Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE?

+16
troll
theseeker86
DeadlyDevice
TNT
Vince Clortho
virtua_
YAER
sanderson
Xenon
lamka
Kazbar
CausticSymmetry
AS54
droddy
ngb
frapin
20 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? Empty Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE?

Post  frapin Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:39 am

I really do not want to go the TRT route.

Can you kindly provide some advice?

Thanks

frapin

Back to top Go down

Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? Empty Re: Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE?

Post  ngb Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:40 am

frapin wrote:I really do not want to go the TRT route.

Can you kindly provide some advice?

Thanks

There's a drug that stimulates LH. Does anyone know about this? Is that a better route than TRT if someone wants to go the drug route?

There is a ton of information about boosting testosterone on the bodybuilding websites and natural health websites. It's also been discussed on this forum (https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/search?search_keywords=testosterone) It's basically diet, exercise, sleep, and some herbs which are probably a waste of money from what I can gather.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE? Empty Re: Immortal - what is the best and natural way to increase TESTOSTERONE?

Post  droddy Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:06 am

Vitamin A, cholesterol, and active thyroid hormone (T3) are needed to produce the sex steroids, such as testosterone.

So in practice, vitamin A rich foods (e.g., liver, eggs, etc.), fructose to increase the livers produce of cholesterol (i.e., fruits), and nutrition/lifestyle that doesn't suppress thyroid function (e.g., low intake of unsaturated fats, adequate salt, adequate sugars, adequate protein, more calcium than phosphate, magnesium, vitamin D, etc., etc.).
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:35 pm

1) Sleep. Absolutely essential. Any lack of sleep or oxygen deprivation during sleep will increase cortisol, and chronically if its occurring on a regular basis. This will tank testosterone, and any endocrinologist will tell you that.

2) Adequate dietary cholesterol and dietary fats, along with the associated vitamins (A & D).

3) Heavy weight bearing exercise.

4) Winning competitions, increasing your social status, getting laid.

5) Self-perception of dominance, power posture and body language.

6) Direct hormone replacement.

7) Certain herbs do raise levels of LH, and will create temporary boosts in testosterone, but you are desensitized so they require you to cycle them on and off. Examples I've used with success are Testofen and Tribulus. But again, the effect is temporary and estrogen is also increased.

8- D-aspartic acid in high doses.

9) Lowering your body fat and lowering aromatase levels.

10) Products that are directly convertible to testosterone: pregnenalone, DHEA, and other pro-hormones. This area is highly unregulated and I'd really research a product before you go this route.

11) Adequate dietary carbohydrate and short periods of caloric excess.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:58 pm

This pretty much covers it:

http://www.immortalhair.org/howtoimplement.htm

Heavy metals - Bring those down (equals more testosterone).

Reduce fluoride and BPA and other endocrine disruptors

Keep cortisol at bay.

Adequate sulfur and Nrf2 antioxidants (boosts glutathione (raises T).

Mineral homeostasis, minerals, vitamin D optimization.

A nice short term boost (Nigella Sativa Oil/black seed). Boost T by 50%, best if cycled.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:46 pm

I would hate to be new to this forum... The advice is so unwieldy. Can't we focus on simple physiological processes instead of throwing the kitchen sink at the problem?
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 pm

^ Agree with that perspective quite a bit, where it's possible.

But I also like having as much information about a topic as possible, as it gives me the freedom of choice and ability to weigh out my options. No one is right all of the time, so when I get a few more things to research, I get a better perspective.  I think the possibility of the best outcome is always better with more information. So I guess it comes down to the individual's wants and needs: do they just want one answer...is that satisfactory for them? Do they have enough trust in the authority of the person who gives that answer? Or are they more willing to research the topic themselves based on the answers given and come to their own conclusion? If its the former, then sure, let's keep it simple. To me personally, I've always found the value of this forum was never that I could come here and get God's truth as an answer to my question, but instead that ideas could be put on the table and people would go about their own research from that, and the whole discourse would benefit us all. Shit, if I listened to the first guy who posted an answer in every thread and took him at his word without ever listening to other opinions, I'd be in a world of hurt.

And in total sincerity, not being a smart ass, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a simple physiological process. For example, someone in my case with a completely normal level of thyroid function (at least insofar as it can be assessed by labs and imaging), the low testosterone problem would go unanswered.
I've quite literally tried everything possible to get my thyroid function optimized, according to the research and not current medical lab ranges. I've gotten TSH down to nearly nothing, T4 and T3 to the high-normal ranges, and my testosterone has continued to ride at just over 200.

What's the answer? More than likely hepatic insulin resistance and low SHBG, but again, this doesn't make for a very simple picture. So perhaps its that I'm biased and my own circumstances cause me to overcomplicate issues, but at least in the instance of hormones, its just damn complicated.

