Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium

+5
scottyc33
RobHealthMan
danny1988
Swimmy
The Natural
9 posters

Go down

The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium Empty The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:40 pm

For general health (including the hair/scalp), I will soon be adding one, some, or all of the following: magnesium, calcium, potassium. Any recommendations on types (e.g. aspartate form) and brands (e.g. NOW) would be greatly appreciated.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium Empty Re: The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium

Post  Swimmy Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:24 pm

I would go with the Magnesium that CS has on his regimen. It contains all forms. So all bases covered

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium Empty Re: The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium

Post  danny1988 Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Is their any beneficial difference in taken magnesium in pill form or using it topically.

danny1988

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Anyone tried supplements from Dr. Weil. Thinking about this one: http://www.iherb.com/Weil-Nutritional-Supplements-Balanced-Cal-Mag-120-Tablets/7742?at=0

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:56 pm

which magnesium supplent would be best? i'm currently on life extension 500mg magnesium caps...

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:17 am

I use the NOW brand that has 3 kinds of magnesium.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:31 am

danny1988 wrote:Is their any beneficial difference in taken magnesium in pill form or using it topically.

magnesium chloride raises DHEA levels whereas in the pill it won't. The chloride in magnesium chloride is said to increase stomach acid as well. Magnesium chloride will also raise magnesium levels "much" faster than pill form and you don't have to worry about some mag pills raising your stomach alkalinity.

Also, topically it can be used for immediate results to increase healing, reduce pain, reduce inflammation, wrinkles, skin tags, dry skin, and also said to work on gray hair as well as many other benefits.

Not sure how magnesium chloride compares next to Nigari in this regard but Nigari, which is a very cheap substitute for magnesium chloride, contains hundreds of trace minerals and also potassium chloride.

With all this said I'd recommend magnesium chloride/nigari and take a raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar before during or after those meals that have salt and especially high in salt for the hair loss benefits.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:38 am

Jdp ,

regarding ACV w salty meals you are reffering to aldosterone and its possible increase by the salt content?
ACV is supposed to increase stomach acid .I lately take 2 TBS ACV before every meal,but I always combine it w 1/4 tsp or less baking soda .Is the addition of sodium bicarbonate altering the properties of ACV or perhaps buffering stomach acid?I know adding baking soda is essential when ACV is used long term but could it counteract somehow the benefits obtained?

All I can say is after ~ a week on it now ,my face feels awesome in the morning (I always wake up w a bloated face) ,and my rosacea seems so much better.And that is w the addition of baking soda.
I have to add here that going GFCF and avoiding Msg ,taking betaine HCL before meals along w Brewer's yeast couldn't reproduce the same results re rosacea.
I also believe that it really helps w hairloss .But I have to be consistent with it a bit more before making any claims.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 am

as a side note,I take my Mg aspartate pills w meals after gulping down ACV ,so I can I ensure a better absorption and counteract Magnesium's HCL buffering properties .
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  danny1988 Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks jdp. love you replies always thorough. Very Happy

danny1988

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 am

Hey edony,

Yeah, taking ACV during those meals that contain salt is to reduce hyperaldosteronism.

I've taken the ACV off and on for about 1 1/2 years. Previously, I've noticed the hair loss benefits but couldn't pin point the best way to use it until recently.

The water retention is actually common for most all hair loss sufferers and especially the advanced hair loss sufferers from what I can tell ----> hyperaldosteronism.

Regarding bicarbonates/baking soda in the ACV I doubt it would make a difference regarding it interfering with aldosterone. The reason why I say that is the ACV is just a very good source of potassium. I doubt the bicarbonates would interfere with the potassium.

If the baking soda gets tiring to take you can always buy one of those small bottles where you add some drops in the water/ACV to make it alkaline ... not sure how much to use but should be a good alternative.

Regarding rosacea, I believe the reason why my rosacea has improved so dramatically is due to oxalates ... gluten is an oxalate. The reason why I say that is some have said rosacea is caused by mercury toxicity. Going on a low oxalate diet is an extremely good chelator of mercury and lead as well as others. I have heard it mention and I believe CS has mentioned similiar that mercury and lead together is a huge problem. One person put it this way that when dealing with mercury and lead that 1 + 1 does not equal 2. But when dealing with mercury and lead toxicity it's more like 1 + 1 equals 100 in regards to toxicity. Mercury also messes with stomach acid as well.

The dark circles under my eyes have about 90% improved and I've heard it mention that dark circles may be caused by dissolved metals in the blood ... maybe that's the reason.

People that have problems with leaky gut/oxalates also have problems with Vitamin K as well.

danny1988,

Your welcome. Glad I could help
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

The Addtion of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium Empty Magnesium for Hair Loss

Post  The Natural Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:30 pm

"The idea that magnesium stops hair loss is one that has been around for a while and seems to be regaining some of its lost momentum in recent years. The theory goes that a deficiency in the minerals magnesium, zinc, or calcium impacts the hairs ability to gain the essential nutrients needed to stay healthy, thus causing hair loss. This same theory places the blame on eating too much sugar which causes the body to become insulin resistant leading to an imbalance in calcium and magnesium levels. Let's look at some facts and see whether or not this theory holds water.

