Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
How many of you on this forum... EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How many of you on this forum... EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
How many of you on this forum... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
How many of you on this forum... EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
How many of you on this forum... EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
How many of you on this forum... EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
How many of you on this forum... EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
How many of you on this forum... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How many of you on this forum... EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How many of you on this forum...

+13
Lambaugh
Misirlou
act
CausticSymmetry
berti
Balthier
sdguy
nidhogge
tooyoung
pancacke
NataliaV
helpmyhair1
Hoppipolla
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many of you on this forum... Empty How many of you on this forum...

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:08 am

...are safe and sound regarding hairloss, I mean how many cured it with or without drugs, with or without supplements and with or without topicals? If such things exist, of course, cure MPB without potent drugs as finasteride (even fin doesn't cure it in fact). If you made it, can you explain what did you do or take in details. Oh I already know that CS cured his with a shitload of supps :p. Thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

How many of you on this forum... Empty Nobody it seems

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 am

Seems that nobody ever cured his hairloss on this forum...

Back to top Go down

How many of you on this forum... Empty Re: How many of you on this forum...

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:07 am

haha I don't think that's true, I mean I know act react is having some luck, and I commonly hear stories of success or partial success (even complete "cures") with alternative remedies.

It's not easy though, and everyone is different, at least to some extent.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:02 am

Hey I am having some success. Basically my hair has become thicker over the last month or so. Here is my regimen:

Supps:
IH Supplement Line - Everything except Krill Oil.
Iodine 5% Lugols <-- I didn't get results til I added iodine to my regimen. I believe it has a lot to do with my success.

Topical:
Ortho Organics Shampoo

Diet:
Trying to keep my grains consumption down. Also trying to keep sugar down which is very tough for me.

Exercise:
Work out about 3-4 times a week.

I believe one of the causes of my hairloss is candida, and since adding iodine, I don't even really lose much hair anymore. I think there is a connection.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  NataliaV Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:36 am

I've been lurking around here for a long time. Sorry I haven't had much to contribute maybe until now.

My hair has always been bad since I was 17 years-old. I'm 37 now. My results took a long time, but I had a
lot wrong with me. I spent nearly one year getting rid of the junk in my body, cut some of the grains, stopped eating cold and hot cereal, ate less sweets, stop drinking milk cat

It was hard to change my diet maybe at first bcz I had to learn what I could eat. I had terrible sugar cravings in the past and now I have no more white stuff on my tongue. Reading all the threads on kefir and yogurt I got in the habit of eating lots of this stuff and using probiotics like LG. I think people need to try a bunch of different kinds bcz some plug you up and others do not!

After taking IH6 + iodine + probiotics + MCP and my hair finally quit falling!  I could go on forever about what else has happened.  Thank you Littlefighter and CS for what you do here!!!!

http://immortalhair.blogspot.com/

NataliaV

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:37 am

hmh1 - I think you're spot on there.

You think the iodine is killing the candida?

Man.. I need to kill this darn stuff Sad I just don't know how!!

It's kinda bumming me out atm ._. Such a puzzle and I just want to be better, you know?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:46 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:Seems that nobody ever cured his hairloss on this forum...
Maybe you take a look at the hundred other threads with the same topic....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 am

Give people chance to respond.

Off the top of my head I can think of jdp, mastery, thenatural, prague, CS, nocturnalhorse and act react has had health successes if nothing else.

Just by searching "success" in the forum I found a few success stories I hadn't seen before.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:01 am

oh, tooyoung, how are you getting on at the moment man? Smile

I remember we had some similarities in symptoms and it would be good to share bits and pieces we've learned!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

How many of you on this forum... Empty People

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:09 am

Where should I buy lugol's iodine?

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Hoppipola--

I'm on Day 1 of the DHerbs.com "Full Body Detox". Stuff like this, is what REALLY benefits your health and hair. Come on board and join me, I could use the company. All raw, organic veggies for 20 days, along with his supplement system to clean the crap out of our blood, organs, and so forth!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:05 pm

This last time I picked up 2.2% lugol's off of ebay but I bought it from here before:

http://www.bloodrootproducts.com/Lugol_s_Iodine_Solution_5_and_2_2_s/142.htm

They have 2.2% and 5% available (looks like 5% still out there nidhogge)

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:52 pm

helpmyhair1 wrote:I believe one of the causes of my hairloss is candida, and since adding iodine, I don't even really lose much hair anymore. I think there is a connection.
how many mg are you taking daily and are you adding selenium or anything along with the iodine?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 pm

nidhogge wrote:Hoppipola--

I'm on Day 1 of the DHerbs.com "Full Body Detox". Stuff like this, is what REALLY benefits your health and hair. Come on board and join me, I could use the company. All raw, organic veggies for 20 days, along with his supplement system to clean the crap out of our blood, organs, and so forth!

Heh, maybe, but I really just wanna nuke Candida atm!! ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 pm

You can't kill your candida, everyone have it, just live with it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Fred.... I mean this in the nicest way possible. Before you say things in future, just do a bit of research, just quickly punch it into Google or Wikipedia and LEARN the groundwork of it. Or at the very least please don't jump to a conclusion based on your lack of knowledge, and then express it bluntly as if you know better than everybody else (as you just did).

