Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You people are gonna love this :)

+17
Decro435
Hoppipolla
Paradox
masterfree
magic_gro
Lambaugh
scottyc33
Directo
tonyj
Balthier
theseeker86
The Natural
j87x
teacup
tooyoung
mphatesmpb
abc123
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 Empty Re: You people are gonna love this :)

Post  scottyc33 Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:41 am

The Natural wrote:It's interesting that our discussions have to turned to pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), as I had been trying to figure out the cause of significant improvement in my hair's thickness/growth. I recently read that royal jelly is an excellent (the best food) source of vitamin B5. In addition, royal jelly naturally contains other B vitamins, necessary to maintain a proper balance.

This is interesting. A lot of people megadose B5 to stop acne.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 Empty Re: You people are gonna love this :)

Post  Lambaugh Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:07 am

scottyc33 wrote:
The Natural wrote:It's interesting that our discussions have to turned to pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), as I had been trying to figure out the cause of significant improvement in my hair's thickness/growth. I recently read that royal jelly is an excellent (the best food) source of vitamin B5. In addition, royal jelly naturally contains other B vitamins, necessary to maintain a proper balance.

Yes, but many also report increased hairloss at the same time.

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:15 pm

"Balance" is important.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Lambaugh Yesterday at 6:07 pm

scottyc33 wrote:

Yes, but many also report increased hairloss at the same time.
I've read posting in the past about complaints of B5 and hair loss. I don't remember if they where taking mega doses or part of a regime. But I haven't been able to find recent postings on B5 hair loss as side effects (doesn't mean they don't exist). The older posting B5/hair loss or TE seems to be around 2000-2004.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:40 pm

i sure experienced that biotin => acne, so i guess B5 => hair loss (it's just the dual case!)

Fred: since your post i started applying "Greensations ThermaScalp" with cayenne pepper. if i apply it right after a shower, it really burns. have you ever done that? if so i'd deduce that the intense burning sensation was still ok, given the results you achieved...

thank you!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:46 am

The Natural,

What royal jelly are you taking?

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 Empty New Video - My Story

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:52 am

Here's my new video where I talk about my story & my solutions to hair loss Smile, enjoy! Sorry if I speak to fast sometimes Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:06 am

scottyc33 wrote:The Natural, What royal jelly are you taking?

Scotty, I am taking Y.S. Organic Bee Farms royal jelly (in honey). Tastes excellent. Still, been trying to find information as to which kind of royal jelly is better, "fresh" or freeze-dried in gel capsules.

Oh, and I'd put this $40 - $50 a month regimen of mine up against any one of those $1000 laser helmets any day.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:32 am

What would you mainly attribute your success to Fred?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 am

1. Minoxidil 2. Vitamin A and B5 (reduce sebum) 3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Cayenne Pepper 4. the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post  masterfree Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:52 pm

I am not sure about Vitamin A but one thing Vitamin B5 does is reducing/balancing cortisol levels.

Whenever I see a diffuser I think it has something to do with elevated cortisols and once you reduce your cortisol levels other things start working better. In belgian's example minoxidil did not work for years and all of a sudden it worked wonders. IMO

masterfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks for the video Fred. Your English is good; it's not too fast. I think you're right about b5. I went back on b5 recently and my skin/scalp feel healthier. It does support the adrenal glands like masterfree said.

A word of caution about minoxidil though...

I know you're young and still have plenty of collagen and probably no laugh lines or wrinkles. I used minoxidil from 18 to like 25 I think, and I can tell you that the deterioration of collagen and other side effects tend to creep up slowly over time. Now that I'm 31 and have existing laugh lines and my skin is thinner from aging and the sun...If I use even 1/4ml of minoxidil a day, I will notice my skin look like hell within 2 weeks. Just keep a look out man because it happens so slowly as you age that you don't notice it very easily. Apparently minoxidil has been proven to destroy collagen, but i haven't seen any studies personally. I can attest to it in my case, but not when I was your age really.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Fred: how many years between when you lost your hair and when it grew back?

everybody: do you think this stuff can also help someone who's not a diffuse thinner, like me having just lost the temples?

thank you!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Same reply as on HLT Smile ::

Well done mate nice work!!

To be honest I have done limited research into the supps here as as you know my focus is the liver and digestion, but it seems the circumstances and stuff surrounding your hair loss were probably different to mine.

