Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency?

3 posters

Go down

OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? Empty OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency?

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:46 am

Just wondering if this is the case? Do I need to supplement with calcium if I take 2-400 mg magnesium a day?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? Empty Re: OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:46 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Just wondering if this is the case? Do I need to supplement with calcium if I take 2-400 mg magnesium a day?

No. In fact, magnesium significantly improves the utility of calcium.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency? Empty Re: OT: would supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium a day cause calcium deficiency?

Post  sanderson Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:26 am

D, K2, A, calcium, and magnesium all have a relationship together. if you are missing one.. you could be doing more harm than good. preach.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:50 am

It's mostly like this: K2, (RXR) Vitamin A (RXR) , tocotrienols (PXR), magnesium, Vitamin D (antagonist via RXR)

retinoid X receptor (RXR) & pregnane X receptors PXR - All they involve similar metabolism.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:51 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:It's mostly like this: K2, (RXR) Vitamin A (RXR) , tocotrienols (PXR), magnesium, Vitamin D (antagonist via RXR)

retinoid X receptor (RXR) & pregnane X receptors PXR - All they involve similar metabolism.

do you ever find vitamin D to cause more harm than good when it comes to calcification? i swear when i took vitamin D today, all of a sudden my head started throbbing. it might be too much. i'm not sure of the ratios between all these things.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Vitamin D is one of those "vitamins" (really a steroid hormone) that can be detrimental in too little amounts or too great amounts. If you suspect any problem, would take a break from it and reevaluate it if there is a potential issue.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:56 am

sanderson wrote:D, K2, A, calcium, and magnesium all have a relationship together. if you are missing one.. you could be doing more harm than good. preach.

Uhg now I'm confused. Immortal is saying I don't need to supplement with extra calcium but Sanderson is saying this.

End of the day, I am supplementing with 2-400 mg magnesium daily. Do I need to supplement with calcium for this reason or no?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:51 am

Interesting.. yes I think its a problem but I want it to stay I range.

Sizzling im saying you should make sure you get enough of all of them in your diet. Like get the daily calcium requirements for calcium dont take a calcium supplement
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:20 am

I mean my diet is ok.. Im vegetarian, vegan for the most part. I have a daily green smoothie, usually eat nuts for snack or whole nut bars etc. Eat organic ingredient veggie burgers, quinoa , etc etc for the bulk of my meals. I have been completely staying away from all crap as of recent. 0 fastfood. Trying to focus on keeping things healthy.

Im wondering if I should supplement w/ additional calcium.... Maybe take a whole food multi (although the thought of taking another supplement drives me crazy lol)..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:20 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:I mean my diet is ok.. Im vegetarian, vegan for the most part. I have a daily green smoothie, usually eat nuts for snack or whole nut bars etc. Eat organic ingredient veggie burgers, quinoa , etc etc for the bulk of my meals. I have been completely staying away from all crap as of recent. 0 fastfood. Trying to focus on keeping things healthy.

Im wondering if I should supplement w/ additional calcium.... Maybe take a whole food multi (although the thought of taking another supplement drives me crazy lol)..

If you are going to supplement, take egg shell calcium it is the best form. Use cronometer to track.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down