Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Gonna get vicious on it EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Gonna get vicious on it EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Gonna get vicious on it EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Gonna get vicious on it EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Gonna get vicious on it EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Gonna get vicious on it EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Gonna get vicious on it EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Gonna get vicious on it EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Gonna get vicious on it EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gonna get vicious on it

3 posters

Go down

Gonna get vicious on it Empty Gonna get vicious on it

Post  JosephineMarie Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 am

Ok, so after re-watching the video that is nested on the sebum thread, I have a renewed determination that besides the supplements I need to do some serious scalp treatments. The last three days I have let my shampoo sit on my head for a couple of minutes in the shower that contains CS's recommended DMSO/lithium (rather than just lathering and rinising). I've definitely noticed an increased in shedding because of it--I have been throwing small wads of hair in the garbage, over and above the usual daily shed the last three days. Yesterday, I went to the pet store to buy some things for my cats and purchased some pet shampoo for myself. The ingredients: Saponified oils of coconut, olive and jojoba, tea tree oil, rosemary oil, sage oil, cedarwood oil, peppermint oil, sweet orange oil, eucalyptus oil, pine needle oil aloe vera, rosemary extract (as a preservative). The purpose of this purchase was to see if I can clarify my scalp--reduce and/or dissolve any sebum deposits and/or any build up of hair products that may be clogging my hair follices. So, before I got in the shower this morning, I took that bottle, added more orange oil, lavender (a known dht inhibitor according to Dr. Pickart of skin biology), a little more tea tree and peppermint and massaged it into my scalp and let is sit on there for 5 minutes before I got in the shower and then did the litihium/dmso shampoo for 2 minutes again. Lost another small wad of hair, over and above the usual. After I got out, I scalp rollered and applied copper peptides. My scalp is feeling pretty stimulated now. I'm also going to add brushing my hair at night really well. I've got a brush that has these great tines on it and really stimulates the scalp. I'm going to see where I can get with this in addition to the supplements I take every day. Wanted to document it here so I can remember when I started all this. I'm not too worried about the extra shedding. It has been my experience that any time I've used topicals to remove DHT, there is always extra shedding involved, and besides, I feel like if the hair is going to come out like that, it was eventually going to come out anyway, and it makes little difference whether it is today or tomorrow--it was just hanging around waiting to fall out anyway. We shall see if any of this makes a difference while I continue to wait for the supplements, etc. to kick in.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Gonna get vicious on it Empty Re: Gonna get vicious on it

Post  misterE Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:40 am

Good luck pal. Could you tell me the name of the shampoo you bought?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 am

Mister E--thanks for the well-wishes Smile

This is what I bought: http://www.petco.com/product/105061/Halo-Cloud-Nine-Herbal-Shampoo-for-Dogs-and-Cats.aspx

Hey, and it gets a 5 of of 5 paws rating Wink
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:26 am

I just read the ingredients. Looks promising. It has a lot of ingredients that are in Dr. Bronners Magic Soap too.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 am

misterE wrote:I just read the ingredients. Looks promising. It has a lot of ingredients that are in Dr. Bronners Magic Soap too.

I've been reading about sebum a lot lately and understand that oil works well to dissolve oils. I was a little suprised at how much lather I got given that the entire ingredient list is oil of this and oil of that. It does seem worth a shot. And I've got nothing to lose on it, except more hair, and as I said, it's coming out anyway....
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:17 am

JosephineMarie wrote:

I've been reading about sebum a lot lately and understand that oil works well to dissolve oils. I was a little suprised at how much lather I got given that the entire ingredient list is oil of this and oil of that. It does seem worth a shot. And I've got nothing to lose on it, except more hair, and as I said, it's coming out anyway....

What kind of diet do you follow?

Also getting rid of sebum will starve the fungus: P.Ovale that cause inflammation. I would first change my diet to a diet that doesn't causes sebum, going on the McDougall-diet plus fasting completely stopped sebum production for me, so much I could go months without washing my hair!

Next I would combat the fungus that lives on your scalp (due to the high concentration of sebaceous-glands), which eats the sebum you secrete. I'm currently using Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap, Ketoconazole-shampoo (Nizoral-1%) and have been spraying my scalp with athletes-foot-spray-powder (miconazole-nitrate-2%) with no adverse reactions at all!

Finally I would do my absolute best to reverse the "big-three" diseases associated with MPB; atherosclerosis, diabetes, and prostate-enlargement. All three can be greatly improved with a McDougall-type diet and daily exercise. Also note that consuming dairy-products is shown to correlate with the "big-three" disease associated with MPB.

This to me seems like the cure, I've been following this for some-time now with good results so far: no more shedding, hair is much thicker than one-year-ago, less scalp acne and shine, etc. Not to mention my cholesterol, blood-pressure, and insulin sensitivity is finally under-control and my body has been getting very lean and I’m much more confident around the opposite sex, no more worrying about how my hair looks or anything.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 am

So, is it just normal FPB? or?

Sorry for my ignorance ._.

