Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Papilla Power - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Papilla Power

+21
tonyj
CausticSymmetry
granger451
CF
zanza
tooler
sdguy
NDW
Amaranthaceae
SW2
Balthier
bov51
Aum
duel_black
GoodThings
whodathunkit
Zaphod
a
abc123
gbp2000
papillapower
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty Yep.

Post  papillapower Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 am

I'd be happy to donate to CS.

Regards,

Papilla Power

whodathunkit wrote:Great post, gpb. Thank you. I'm more eager than ever to give this a real go.

That said, I think a post of mine from eeeearly this morning got deleted, and I didn't do it. I'm 99% sure I posted it rather than wandering away from the site without hitting "Submit". I'd had insomnia so can't be 100% sure. The post was cranky, but this thread has calmed down, so won't repeat most of it. Very Happy

However, the post did touch on the subject of donations, which I'd like to hit again.

I will gladly donate to Papi when I get the method info, and/or pay for a book when he publishes, just like I paid for Danny Roddy's and Maliniak's books. All this stuff is adding to my repertoire, so to speak, so none of it is money wasted, IMO.

But what about CS? How many of you donate for the pleasure of using this forum? We all get awesome info from it that can't be had anywhere else, synthesized in ways we can understand. And many of you contribute a whole bunch of useful stuff. But bandwidth ain't free, and $25 a year or whatever from all the regular posters here would probably help CS out a great deal. He's not selling anything, but he's providing a wonderful service and a place that tolerates ideas that are often hounded out of other forums. That should be acknowledged. IMO $$ and a thank you is better than just a thank you. Laughing

Just sayin'.

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty Papilla NDA loser

Post  Glacier Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:32 am

You have no credibility, no proof just long winding needless posts. Post your pictures here if you are legit, otherwise you are just barking in the wind. Go get a real job.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty Re: Papilla Power

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 am

IMHO any person who learns a method from a book and then pass it on as his own, lacks a whole lot of credibility.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  lustucru Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 am

i would have gladly signed the NDA but it says i need to get to a notary... now that's quite something, especially since i feel ashamed to be signing that NDA in front of someone... O_o

lustucru

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:36 pm

gbp2000 wrote:
I honestly believe that many of you believe that health improvement can solve hair loss - I no longer believe that on its own it is enough for most of us. I also suspect that many of you would dismiss this method if it were just given away on its own.

gbp2000 your entire post was great. But the above quote as been on my mind already. I enjoy the supplements in my signature. I will keep taking them. But I believe overall that it's the methods in my signature generating new hair.

I can see how health issues - metals, lack of vitamins, etc - can cause hairloss on your entire head. It's probably the exact same hairloss I've seen in people with Crohn's disease. The hair comes back when health returns. But health improvements to generate regrowth for traditional Male Pattern Baldness? That doesn't add up to me anymore. Maliniak breaks this down well. Really well. And I believe Papi also broke this down very well in his old thread with two words: Keith Richards.

Best of luck everyone!

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty Pictures

Post  papillapower Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Evidently you missed the memo. I posted pictures After 3 months and 7 months.

Regards,

Papilla Power

Glacier wrote:You have no credibility, no proof just long winding needless posts. Post your pictures here if you are legit, otherwise you are just barking in the wind. Go get a real job.

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Here are the pics you posted:

Papilla Power - Page 4 QlD3J
Papilla Power - Page 4 Cy1az
Papilla Power - Page 4 Eyip4

You need to give us some sort of before pictures because apparently you were pretty bald, so much that you had to wear a wig. Surely you must be able to find one photo from back then?

abc123

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty No

Post  papillapower Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:07 pm

The pictures you see are the pictures that are available. You may or may not, recall 30 years ago,
mobile phones didn't have cameras in them.

Regards,

Papilla Power

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Post  lustucru Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm

papillapower wrote:
The pictures you see are the pictures that are available. You may or may not, recall 30 years ago,

Regards,

Papilla Power

papillapower wrote:
Evidently you missed the memo. I posted pictures After 3 months and 7 months.