Whatever the underlying biology - well done mate and I wish you continued success! You've done really well with all this and I'm sure you will inspire a lot of people!

Peace,

Hoppi!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 am

I did a quick google search on B5 and hairloss, one person said they were taking 4g for acne and got hair loss.

Would 500mg-1g be unlikely to cause problems?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:08 am

right now i am taking anywhere from 2 to 6 grams per day. no shedding whatsoever.

but i am also taking B2, B3 (niacianamide) and B6, biotin, and B12... the last two sublingual.

IMHO where B5 and biotin become bad is when they compete for absorption of the other B's...
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 am

masterfree wrote:I am not sure about Vitamin A but one thing Vitamin B5 does is reducing/balancing cortisol levels.

Whenever I see a diffuser I think it has something to do with elevated cortisols and once you reduce your cortisol levels other things start working better. In belgian's example minoxidil did not work for years and all of a sudden it worked wonders. IMO

I'm thinking the same thing. Stress plays a large role in hair loss, using B5 helps the adrenals. Since the adrenals and thyroid are interlinked it could be the reason for it's supposed effects on hair loss.

As for Fred, I'm afraid that minoxidil is probably a big player in his success as you have stated.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:57 am

magic_gro wrote:right now i am taking anywhere from 2 to 6 grams per day. no shedding whatsoever.

but i am also taking B2, B3 (niacianamide) and B6, biotin, and B12... the last two sublingual.

IMHO where B5 and biotin become bad is when they compete for absorption of the other B's...

magic gro - Do you take each B vit individually or do you take a complex supp?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:06 am

i take them individually.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:33 pm

How are you guys taking the B5?...I mean, with or without food, 1g once or 500mg twice a day, etc...thanks

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 pm

I've been losing hair since 17,5 years old, got on minox at 20, and on the supps and natural topicals at 21. I takes a long time to notice your loss when you're a diffuse. I take 1g of vitamin B5, it's just safe at this dosage.

Thank you all Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 am

Way to go Fred Very Happy And thanks so much for posting your regimen, results and the youtube videos.

PS--The HLT guys were downright brutal but you held your position and composure in the face of all of it. Good Job! cheers
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

You people are gonna love this :) - Page 2 Empty Improve my regimen?

Post  Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 am

I just wanted to ask you if you think I should add something to my regimen to boost my result when you look at my current regimen and the type of my loss (so diffuse thinning with no receeding at all and no bald spot), it's already ok as it is now but I don't have many before pictures, so I tend to think that I'm just maintaining while it's not the case, I mean, I don't realise it's getting better you know what I mean? and I just want to get sure I knock out this hair loss bitch lol.

Supplements: Vitamin A (25000 IU) , Vitamin B5 (1g), Vitamin D (2000 IU), Maca (1g), Chlorella (2g), Curcurmin (250 mg) and Resveratrol (100 mg), Ecklonia Cava (160 mg), Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid (100 mg), Krill oil (1g), Decalcify (5 mg Vitamin K2, 20 mg Zinc, 300 mg Magnesium and 60 mg Pottasium), Acetyl L-Carnitine (500 mg), Altisa VitaMins Adult-Forte Manager Plus (Multivitamin mineral complex), Altisa VitaMins Hair & Nail.
Topicals: Minoxidil 5%, Apple cider vinegar with Cayenne Pepper, Ortho Organic Shampoo & Conditioner, Revita Shampoo
Will never consider: Finasteride
Hairloss pattern: DPA (thinning equally in the NW 5 area with no receding hairline or bald spot)
Status: NW2 (like that since I was born, talk about starting with a disadvantage). Maintaining and Regrowth

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:09 am

i wonder if you couldn't add Pyridoxine Hcl (the best form of B6) and L-Optizinc to your Cayenne-ACV, turning it into a Cayenne-ACV-Zix.

maybe being a diffuser and having the whole top of the head to experiment with, you could keep on using your old formula on most of your head and the one with the added Zix only on a small area that you are not too concerned about, like maybe in the middle where nobody would notice it. Then after 3-6 months you could compare the results... Wink
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:12 am

My Hair & Nail Supplements has Pyridoxine HCl in it (3 mg :p), maybe I'll try to add the zinc to my solution so (how do you do that by the way??), thank you Smile, other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next