Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy

2 posters

Go down

OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy Empty OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy

Post  runnerup Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:48 pm

I just ran into a friend from grade school and he, soon to be she, was a couple months into HRT. After looking at what those regimens consist of, spiro/fin and estradiol, I am worried about him in the long run since lowering test and increasing estrogen is the opposite of what you'd do for longevity. Anyone have any insight on this?

runnerup

Back to top Go down

OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy Empty Re: OT - Trans HRT and Life Expectancy

Post  AS54 Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:10 am

If he has normal male physiology, then yes I wouldn't imagine this would be good in the long run.

But there's obviously the issue here of how he rates his quality of life given both alternatives. Sometimes the amount of time isn't as important as your ability to enjoy that time, and feel fulfilled. I can't say what it feels like to feel like a woman trapped in the body of a man, but I could empathize with the desire to sacrifice my hormonal balance to reconcile my body with my identity as a person.

Have you talked about it with him/her at all?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  runnerup Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:30 am

I have talked to him about it, but only in a cursory way.

I completely understand quality is far more important than quantity of life especially if quantity is accompanied by anguish. Which is why I'm unsure if I should even breach the topic of longevity with him and instead just be uniformly positive as he's already made the choice and doesn't need another albatross around his neck. Some of the common risks associated with male to female HRT are worsening depression, liver disease, weight gain, and hypothyroidism. With the liver being hindered by the flooding of excess estrogen and the slowing of the metabolism and decreased thyroid function, you'd be constantly susceptible to stress. It all seemed like a breeding ground for disease. There's just very little written about it and I only brought the topic here since most are well read in testosterone blockers and estrogen's effect on the male body.

Oh, and thanks for responding AS, you've been carrying this forum lately.

runnerup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down