Magnesium is a mineral essential in nutrition and is important for healthy muscles, heart, kidneys, hair, and is part of what makes up teeth and bones. Magnesium also plays an important role in activating certain enzymes, including those in the scalp, essential for a number of body functions. Adequate consumption of magnesium can reduce depression, stress and sleep disorders.

The above theory that magnesium and hair loss are linked places the blame firmly on consuming simple sugars leading to insulin resistance. What this actually means is that the balding process is linked to type II diabetes, which is caused by the inability of cells to accept and process insulin. There is good research to support this premise, not because of calcium magnesium imbalances but because diabetes changes the body in a number of ways which are extremely detrimental to hair.

The first is diabetes tends to reduce circulation to the scalp, the second is diabetes lowers immune system function making the scalp more vulnerable to bacterial and fungal infection, the third is many diabetes drugs inhibit the hair regrowth process, the fourth is that diabetes can set off hormonal imbalances that are terrible for hair regrowth, and finally this disease produces a great deal of emotional stress and anxiety that can accelerate balding and thinning. It is also worth noting that an estimated nine out ten people with type II diabetes are overweight.

So the idea that magnesium stops hair loss is based in the assumption that by elevating magnesium levels you will be able to push more of this mineral into the scalp to nourish the hair and possibly the hair enzymes. While some minimal improvement may be seen it is unlikely that if diabetic scalp circulatory problems exist magnesium supplementation will help to stop or reverse existing hair loss. It is also important to point out that excessive magnesium supplementation is not safe and can lead to serious health problems.

In order for hair regrowth to occur dead follicles must be reinvigorated, scalp circulation must be improved, any contributing balding factors must be eliminated or modified, and the hormone dihydrotestosterone must be blocked (in 8 out of 10 cases). The idea that magnesium stops hair loss is just not backed by any current research and thus must be considered fiction or at best unproven at this time.

What Next? Magnesium and hair loss should not be ignored and proper nutrition including magnesium rich foods such as tofu, nuts, pumpkin seeds, and whole grains are essential to good overall health and hair health. But your best chance to stop or reverse balding comes by opening up impaired follicles and blocking the hair loss hormone DHT. Minoxidil is an excellent choice for reinvigorating scalp follicles and has been shown to produce new hair growth about 40% of time. Currently there are a number of hair regrowth products including minoxidil. These hair regrowth products are specifically designed to address balding and thinning on a number of different levels. Not only do they contain FDA approved ingredients which have been shown to block dihydrotestosterone (DHT) but they also work to stimulate the scalp and bring dead follicles back to life. The important thing is to take action recognizing that it is easier to retain hair than it is to regrow it."

R.D. Hawkins is an enthusiastic advocate of alternative natural health products and supplements with over 10 years experience.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Topically, I use Swanson/Dr. Barbara Hendel's Magnesium Oil (Magnesium Chloride Brine). Internally I use Peter Gillham's Natural Calm (Magnesium Citrate). I also rub NOW Potassium Chloride into my scalp with shampoo occasionally.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:29 pm

jdp
please suggest a nigari product and how can i use them with acv.

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:02 am

redhead,

Here is a good link comparing regular magnesium supplement vs nigari and also shows where you can buy the Nigari

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/transdermal-magnesium-nigari-t797.htm?highlight=nigari

Regarding the nigari, buy the powdered version at the site, not the liquid and then buy a spray bottle at your local store. Fill the bottle with water and then add nigari where it's super saturated ... meaning no more nigari crystals will dissolve in the water. Some people heat up the water and then add the nigari to get even more nigari dissolved in the water.

There you have it. The price is a fraction the price of magnesium chloride with all the benefits at a fraction of the cost.

Regarding apple cider vinegar, make sure you buy an unfiltered brand like Braggs and not Heinz as you want what's called the mother in it. The mother is just the dark floating stuff in the liquid and is what's beneficial. The apple cider vinegar you'd add say 2 tablespoons to a glass of water. Drink this preferably before a meal if you can as it increases your stomach acid production to digest your food. If during or after no big deal. And as earlier discussed, you definitely want to drink ACV during those meals that contain salt and especially high amounts of salt. After you drink the apple cider vinegar you'll want to rinse your mouth out with water as the apple cider vinegar is very acidic and thus could wear down your teeth's enamel. You could alternatively drink through a straw instead.

If drinking lots of ACV you'll want to take something for bicarbonates as ACV will deplete your bicarbonates stores leading to thinner bones. A little baking soda will do. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate ... and no, baking soda should not raise blood pressure.

By the way, some people put apple cider vinegar on topically and helps a little regarding hair loss but most quit do to the smell. Some acne sufferers also use it topically on there face and is said to work decent.

hope this helps
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Decided to add magnesium (citrate) to my regimen. I read that it is combined with vitamin C for better absorption.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down