Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New on the forum EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
New on the forum EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
New on the forum EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
New on the forum EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New on the forum EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New on the forum EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
New on the forum EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
New on the forum EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
New on the forum EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New on the forum

4 posters

Go down

New on the forum Empty New on the forum

Post  jadielle Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 am

Hi everybody Smile so, I'm a 26-year-old female and I'm shedding my hair a lot. Just wanted to introduce myself ! I have tried loads of both over the counter and prescription medications, nothing worked for me. Recently I was told to use minoxidil, but for some reason, I find the testimonials around that kind of scary.

I started to eat clean a few days ago, I have like 2 liters of green juice everyday, and I supplement with green powder, bee pollen, soy lecithin, spirulina ... basically things that are high in B complex vitamins. Plus I do coffee enemas, not sure it will work, but hey why not try !

Did any of you actually cure aag ?

Thanks Smile
jadielle
jadielle

Back to top Go down

New on the forum Empty Re: New on the forum

Post  AS54 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 am

Hey,

Glad you found the forum. Being that you aren't really in the menopausal point of life, I'd guess your thyroid might be playing a big role. Its like a broken record here at the forum, but in all honesty, the thyroid probably plays a bigger role in female hair-loss than it does men's. Have you ever had your thyroid hormone levels tested? Most doctors are satisfied testing TSH only, and besides being an inaccurate test, it also leaves out a big part of the picture. I'd see your doctor and get your TSH, reverse T3, free T3 and free T4 levels tested. Parathyroid hormone tests can also shed some light. If your doctor doesn't seem to want to cooperate, find a new one. In the meantime, there are several threads here on thyroid health that will benefit you. You'll find that iodine is a controversial subject so do your research and come to your conclusions, but I think if you start slow and take precautions for detox, such as vitamin C and salt loading and keep the iodine dose within reason, it will offer some benefits. But ultimately, if the thyroid is malfunctioning somewhere, I don't believe iodine is a heal-all. Get the tests done without question, the return on your investment is worth it.

Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum. As a side note, perhaps get your estradiol levels tested as well. It might shed some light on the hormonal picture.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

New on the forum Empty re

Post  jadielle Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 am

Thank you Anthony for your kind answer Smile I will be looking for the things you mentionned.
jadielle
jadielle

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 am

welcome jadielle!

Anthony is right about the thyroid.

I personally believe that AGA is over diagnosed in women and this is especially due to the underdiagnosis of thyroid disorders. It's very sad.

Copper is another big issue in female hair loss due to it being commonly found in birth control pills and devices (just google copper iud and hair loss), copper pipes are a source also as well as vegetarian diets without zinc supplementation.

Oh, also, get your vitamin D levels checked, so many women are low in it.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 pm

ferriton (iron) and b12 should be checked.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down