And it has to take into account the topic we're dealing with. When it comes to boosting testosterone, there are a lot of contextual things to consider.

- What the reason for the low testosterone is.
- What the individual's goals are for boosting it; why they're doing it.

Someone might be interested in going above their body's natural set point, for whatever reason. There are consequences for everything, but the OP simply asked about ways of boosting T. Of course I'd agree with you totally on the point that the choice ways would be behavior/orthomolecular: sleep, exercise, body comp, adequate zinc, vitamin A & D, and cholesterol.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:14 pm

droddy wrote:Vitamin A, cholesterol, and active thyroid hormone (T3) are needed to produce the sex steroids, such as testosterone.

So in practice, vitamin A rich foods (e.g., liver, eggs, etc.), fructose to increase the livers produce of cholesterol (i.e., fruits), and nutrition/lifestyle that doesn't suppress thyroid function (e.g., low intake of unsaturated fats, adequate salt, adequate sugars, adequate protein, more calcium than phosphate, magnesium, vitamin D, etc., etc.).

Does exercise affect testosterone levels?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Today it is necessary to know that there is no real nutrients left in the soil, and toxins are abound everywhere.

Our endocrine systems (all the glands) are decimated with endocrine disruptors, fluoride, heavy metals.

There's no single shot for everyone, so yes a kitchen sink approach is needed to evaluate most possibilities.

Yes, exercise can positively affect T levels.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:49 pm

There is a lot of conflicting evidence on exercise and testosterone levels. And its a difficult thing to study because of how complex the situation is. You've got the differential effects of age, fitness level, body fat, post- and pre-workout nutrition, what kind of exercise is performed, how trained the participants are already, growth hormone levels, etc. So one study, no matter how well controlled, its going to be a far cry from being representative of everyone. According to the majority of evidence, there is a temporary rise in testosterone for males during and after exercise.

It isn't clear how that rise occurs or exactly why it occurs. Since it does not involve an increase in LH, its probably sympathetic stimulation of the testicles so you're getting direct testicular production of testosterone with no middle man.

Some studies have even shown a decrease in serum test following exercise. A theory for this has to do with the fact that skeletal muscle uptake of testosterone would increase following the stressor and tissue damage, because the testosterone is a direct signal for protein synthesis. So blood levels drop accordingly.

Overall, predict a rise in testosterone after exercise. How long that rise lasts and how the body responds to it will vary by individual. To optimize your chances for the best outcome, being insulin sensitive is your best bet.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  frapin Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks for the wonderful responses guys.

Immortal what is Nigella Sativa Oil/black seed? Is it same as Black Cumin Seed Oil? I have never heard that before. Can you please point to a product?

How can we raise Testosterone while simultaneously keeping Estradiol in control?

frapin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:49 pm

frapin - Nigella Sativa/Black Cumin Seed

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frapin Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:13 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:frapin - Nigella Sativa/Black Cumin Seed

Thanks Immortal

Life Extension also carries one. What do you think of this http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Black-Cumin-Seed-Oil-60-Softgels/46280?

frapin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm sure either are fine. I've tried the version in the first link. I went for that one because you get 90 per bottle instead of 60.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frapin Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:00 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:I'm sure either are fine. I've tried the version in the first link. I went for that one because you get 90 per bottle instead of 60.

Thanks Immortal

Do you know if it just increases Free Testosterone or Total Testosterone? I am looking to raise my Total which is very low at present. It is low most likely because I have Diabetes Sad

frapin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Replenishing essential minerals for diabetes, such as vanadium, chromium, magnesium would be a good start.

Everyone is different, so here's an overall picture to deal with diabetes. I wrote it a few years ago, but it is just as relevant today:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120423075129/http://healthyfixx.com/plan/8/reversing-type-2-diabetes-naturally

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:58 am

Hi frapin, I commerced the supplementation which CS recommends for hair loss over a month ago and apart from increasing the quality of my hair and decreasing shedding drastically its also improved my libido. Anyway hope this helps.

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 am

Frapin,

The only proven way to manage aromatization is with prescription drugs, either an AI like anastrozole (which actually directly inhibits the enzyme) or with a SERM like nolvadex (which selectively blocks the estrogen receptor). There are risks associated with each.

Naturally lowering aromatase really means lowering body fat levels. An increase in body fat centrally typically sees a large rise in aromatase, so keeping body fat low is the best natural way to minimize aromatase.

