Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Sleep Supplements EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Sleep Supplements EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Sleep Supplements EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Sleep Supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Sleep Supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Sleep Supplements EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Sleep Supplements EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Sleep Supplements EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Sleep Supplements EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Sleep Supplements

+7
missymoo
rofl
Hairy Potter
theseeker86
NYJets
ngb
ElmoSuper8
11 posters

Go down

Sleep Supplements Empty Sleep Supplements

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri May 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi, has anyone any suggestions for a really good sleep supplement that works?

Because if I could just turn off at night and get some quality sleep I think I would be less stressed. Sleep 

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Sleep Supplements Empty Re: Sleep Supplements

Post  ngb Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Complete darkness, like can't see your hand in front of your face darkness. I wear amber glasses about 1 hour before bed, get my room as dark as possible (cover up my alarm clock and any random LED's) and wear an eye mask. I've tried all kinds of sleeping pills and supplements and they either don't work or make you feel weird the next morning from my experience.

I got the idea for the amber glasses from here...
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/recommended-supplements/

Here's the eye mask I wear but there are obviously a lot of other options. I've found these block the light that can seep through the nose area and stay on throughout the night.
http://www.dryeyeshop.com/onyix-p327.aspx

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Fri May 16, 2014 3:32 pm

none that I've tried work and I've tried countless....including hypothalamus extract. Still waiting for that magic sleep supp that could change my life.

edit-some people have luck with the biotuner. I have yet to try that.

Last edited by NYJets on Fri May 16, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri May 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Melatonin and niacinamide both had positive effects on my sleep.

I should add I wasn't supplementing with them at the same time, but I found they were both effective.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Fri May 16, 2014 7:18 pm

I agree with ngb, complete darkness (or as close as you can get) really helped me. Also, taking Magnesium 300mg - 500mg about an hour before bed helped me.

The other things you could think about are exercise and what space you're in, mentally, before bed. I find that if I'm getting some OK-ish exercise during the week, I sleep much more soundly.

On examining what has disturbed my sleep, it is mostly down to what's going round and round in my head during the night.

You said, 'if I could just turn off at night and get some quality sleep I think I would be less stressed', but you could also say it like this, 'if I could be less stressed, I could just turn off at night and get some quality sleep.'

Developing the habit of letting go of stressful thoughts like what so-and-so said that really irked me; the following day's work; or anything that worries me, really, and replacing them with positive thoughts, has been the single biggest help for my sleep.

To get this right, I have had to develop a positive frame to displace the negative clutter - this can be thinking about things which really energise me, or finding things to be thankful for etc. I find that I can't just 'let go' of negative thoughts, I need to displace them with positive ones, and for me it took practice to get that right.

That might not be what you wanted to hear, and it may well be necessary for you to take some emergency measures in the meantime, just to get some sleep - I know how profoundly lack of sleep can effect a person - but I can't recommend highly enough developing the habit of renewing your thoughts, especially before sleep.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat May 17, 2014 2:02 am

ive tried them all but not much help, thus im on medication.

valerian can act as a stimulant, and gives wild dreams, hops and chamomile are too weak, kava was ok, but i dont trust its effects on the liver, melatonin seems to work sometimes, and other times not do anything, so its hard to say if it worked any of the time. i could go on. magnesium is probably the best supplement for sleep. it relaxes the muscles. I dont trust homeopathy, but theres plenty to try. especially hormones and neurotransmitters.

i hate to give advice since i failed and gave up and take medication, but as an adjunct to wat others have said

have complete darkness. try not to use ur bed for any other purpose other than the obvious and sleep. try not to nap during day. if possible dont use ur bedroom for work.
get lots of exercise. dont have large meals before bed, get the temperature right. I have tried cool gel mats, but they are useless.get a good pillow. the best ones imo are the wave shaped ones that form support under the neck (when lying on back or side)
theres also one in aus called the side sleeper pro. its not bad.

i havent tried mag oil on the head at night, but it seems it would be a good idea, for mpb, and sleep. basically my votes for magnesium too.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Sun May 18, 2014 11:09 am

I pass out very easily after taking niacin, but I don't normally have trouble falling asleep - I have trouble staying asleep.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu May 22, 2014 8:20 am

This might be worth a try for anyone with sleep apnea:

Good Night Anti Snoring Medium Ring

http://www.goodnightsnoring.com/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Thu May 22, 2014 11:19 am

It's commonly used for colds but for some reason, whenever I take "triple blend" echinacea drops (comes in a bottle) I fall asleep so easily. It has three different species of echinacea...angustifolia, palida and purpurea. Echinacea has compounds in it that resemble cannabinoids. So maybe it has a relaxing effect perhaps.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri May 23, 2014 2:25 am

a) grounding/earthing b) time release melatonin c) blackout shades d) enough supplemental magnesium throughout the day

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri May 23, 2014 5:20 am

4039 wrote:a) grounding/earthing b) time release melatonin c) blackout shades d) enough supplemental magnesium throughout the day

What is enough Magnesium in your opinion? How do you get enough of it without a laxative effect?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri May 23, 2014 5:23 am

Spaying with magnesium oil before bed is beneficial. I dont mind the sticky feeling as it's compensated with benefits. I spray my legs and spine. It contributes to the magnesium homework and makes you very relaxed. It's not all in magnesium, but it's very important mineral everybody with sleep issues should get enough of...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri May 23, 2014 8:27 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
4039 wrote:a) grounding/earthing b) time release melatonin c) blackout shades d) enough supplemental magnesium throughout the day

What is enough Magnesium in your opinion? How do you get enough of it without a laxative effect?

Time release magnesium could be dosed well above 1 gram daily without any laxative effect. Although I wouldn't recommend anything above one gram. I have taken 500-1000mg daily of both of these products.

Time release magnesium....
http://www.amazon.com/JigSaw-Magnesium-SRT-240T-Bottle/dp/B000QJJ52Y/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Cheaper product
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-albion-chelated-trs-magnesium-60-tabs

Another product that has a very beneficial calming effect is glycine, plenty of studies demonstrating this effect.

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri May 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Interesting... thanks.

And thanks to everyone who has replied to this post.  Smile 

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Thu May 29, 2014 2:34 am

BTW, does anyone know anything about magnesium trisilicate? The reason I ask is that, once in a while (very seldom these days) I get crazy indigestion so I can't sleep.

When this happens I simply pop 2 Gelusil (antacid) and it takes care of the indigestion fairly quickly - but I noticed that I also sleep like an absolute log, so I looked at the ingredients, and one of them is magnesium trisilicate 500mg. I thought that it must be this that causes such profound drowsiness in me ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down