Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Who I should listed to in this forum? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Who I should listed to in this forum?

+4
Mastery
CausticSymmetry
AS54
researchingeverything
8 posters

Go down

Who I should listed to in this forum? Empty Who I should listed to in this forum?

Post  researchingeverything Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:00 am

I wanted to know if you guys know which forum members here have a degree or phd in nutrition or some related sciences so I know to which members I should really follow...

Im not saying that I will ignore what those who have no degrees post here...in fact im learning a lot from the experience from many different people here..

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Who I should listed to in this forum? Empty Re: Who I should listed to in this forum?

Post  AS54 Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:16 am

Hey,

Sorry I keep replying first to all your posts, haha. But overall, the real sign of whether or not you should listen to someone isn't contained in whether they have a degree or not. You've got to read what they have to say and see how they reason, how critically they approach a topic, whether the logic in their thinking makes intuitive sense to you and is evident.

What you'll find with the educational system is that the higher someone gets in their education, the more they know about less. That's to be expected though right? The more someone wants to specialize, the more they begin to focus their attention, brain power, and time on a more narrow area of research. People always joke that you start out knowing a little about a lot, and end up knowing a lot about very little. But for science as a field to progress, that's necessary, and the collection of all of those specialized wisdoms is what builds the whole of science.

What I'm saying though is that most of the people approaching hair loss from the perspective we are, are coming looking for a very broad knowledge base. Its something that takes a lifetime to build, and no phd on earth is going to encompass the breadth of specialized knowledge it takes to understand MPB. It takes a great many minds working together.

And maybe most importantly, a degree is really just a way of commercializing education. All of the knowledge is out there for anyone to grab if they want it and have the interest/discipline to learn it. I've spoken with many people online who come from diverse non-science backgrounds who have more knowledge than most doctors out there. When you learn to recognize wisdom in the way someone thinks, or approaches problems, that's when you'll know you've found someone worth listening to. You'll start spotting who's bullshit and who's not. As a broad generalization, beware of people who claim absolute knowledge of anything and speak in absolute terms.

Of course, there are the allstars here everyone has taken value from: CS, Rdkml, Prague, Littlefighter, abc123, action < reaction (he's got a couple of usernames)...I'm probably forgetting people but find these guys and read their stuff. I know CS has direct clinical experience, and I'm not sure on the educational backgrounds of the others, but it hardly matters. There are a great deal of other great minds out there who come to mind: Ray Peat, Chris Masterjohn, Dietrich Klinghardt...all doctors/phd's who you should be reading.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Who I should listed to in this forum? Empty Re: Who I should listed to in this forum?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:27 am

Nice perspective AS54 - I totally agree. Critical thinking skills is often absent in many "learned," ultra high degree fields. In my estimation of the medical field, there are only 5% who can rise to the top, because they can think independently of the herd thinking mentality.

Jdp710 (aka rdkml) and I agree that some of the best doctors out there are those who have lost their licenses. So a degree alone isn't really the proof necessary...The medical system/establishment frowns on those going outside the box to actually heal people. It's sad, but often true that heretics of medicine have to break the law in order to get real results, because the medical system is based on symptom treatments with side-effects (Rx drugs), rather than natural, non-patented methods to improve the body's physiology.

I have dealt with an estimated 15,000 patients, and in my experience, people simply get worse with orthodox (cut, burn and poison treatments). Sometimes I have people ask me if something is FDA or AMA "approved,"...I tell them that it is not an assurance of quality.

A lot of posters on this forum have a lot of value, there's a rich archive of information to be found here. I have learned a ton from other posters. Of course, some information on here is just opinion, subjective or perhaps interesting hypothesis or unproven theories, but nevertheless interesting.

What works for one person is not necessarily applicable to another. It's best to keep an open mind. Also, beware of sweeping generalizations or absolutes, just as AS54 already pointed out. This is a red flag to look out for.

I've seen some posters go from almost no knowledge to making strong suggestions very quickly. Medicine is one of the most humbling professions around, and ultimately trial and error is your best guide...listen to your body and see what works best for you.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:56 am

Listen to those who have either regrown their hair or still have their hair.

Prague, rdkml, CS, A>R, me, Gaunitz.

More importantly listen to nature...

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:47 am

Mastery! That was the one that slipped my mind on my list in my first comment, and please take no offense to that one! I've really enjoyed hearing about your journey and how critical it was, at least at one point I'm sure of, for you to get out of the city and move to seclusion/the beach. I think there is a lot of truth ringing in that. Also the value of sea water and salt!

There is definitely an elitist influence working in the very prestigious fields especially when you begin trying to pursue the higher degrees and get research fellowships. Getting those fellowships is often very political, and people who tend to get to the top of their respective fields learn early that science (since it is invaded by money and power battles) is far from a merit based system, rather people are very much rewarded for following the status quo, to the point that it becomes almost ingrained behavior to stop questioning things as they are, and accept what you're told. The people of prior generations and prior scientific paradigms don't like seeing their establishment, which is gathering dust, changing and are very threatened when sudden shifts occur. Its that kind of power hoarding that tends to keep academia elitist and prevent breakthroughs from happening when they should. People on the verge of breakthroughs in anything like cancer, travel, new energy, etc. all have to be very guarded and often times find themselves in dangerous situations. I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I actually wonder how many people have been "silenced" over the course of history who have had breakthroughs that would have changed our lives today.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Gaunitz is an interesting addition to that list...

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:51 pm

You are absolutely right AS54, I truly believe most if not all of our current problems, whether be Cancer, energy, etc... is already solvable. However we all know that once an issue is solved there is no longer any money to be made. That is why so many solutions are suppressed and every time you hear about a possible breakthrough in any field it suddenly just disappears from the news. There is too much corruption in our world and the underlying cause of it is money. That said the sad thing is these days just because someone is educated through a university it really does not mean that they are that knowledgeable, reading books that are required in an educational setting will only teach so much, we have really lost our ability to think critically and step outside the box which I believe is the entire point of the educational system these days as it prevents people from being able to think critically and question authority.

mp

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:12 pm

I found all the mentioned people, including AS54, worth reading for their ideas and views on how things work for/against you, when going for your health.

With that said, experimentation with those ideas is what will give the right feedback for which idea is really worth for you.

Finishing the year with strongest hair in years, i thank you all for making this forum as valuable as it is. cheers 

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 am

researchingeverything wrote:I wanted to know if you guys know which forum members here have a degree or phd in nutrition or some related sciences so I know to which members I should really follow...

Im not saying that I will ignore what those who have no degrees post here...in fact im learning a lot from the experience from many different people here..

Become your own expert; don't trust anyone.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down