when a lot of white skinflakes appeared on my scalp from folding and breaking it. since then i haven't seen anything alike.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:25 am

Earlier this evening I was having a look at my hair, and I'd have to say that in the past 1 year of doing manuals (9 months of which was DT), I've gained about 6 years in my hair health.

Now, before anyone starts jumping up and down in ecstasy, I must advise that I am still a NW 6 (becoming 5 - I am erring on the side of less here), so this would be mostly laughable to most guys here. To clarify, the frontal region terminals ( the island at the top front) are becoming thicker and denser - there is like a very definite patchy darkening of hairs that is going on, and an increase in visible vellus hair, if that makes sense?

In certain regions, the terminals are looking 100% healthy again, whereas, in other parts they are merely looking like tiny little vellus hairs. I'm extremely cautious about saying too much at this point, but I am looking on with a lot of interest. You must understand that I am coming from a very advanced case of MPB, with around 20 years of damage to the hair follicles.

To those guys who have crown thinning or a receding hairline only, I would say that I only wish I had had something like this when I first started to lose hair.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  ANewHope Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:05 am

Hairy Potter wrote:Earlier this evening I was having a look at my hair, and I'd have to say that in the past 1 year of doing manuals (9 months of which was DT), I've gained about 6 years in my hair health.

Now, before anyone starts jumping up and down in ecstasy, I must advise that I am still a NW 6 (becoming 5 - I am erring on the side of less here), so this would be mostly laughable to most guys here. To clarify, the frontal region terminals ( the island at the top front) are becoming thicker and denser - there is like a very definite patchy darkening of hairs that is going on, and an increase in visible vellus hair, if that makes sense?

In certain regions, the terminals are looking 100% healthy again, whereas, in other parts they are merely looking like tiny little vellus hairs. I'm extremely cautious about saying too much at this point, but I am looking on with a lot of interest. You must understand that I am coming from a very advanced case of MPB, with around 20 years of damage to the hair follicles.

To those guys who have crown thinning or a receding hairline only, I would say that I only wish I had had something like this when I first started to lose hair.
Nice to hear about such good news, I was just about to ask you in a PM if you achieved some progress.

ANewHope

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:30 am

I'm noticing a ton of grease coming out, but also there is already a ton of grease there for me even before doing DT. My seborrheic dermatitis seems to be getting better though, at least I don't have the sores anymore, just the greasy scalp. At what point in the therapy does the grease stop coming out?

Also I've noticed something else which is a little concerning to me. I've developed lines on my head running from front to back. Turns out these lines are exactly where my scalp folds up when I push it together. I can't tell if I'm developing creases in my scalp due to doing DT or if the act of the skin folding right on that spot has caused the hair to gradually get thicker giving the lined appearance. It concerns me a bit though as I don't want to develop a brainy looking scalp. I've seen that on people before and I'm not sure how it happens.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:53 pm

ANewHope wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:Earlier this evening I was having a look at my hair, and I'd have to say that in the past 1 year of doing manuals (9 months of which was DT), I've gained about 6 years in my hair health.

Nice to hear about such good news, I was just about to ask you in a PM if you achieved some progress.

Thanks man - yes, it's very slow going, but there's progress. Are you seeing anything yet?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:43 pm

what do you guys think about this?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24446778

I am sure that DT should have an effect on the sebaceous gland and arrector pili muscle...I don't know if is good or bad although

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:15 pm

hey thanx for posting that study. its great. basically says in mpb areas sebaceous glands are bigger. bigger gland = more sebum=more seb derm, as the fungi feeds on the sebum. in my case i have for the last 15 years (and the whole time ive been balding) had seb derm crusts just behind the receding hairline, and in the crown.

been looking for a study like that. points to a relationship between seb derm and mpb.

correlation not causation.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  fghjfghj Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:38 am

Slimnuts wrote:I'm noticing a ton of grease coming out, but also there is already a ton of grease there for me even before doing DT. My seborrheic dermatitis seems to be getting better though, at least I don't have the sores anymore, just the greasy scalp. At what point in the therapy does the grease stop coming out?

Also I've noticed something else which is a little concerning to me. I've developed lines on my head running from front to back. Turns out these lines are exactly where my scalp folds up when I push it together. I can't tell if I'm developing creases in my scalp due to doing DT or if the act of the skin folding right on that spot has caused the hair to gradually get thicker giving the lined appearance. It concerns me a bit though as I don't want to develop a brainy looking scalp. I've seen that on people before and I'm not sure how it happens.

Hi Slimnuts. I've also noticed, that my scalp in the middle of the head always folds at exactly the same places. After some months these creases started to hurt while doing DT.
I want to tell everyone who is trying DT: It was very crucial for me to try to fold the skin at these creases the other way round - so that it will not fold to the inside, but to the outside. It was very difficult at the beginning, but after two months the skin at the middle of the head became looser and looser, I had many skinflakes, and the creases started to disapear... Now i can make a "weave", when i push mi fingers in the skin and move them along the hairline from left to right. Before it was impossible. The skin always folded to the inside at 4 creases.

I would recommend to everyone to make DT for some minutes in front of a mirror, to see where your skin folds, and where it is tight, to force the skin to fold to the outside etc.

fghjfghj

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:21 am

Almost 4 months in. Losing more hair. :/

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:03 am

I remember reading a while back (maybe old thread?) that one of you guys stopped pinching for a bit because your fingertips developed a numb feeling. I have this today and am wondering how long it took for you to return to normal and what you're doing now for pinching.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 pm

sdguy wrote:I remember reading a while back (maybe old thread?) that one of you guys stopped pinching for a bit because your fingertips developed a numb feeling. I have this today and am wondering how long it took for you to return to normal and what you're doing now for pinching.

That was me. I actually completely stopped DT since January because of this. The feeling in my right finger tips came back in a couple days, but the feeling in my left middle finger tip hasnt felt the same since. I am still trying to find out why. Did EMG testing on my hand which was normal. X-ray normal. Will be returning to my neurologist on Monday to see what else can be done.

There is a slight slight slight possibility the remaining numbness is in my head as I do think about it a lot, but there is a clear cut difference between the feeling in my left and right middle finger. Why it has remained so isolated like that, I cannot say. But it has prevented me from continuing with DT as I fear worsening the situation.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:55 pm

IMO body alignment and strength is very important. If you got persistent numbness it is far more likely due to shoulder and spinal imbalances and pinched nerves, not the acrtual pressure of the massage.
If you're in shit shape with no shoulder mobility then putting your hands above your head for long periods while exerting pressure will cause problems if you don't take steps to correct the improper movements.

I myself had this with numbness in my cheeks and tendonitis problems years ago. Since I attended the root causes (after many stupid attempts at "cures" from doctors) there has been no problem for almost a decade now.

Maybe this is the problem in your case? Idunno.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  vg Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:32 am

What's your opinion on doing this method slowly.Not so aggressively 40min per day.
Do you think that we would have a very very slow progress or no progress at all?

vg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next