Regards,

Papilla Power

we don't need a picture from 30 years go. just a picture from three months before the "after 3 months" picture.

lustucru

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 pm

papillapower wrote:

Regards,

Papilla Power

Yeah but 30 years ago only 1982. Camera's did exist back then.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  SW2 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:47 pm

abc,

do you have pics of your progress since last summer?

SW2

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:59 pm

SW2 wrote:abc,

What is that supposed to mean. I'm not wanting NDAs for my advice, most of my posts are about metabolic health either way. I haven't had 1/10th the regrowth success that Papilla has had.

I am genuinely curious to see if he has any pics from the 80s.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  SW2 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Sorry abc, i didn't mean to be offensive; i was just curious how effective PP and Maliniak's theories are, as i'm just starting both this week... and i was hoping results might be showing..

my mistake abc.. i thought it was you who started the maliniak thread.. but it was Hobbes.

SW2

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty No photos

Post  papillapower Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm

There are no photos from the early 1980's.
When one is 21 or 22 years of age, wearing a hairpiece, one tends to be
somewhat adverse to having their photo taken. At least I was.

At that time, I was more interested in growing my hair back, than I was in proving to
anyone else that I grew it back.

Kind Regards,

Papilla Power

abc123 wrote:
SW2 wrote:abc,

What is that supposed to mean. I'm not wanting NDAs for my advice, most of my posts are about metabolic health either way. I haven't had 1/10th the regrowth success that Papilla has had.

I am genuinely curious to see if he has any pics from the 80s.

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 pm

When I started Tom Hagerty 3 + years ago I didn't take any pictures either. I thought I just want my old hair back, not proof that I can grow it back by doing silly scalp exercises. Which is probably good because even though I still like Tom's method as complementary, it alone would have only yielded before and before pictures:Not really an after picture Smile. At least not a good one in my case.

However, when I found this place in Jan 2011 something told me to snap a pic. So I did. Then I started Maliniak and Papi at the end of summer of 2011. When this Jan 2012 came around I was excited enough to snap a Jan 2012 pic. It's good enough for ME to be excited and keep doing the methods religiously. However, I will wait to post them, and more picks until the end of this year, and if I improve more. If I do improve more from here I am confident the pictures will surely be good enough for ANYone to get excited.

And yes, I too recommend EVERYone starting papi's method snap a before photo. I completey get how much this sucks. But in this case my current belief is that your chances of success in a year are really good.

papillapower wrote:There are no photos from the early 1980's.

At that time, I was more interested in growing my hair back, than I was in proving to

Kind Regards,

Papilla Power

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty When a person has little or no self-esteem

Post  papillapower Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:19 pm

When a young man is at their most vulnerable point in life,
with little or virtually no self-esteem of which to speak, when does
it become important to have their photographs taken? In my case, it wasn't. Not at all.

No, there are no before photos, probably because 30 years ago, I never did plan that one day
I would be putting up posts on the IH Forum. Truth be told, I would've been just as happy if
the Papilla Power method never saw the light of day. I grew my hair back. What do I care?

On the other hand, judging by the robust response that I've received requesting NDA's, several of which have been
returned, Notarized and signed, within 24 hours, I now believe that it is my obligation to share this method.

And I also believe that a signed, Notarized Non-Disclosure Agreement, is a small price to pay for a lifetime of healthy hair.

Kind Regards,

Papilla Power

duel_black wrote:When I started Tom Hagerty 3 + years ago I didn't take any pictures either. I thought I just want my old hair back, not proof that I can grow it back by doing silly scalp exercises. Which is probably good because even though I still like Tom's method as complementary, it alone would have only yielded before and before pictures:Not really an after picture Smile. At least not a good one in my case.