Because it's frustrating, and it means I have to sit here saying things that you could have discovered by yourself very quickly and easily.

I'll just link you to Wikipedia's entry on this, ok? I've also quoted the wider C. albicans entry to put it in context a bit more.

"Under normal circumstances, C. albicans
lives in 80% of the human population with
no harmful effects, although overgrowth
results in candidiasis. Candidiasis is often
observed in immunocompromised
individuals such as HIV-positive patients.
Candidiasis also may occur in the blood and
in the genital tract. Candidiasis, also known
as "thrush", is a common condition, usually
easily cured in people who are not
immunocompromised. To infect host tissue,
the usual unicellular yeast-like form of C.
albicans reacts to environmental cues and
switches into an invasive, multicellular
filamentous form.[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis

Candida overgrowth (Candidiasis) is most common in the digestive tract and can get EVERYWHERE.

Hope that helps Smile

However... it's doubtful that this is your problem as your hair loss does seem very genetic ._.

Last edited by Hoppipolla on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

How many of you on this forum... Empty Dherbs detox

Post  berti Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Nid, I'd like to try the Dherbs detox myself after reading your last post, only thing stopping me is that I'm training for an upcoming comp and don't want to interfere with that, let us know how you get on

Berti

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:44 pm

helpmyhair1 wrote:I believe one of the causes of my hairloss is candida, and since adding iodine, I don't even really lose much hair anymore. I think there is a connection.

What dose iodine do you take, what time of the day? I've noticed no change in candida with iodine yet.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 pm

tooyoung wrote:

What dose iodine do you take, what time of the day? I've noticed no change in candida with iodine yet.

As far as I can tell, colloidal silver can nuke candida (Trapper on CureZone says it single-handedly cured his), but I'm concerned about argyria when consuming the kinds of amounts probably necessary for killing candida.

Other than that I am pretty confident it would do the trick.

With iodine... I have NO idea. I have heard very mixed stories, and I too would very much like to learn more about this Smile

Iodine does apparently detach mercury and allow it to be removed from the body, and it's been thought that Candida may use mercury in itself, so perhaps the iodine is merely chelating away the mercury from the fungus? Just a thought Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:19 am

Yes, Candida naturally occurs in the body, it is only the overgrowth that is a concern. The problem with Candida is more involved than just the Candida itself, it's also the gluten. For example, if one has an allergy to gluten, which is found in rye, barley and wheat, it can create inflammation that is often unnoticed (or not thought to be caused from the gluten).

I should point out that in most cases, an allergy to wheat/gluten can be corrected with treatment of Candida albicans infection. This is a finding based on new research.

Turns out that Candida albicans makes hyphal wall protein 1. It does so to allow it to stick to the lining of the intestine so that it can remain after food digestion.

This is actually the very same protein in gliadin, which is in gluten. If someone takes an antibiotic or too many over a period, Candida overgrowth will often occur. With that, there is an immune response of T-cells targeting the Candida.

It's not just the Candida the T-cells are targeting, it's also hyphal wall protein 1. And since it appears to be the same protein to the body, ingesting wheat gluten also gets attacked, hence the inflammation response.

Since there is gluten in practically "everything" if one has Candida overgrowth (sugar cravings are one indication besides antibody tests), ingesting gluten containing products will promote an attack (inflammation).

Normalizing the Candida population will allow one to handle these wheat products better.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 am

CS - I've heard about that actually!

I've cut gluten pretty low in my diet now (just oats pretty much, as I know they contain very little gluten).

Man I can't wait until all this is solved! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:14 am

Hoppipolla wrote:hmh1 - I think you're spot on there.

You think the iodine is killing the candida?

Man.. I need to kill this darn stuff Sad I just don't know how!!

It's kinda bumming me out atm ._. Such a puzzle and I just want to be better, you know?

Honestly, I'm not really sure what the iodine is doing specifically, but I believe I have a candida overgrowth as I have many of the symptoms + have alot of sugar cravings. Also when I eat grains (gluten), I notice itchy scalp starting again. All I know is that since adding the iodine, my hair has stabilized alot more. In addition, I also take Niacinamide as well, as CS has stated that it may also help with candida.

Whether Candida is my problem or not, I want to rule it out.

Also, I forgot to add in my regimen that I take about 5000 mg of vita D a day.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:16 am

Balthier wrote:
how many mg are you taking daily and are you adding selenium or anything along with the iodine?

I started with 2 drops each night. And slowly I worked my way up to about 6 or 7 drops a night. Actually I'm not really sure if I should keep increasing or not?

As for mg, I believe each drop is 6.25mg.

Also I do not take Selenium... should I be?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:18 am

tooyoung wrote:

Take it as night before bed (I believe thats when CS takes it as I think he said that thats when all the metabolic processes are happening, or something like that).

And as previously mentioned, I'm up to 6 or 7 vertical drops a night.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:22 am

Helpmyhair, you say you started a 2 drops per night and are now up to 6/7 drops per night, how did you know when to up the dosage?

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next