There are lots of conflicting data with regard to herbal/non-prescription aromatase inhibitors. In vitro studies show flavones, like chrysin (the hydroxylated form of flavone) is a potent aromatase inhibitor. The results aren't as gleaming in vivo. This is largely because of low oral bioavailability of chrysin. For 400 mg you are getting anywhere from 5-20 mg peak concentration. Unless we could find a workaround for this, these probably aren't an option especially given that at higher doses it exhibits some nasty sides (anti-thyroid).

Overall, if you aren't using any prescription drugs - like those mentioned - you are going to get a rise in estrogen. Having low body fat will minimize this greatly. Being insulin sensitive and having healthy liver function (many ways to accomplish this) will help with the estrogen clearance, and so will eating from the brassica family of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts) will also help with clearance. The indole compounds in these vegetables (can also be purchased as a supplement) increases production of the less estrogenic metabolites (instead of estradiol).

Besides this, you're gonna take what ya get. To repeat, if you're body fat is low and your are relatively fit/insulin sensitive (and perhaps supplement some broccoli extract or I3C), you are probably not going to see the rise in estrogen form herbal protocols that you would with stronger steroids.

A relatively accessible pro-hormone called exemstane (brand name - Aromasin) is a potent aromatase inhibitor. Its has quite a bit of research to back it. The problem with exemestane (and not being prescription) is that its sold in a pretty unregulated marketplace. If you go this route, find a quality supplier and try to get as many reviews on a product as possible. Just because it isn't prescription does not mean there aren't risks. This is pretty powerful stuff.

And finally to reiterate the prior, using sleep/diet/exercise to optimize testosterone is much safer. My advice would be to not even consider supplemental ways of increasing test until you've at least realized your own maximum potential by optimizing diet/exercise/sleep. If at that point you find your baseline isn't satisfactory and you still experience low T symptoms, its something I'd talk through with a physician before beginning any type of self-experimentation.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  lamka Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:46 am

There are also aromatase inhibitors in tobbaco smoke....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2098524

lamka

Back to top Go down

Post  frapin Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:29 am

Kazbar wrote:Hi frapin, I commerced the supplementation which CS recommends for hair loss over a month ago and apart from increasing the quality of my hair and decreasing shedding drastically its also improved my libido. Anyway hope this helps.

Can you plz give me the exact list of supplements you are taking?

frapin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:21 am

Forgive my simplistic take on things, but shouldn't strength training help to increase testosterone and SHBG? The reason I say this is because in order for muscles to go through protein synthesis (or anabolism) then they will need all the testosterone they can get, so technically, you would think that this would lead to higher SHBG, lower free testosterone and lower DHT. But of course it's not as simple as that, as we still see many muscular men with baldness. However, this might not entirely be hormonally related... it could be lactic / uric acid in sweat (after heavy muscular contractions) which is causing scalp inflammation.

I know from personal experience that there are metabolic byproducts in sweat which cause inflammation and no doubt hairloss because anytime I have sweated heavily from my scalp after a workout, then it will always inflame, yet when I cleanse the skin with some water, the inflammation immediately subsides.

It's also speculated that insulin resistance leads to higher free testosterone levels... lack of exercise is known to lead to insulin resistance also.

I thought I'd also mention; I used to think that I suffered from hypothyroidism, but since incorporating sprints into my fitness regime I have noticed that my metabolism has increased and I have so much more energy. I also feel my thyroid vibrating, which may suggest that it is functioning better.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:43 pm

What most of the research I've seen points to is that testosterone and free testosterone both rise, and both DHT and estrogen increase in the short term. But Xenon, you are absolutely right. As you continue to train, SHBG does rise as well. Overtime I believe what you'd net is a higher total T. That is theory though. I haven't seen any long term studies on the effects of weight training.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:51 pm

http://www.boost-your-low-testosterone.com/ -- most of what you want to do is outlined there

there's a few big things you can do from that site that will def. make an impact.

first.. rotating test boosters. he posts like 5 or 6 on the site. then you take one per day, so you have a seperate one everyday and you don't build a tolerance.

second.. HIIT. this is the only exercise that will boost your growth hormone. do this. it makes you feel great. you sprint for 30 seconds, then take 90 seconds, then repeat 8x.

third.. iodine testicle painting. this is huge. this will increase your libido and your horniness without a doubt. you jut take iosol and put it on your balls. it might stop being as effective over time.. but it def. does something down there. if i ever have to do an interview or do something where i have to be confident, i will do this and i will feel a difference. it def. works.

check out the rest of it..
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  frapin Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 am

Last year my endocrinologist advised me to take Vitamin A 30,000 IU and Vitamin D3 15,000 IU

Do you guys think its too much? how long can I take such high amounts?

frapin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:21 am

http://longevitypost.com/vitamin-d-dosage/

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next