However, when I found this place in Jan 2011 something told me to snap a pic. So I did. Then I started Maliniak and Papi at the end of summer of 2011. When this Jan 2012 came around I was excited enough to snap a Jan 2012 pic. It's good enough for ME to be excited and keep doing the methods religiously. However, I will wait to post them, and more picks until the end of this year, and if I improve more. If I do improve more from here I am confident the pictures will surely be good enough for ANYone to get excited.

And yes, I too recommend EVERYone starting papi's method snap a before photo. I completey get how much this sucks. But in this case my current belief is that your chances of success in a year are really good.

papillapower wrote:There are no photos from the early 1980's.

Kind Regards,

Papilla Power

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Judging by Papilla's vigor, it's becoming less and less likely to me that his method is useless. The circumstantial evidence here is rather strong, and mounting. Some people say Papilla is only here to make money. Based on his "donate, if you wish, when you are completely satisfied" clause, why would he waste his time otherwise?

People are throwing words like "cure" and "work" around. There is no one product or method that will "cure," and regrow all hair. More reasonably, I think this method could be a significant part of a regimen that accomplishes more than any regimen has done previously. Papilla is bringing totally new aspects to the table (for most people anyway). It's not different than diet. Eating a fkn carrot isn't gonna do you shit. It's about the whole damn diet. Even if PP method is useless on it's own, it could still help astronomically. A spark plug is worthless on its own. But your '84 Pinto wont start without it.

There is no need for photos anyway. I can guarantee that the people who don't want to believe in PP wouldn't believe even if there was a whole photo album.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty Shame

Post  papillapower Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:26 pm

What would be a shame, is if you didn't sign an NDA, knowing that the
answer may be right there, right in front of you. Or going through the whole
rest of your life looking in the mirror at your hairline, creeping further and further back,
little by little, day by day, knowing if you'd only taken that one small step.

Kind Regards,

Papilla Power

lustucru wrote:i would have gladly signed the NDA but it says i need to get to a notary... now that's quite something, especially since i feel ashamed to be signing that NDA in front of someone... O_o

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 pm

NDW wrote:More reasonably, I think this method could be a significant part of a regimen that accomplishes more than any regimen has done previously.

You bring up a very good point. I have no problems with the approach PP is taking to share the method he learned from another 30 years back. In fact, I'd say, nice of him. It would be even nicer if he actually shared with everyone in the forum what his method comprises. It would surely help further develop and refine the understanding of how to prevent and reverse hair loss, given the number of knowledgeable people here. So many people are sharing what they know already on this forum and elsewhere... actually too many on this forum to mention. Elsewhere, Tom Hagerty shares his method for free, many others do share traditional and their own methods as well.

Still, if PP decides that he would like to share in a different manner, it is his prerogative. In which case, I would strongly encourage him to collaborate with others, as he already has given some thought to it. If he does not desire that the method he has learned be refined in a public forum, it would be a great idea to refine it further with others offline.

All that said, if everyone did things this way, nothing would be public knowledge. There would be no IH forum, CS would not spend his precious time and energy running the site and contributing copiously. ABC would write his book, instead of sharing his dietary approaches and their impact on hair, for example. Everything would be patented, copyrighted, licensed, trademarked. Think of the writer of the article in that magazine 30 years ago. He could have sat upon his observations and not shared it publicly, too.

Newton, who wasn't supposed to be a particularly nice fellow from many accounts, but was a brilliant mathematician and physicist nevertheless, is attributed a humbling quote... "If I have seen farther it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

In any case, to think that PP method alone is a miracle cure is implausible. Similar principles would be incorporated in other approaches, it is only a matter of sticking to them with regularity. In the end, progress goes on, whether an individual wishes to contribute it or not.

By the way, I do think if and when PP gets his donations, he would do well to calculate how many of his participants he got through this forum, and make a contribution to CS and this forum.

cheers
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 am

How many time have ONE guy had success with a method and then assumed that his
method will work for everyone?

Many times .... and this time is no exception. From experience it just doesnt work that way.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 am

9rugrats5 said:
I do think if and when PP gets his donations, he would do well to calculate how many of his participants he got through this forum, and make a contribution to CS and this forum.