FPB is an interesting one though, I have some theories but I dunno what is right and what is wrong!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi Hoppi - I actually think I suffer from a dual problem of hypothyroidism and androgenic alopecia. No official diagnosis on the androgenic alopecia from a derm, but I have what I feel are the telltale signs of it. Besides hair falling out, there is a definite thinning of the hairs themselves--some very very fine and wispy or almost like the hair of a cat and deformed (curly), so there is definitely follicle miniaturization happening (and has been happening, this has been going on for 5 years now). Plus I grew a bunch of body hair in places that I don't even want to discuss that I have had to have removed, and I got oilier in general-so much that I turned to Retin-A and other things to tame that down--which to me points to too many androgens circulating in this bod. (BTW--for anybody who is interested Kalo hair inhibitor works great and is totally worth the money). And, I have low progesterone readings and developed uterine and breast cysts at last check, which point to PCOS (an androgen problem). Just the other day CS said that DHT isn't a problem for people if there's enough "voltage" from the thyroid, so it was rather an eye opener to think that my sensitivity to DHT could stem from low thyroid. Anyway, so, I guess in sum, what I am saying is that yeah, I guess I have FPB, and struggle in the fight with DHT collecting in my scalp/causing hair loss. I would like to chalk it all up to thyroid, but I know that isn't the case--it's only part of the problem. How's that for an explanation? I hope I didn't make anybody squemish speaking of my female parts and hair in weird places Wink
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Aw no, I just want to help if I can Smile

I dunno I mean, if I were you I would probably just be nuking androgens lol

Hell, I'm a guy and I'm trying to get equol and lignans into me to nuke androgens!! hehe Smile

I know that people say there's more to it than that, and I will definitely try Prague or JDP's current approaches if they continue to show results, but right now.. I just have a real feeling that androgens are the reason I'm losing hair, and my collagen degradation was the reason my follicles are now susceptible to them.

Did you have a blood test at all to determine your T and DHT levels maybe? Lignans and equol might do some good to fizzle them a bit! A bit "HLT" I know but.. man I don't like androgens very much!! hehe
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Aw no, I just want to help if I can Smile

I dunno I mean, if I were you I would probably just be nuking androgens lol

Hell, I'm a guy and I'm trying to get equol and lignans into me to nuke androgens!! hehe Smile

I know that people say there's more to it than that, and I will definitely try Prague or JDP's current approaches if they continue to show results, but right now.. I just have a real feeling that androgens are the reason I'm losing hair, and my collagen degradation was the reason my follicles are now susceptible to them.

Did you have a blood test at all to determine your T and DHT levels maybe? Lignans and equol might do some good to fizzle them a bit! A bit "HLT" I know but.. man I don't like androgens very much!! hehe

Ha ha. I went off on a tangent! Thanks for responding/trying to help me Hoppi Very Happy I am attacking androgens via taking 3.6 grams of n-aceytl-cysteine with selenium and molybdenum almost daily (weekends I slack off slightly), using progesterone cream and Immortal's top 6 plus a few other choice supps tossed in, including maca--I think too that even the inositol I am taking for help with depression can help lower androgens. At last check my T was in normal range, as was my E. I've never had my DHT checked though, but given what I said above, I'm not sure I need to see the numbers to know there's an issue there. I think it is definitely appropriate to do something topically while waiting for the supps to change the layout of the land--hence the start of this post. Someone asked me how much hair I was losing/day via a pm yesterday. I counted 125/day the last couple of days (a conversative #--didn't count the hair on the floor). I'll be looking forward to that stopping soon.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:51 am

Yeah I know what you mean, I lose quite a lot of hair day to day, but then I'm sure it looks like more than it actually is as I still have really long hair.

I do hope I can get it to stop, as I just want my body to be happy and healthy and you know, looking that way with nice hair and skin Smile However at the same time I can't help but hate DHT and stuff Sad

I really hope we both get success in the near future! ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:31 am

misterE wrote:
JosephineMarie wrote:

What kind of diet do you follow?

Also getting rid of sebum will starve the fungus: P.Ovale that cause inflammation. I would first change my diet to a diet that doesn't causes sebum, going on the McDougall-diet plus fasting completely stopped sebum production for me, so much I could go months without washing my hair!

Next I would combat the fungus that lives on your scalp (due to the high concentration of sebaceous-glands), which eats the sebum you secrete. I'm currently using Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap, Ketoconazole-shampoo (Nizoral-1%) and have been spraying my scalp with athletes-foot-spray-powder (miconazole-nitrate-2%) with no adverse reactions at all!

Finally I would do my absolute best to reverse the "big-three" diseases associated with MPB; atherosclerosis, diabetes, and prostate-enlargement. All three can be greatly improved with a McDougall-type diet and daily exercise. Also note that consuming dairy-products is shown to correlate with the "big-three" disease associated with MPB.

This to me seems like the cure, I've been following this for some-time now with good results so far: no more shedding, hair is much thicker than one-year-ago, less scalp acne and shine, etc. Not to mention my cholesterol, blood-pressure, and insulin sensitivity is finally under-control and my body has been getting very lean and I’m much more confident around the opposite sex, no more worrying about how my hair looks or anything.

MisterE--Apparently I need my eyes checked, b/c this morning I didn't see this post that you wrote me. My diet is OK, but could be better. I don't do gluten at all, I do eat some dairy products, but I don't feel that I overdose on them, and I am trying to cut out bad fats--that's probably where I am falling down the most--it's not that I eat potato chips, which I rarely do, but there's bad fats in so many things--esp. chocolate, which I really happen to like...... And then there's the coffee--it's so easy for me to slip into consuming too much, which is terrible in terms of creating a high cortisol/insulin situation in the body. The things I have made tremendous progress in is reducing the volume of food that I consume and completely quitting alcohol altogether. I do take ALA/carnetine as per IH's regimen and also recently l-lysine and vitamin C, so I am definitely working on trying to take care of my blood sugar and countering atherosclerosis--which actually could be a real issue since I smoked for years. As for the prostate, well, I don't have one, so no worries there Wink I'm glad you are doing so well--that's awesome Smile I hope be saying the same thing soon. Thanks for your input; I appreciate it Smile
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down