I believe Pap already said he would, and IMO everyone who's been nattering/sniping in this thread would do well to do the same, if they don't/haven't already.

9rugrats5 also makes the excellent point that all current research and theory is built on someone else's research and theory. Case in point is Danny Roddy's book: I personally like that book, even though it's almost $1/page, because he took reams of Ray Peat's material, with different points made in an article here and another article there, and distilled it and synthesized it into something that I could understand. He did the 1000 hours of reading and digesting, and then took the time to transcribe his digestion, so I didn't have to do it for myself. Therefore, IMO it was worth it.

But what I really logged in to say was that Pap's explanation of why there are no pictures of him from 30 years ago is spot-on. For example, in 1982 I was a size 5 Marilyn Monroe body type, but I thought I was a complete cow because I wasn't a size 5 Cheryl Tiegs type with a board-flat stomach like many of my friends. We could all wear the same clothes, but I thought I was fat because my body shape was not the media ideal of the day. Therefore there are very few pictures of me from that time period. Producing them on demand would probably be difficult, as well, since I don't know exactly where the few in existence are. I have lots of pictures I took of other people, but few of me or with me in them. I always ducked out when the flashbulbs started popping. Those of you who don't know who Cheryl Tiegs was or what flashbulbs are, google them. LOL

Plus, there's this: pictures were not so easy to deal with back then. You didn't waste film on stuff like pictures of your damn bald head b/c the film cost money and it cost still more to develop it. Plus you had to drive it to the store and drive back to pick it up. Especially if you were young and maybe a little poverty-stricken and had to choose between, say, a hair piece or buying & developing film, probably pictures of your hair growth (or lack thereof) weren't high on your priority list. We couldn't publish pictures at the drop of a hat. Or you can consider that it's like many of us often choose between buying supplements or doing other things we want or need to do.

Just sayin', for perspective. From what I can see many of the biggest nay-sayers in this thread are youngbloods, and you guys don't have it yet. You're passionate, intelligent, and extremely knowledgeable in many areas, but lacking in perspective. Not criticizing, that's just a fact. I didn't have perspective when I was your age, either. It will come.

Anyways, this method will work, or not, and those of us who are trying it will be forthcoming about results or lack thereof. I plan to give it a good long go (the specified year, at least). And I plan to be forthcoming about results. I have some before pictures and will document my progress as/if it occurs.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Papilla Power - Page 4 Empty One more thing

Post  papillapower Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Hello;

One thing that I think would be prudent to talk about at this stage, simply because I know it's going to come up
more frequently as more people embark on the Papilla Power method is this; possible excessive hair loss in the beginning
weeks and months of applying the method. Many participants have already experienced this and have also seen that,
although somewhat frightening at first, now also understand that it is a necessary part of the method that, in my opinion,
is a clear indication that something very important is happening.

I sometimes hear things like " I can't afford to lose any more hair" or "I need to hang onto what I have" or other such things. Understand this: You need to lose this old hair. The sooner, the better. This hair is going to fall out anyway. What we are doing is expediting that process. The big difference is, now, there will be, with almost with 100% certainty, a new hair that is being formed to replace it. Furthermore, if there is no new hair that is being formed now, at some point in the near future, there will be.

Again, understand this; old hair will fall out and will be replaced with a newly formed hair, as opposed to, that hair falling out and the papilla remaining dormant and producing only a vellous hair. This is the the issue that must be understood.

There is no need to be frightened of this process. It is necessary and crucial. In fact, I've even heard people say, they won't apply the method for the very reason they should be applying it. They are afraid to lose existing hair. To this, I can only say; ok. You either make a decision to commit to doing something that is going to change the way you understand your hair loss and growth, or, you're not.

Kind Regards,

Papilla Power

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Hey PP,

I just wanted to chime in here. I lost a ton of hair using the system.

It was all poor quality hair that went - in fact, it was hair that had a slight auburn tint. the rest of my hair is dark brown - but I noticed as I started losing hair, my hair had a slight auburn look to it (not on the sides mind). That was the hair that went.

I would say using the system pushed me from a Norwood 3V to 4.

Do I regret it? Heck no!

This is what told me it was working. I may have less hair now - but that hair was going to go regardless. And guess what - if the system didn't do anything - the hair wouldn't have shed.

The very fact this system causes hair to shed speaks volumes about the fact it is doing something.

I've finally had another growth spurt. Not much, but 10 or so new hairs growing in clusters on my hairline. Slowly but surely, it's not fast, but this system works. Thank you Papilla - I can't wait till I have something that is cosmetically noticeable.

One other thing, I've noticed my hair grows at very different rates now - so I have to get my hair cut more often to keep it looking even.

After a few months, the difference would be in inches.

I find this a curious and unique phenomena to your system and yet again, something that screams - this is working.

BTw - when you wore a toupee - how bad was the hair underneath?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  papillapower Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:02 am

Hi There;

Your observations are quite what I expect, and in line with the time frame within which you have been applying the technique, in that, certain areas may grow at different rates than others. I have some theories regarding this but I think it comes down to the different stages of growth that the hair is in, as well as the consistency of the blood-flow penetrating into the papillae.

Every few months or so, a whole new "cluster" will sprout up right out of nowhere. However, keep in mind, that some of these may shed as well, but over time they too will grow to full length and fill in. I believe that this is an excellent observation and demonstrates that there doesn't necessarily have to be any "uniform" growth, simply because that is what we want. The key now, is that you're starting to see actual new hair begin to poke through. When I first noticed it so many years ago, it didn't matter that it was only 1/2 inch long. it was brand new hair, which confirmed exactly what I finally began to understand, and that was, that the papillae were in fact, producing brand new hair.

This was huge.

When I was wearing the toupee, I would remove it every day for 2 years, to apply the method. In the beginning stages, the hair quality was poor, dry and brittle, but over time, I noticed that the quality was visibly improving. However, even after I ditched the toupee, I was still pretty self-conscious about my hair, because of the very fact which you mentioned, and that was, that it was growing at different rates and different lengths in different areas. This was very difficult to explain to my hair dresser, (band mates and others), who was adamant that I was cutting my own hair. Eventually there was enough hair to style and work it, so that it wasn't as noticeable, but I still used to wear a ball cap all the time and used a lot of hair spray. I was teaching guitar at the time, and would wear the ball cap to work and simply remove it when I got into my studio. As long as it didn't get wet or windblown, I was ok. It was awkward, but I knew I was on the right track and there was no convincing me otherwise. Looking back, it was an unbelievable learning experience that I can now share with confidence, that you and others will experience the same thing in your own unique way.

Congratulations gbp, that is great to hear. keep it up. you will not be disappointed.

Kind Regards,

Papilla Power

gbp2000 wrote:Hey PP,

I just wanted to chime in here. I lost a ton of hair using the system.

It was all poor quality hair that went - in fact, it was hair that had a slight auburn tint. the rest of my hair is dark brown - but I noticed as I started losing hair, my hair had a slight auburn look to it (not on the sides mind). That was the hair that went.

I would say using the system pushed me from a Norwood 3V to 4.

Do I regret it? Heck no!

This is what told me it was working. I may have less hair now - but that hair was going to go regardless. And guess what - if the system didn't do anything - the hair wouldn't have shed.

The very fact this system causes hair to shed speaks volumes about the fact it is doing something.

I've finally had another growth spurt. Not much, but 10 or so new hairs growing in clusters on my hairline. Slowly but surely, it's not fast, but this system works. Thank you Papilla - I can't wait till I have something that is cosmetically noticeable.

One other thing, I've noticed my hair grows at very different rates now - so I have to get my hair cut more often to keep it looking even.

After a few months, the difference would be in inches.

I find this a curious and unique phenomena to your system and yet again, something that screams - this is working.

BTw - when you wore a toupee - how bad was the hair underneath?

papillapower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4