Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered?

+19
Nanas
LA-Night
isis
abc123
blackjack
empty
Directo
brandnew
tooyoung
RobHealthMan
teacup
Warren
fredounet
kijumn
CausticSymmetry
HairSeeker
Prague
Paradox
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 Empty Re: Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered?

Post  tooyoung Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:12 am

jdp - how did you cure your adrenal fatigue? Whether it technically was or wasn't.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? - Page 2 Empty Re: Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered?

Post  Directo Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 am

Directo wrote:Some doctors say that there is no such thing as adrenal fatigue. Are there any serious studies on this subject showing it does happen?
So there is nothing?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:29 am

Jdp - how did you cure your adrenal fatigue?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 am

Diet.

There are MANY reasons why this could be but could very well be due to food sensitivities disappearing which means potassium is now able to be retained. Potassium detoxes thallium. Thallium reduces B2. B2 being critical for adrenal fatigue.

Should mention that thallium is polluted in most mercury.

B1 also is important for adrenal fatigue. Lead reduces B1.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 am

a good supplement is Micronized Lipid Matrix pregenenlone .....
iherb.com

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 am

Was it a specific diet, or just a generally healthy one?

I was thinking of following this routine:
http://livingnetwork.co.za/hormones/adrenal-fatigue/adrenal-restoration-programme/

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:46 am

Would a "primitive" diet, plus supplements in the adrenal restoration program I posted above be enough to solve my adrenal problem?

Just wondering, hair loss is a sign of adrenal problems, if I correct my adrenals fully and that was the reason why I was losing hair, would my hair loss stop and regrow?

Are hair mineral tests good for analysing adrenals, or should I just stick to saliva tests?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:25 am

Not much of a fan on tests.

DIY tests or checking symptoms, etc. is more what I focus on.

Here is one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJz4U3C-mIw

There was a better one but can't find it on youtube anymore

Regarding your other questions, only through experimentation will you know.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:01 am

Thanks a lot for the reply jdp.

I have pretty much all the symptoms for adrenal fatigue, I'll do that flashlight test next.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 am

Best way to regulate adrenal function is intense physical bursts for short periods, and then plenty of rest. From HIIT, you also lose a lot of fat and very little muscle. A way to cheat the system is investing in a whole body vibration platform and use it for 10 minutes, three times a week.

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 am

I'm trying to get a flashlight at the moment. I just wondered and went into my bathroom at night, put the light on, which was behind me and looking in the mirror, like that youtube video jdp linked me, my eyes were doing that, but much faster contractions. I don't know if this is a fair test, as I didn't actually do what I was meant to, but is it valid enough to prove to myself I had adrenal fatigue?

Would a better diet, minerals such as magnesium, bioton etc.. plus ashwaghanda/rhodiola and some glandulars be enough to sort the problem?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:45 am

testing is a must in some situations..

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:59 am

Well, i've got almost all the symptoms and responded to the flashlight test.
I would assume in my case I don't really need a test?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:17 am

Have you guys had any experiences with addisons disease?

I read it can be caused by long term steroid asthma inhaler use and symptoms not usually noticed until after something like the flu. Both points relevant to me.

If I do have it, although I'm probably just worrying myself, is it reversable and able to reverse with diet and some supps?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 pm

This is interesting

This is the one health problem I have had which might have something to do with my hair loss. I'm pretty anxious in general and I have all the symptoms of adrenal fatigue after I work out really hard (training legs, doesnt happen when I train anything else I'm assuming because of the massive shock to the system of training legs). Craving sugar/food, tired in the morning but energetic at night, loss of libido and strength. This normally lasts for 1-2 days then I'm back to normal.

I have recently been trying:

Vitamin-C
Magensium-citrate

Ashwaghanda
Rosea
Phosphatidly Serine

I have been feeling extremely calm so hopefully I can get some results on this regime.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:00 pm

bump here...

any new folks solving adrenal fatigue?

thanks!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:30 am

I have had a massive reduction on excessive sweating by taking iodine, which I read somewhere is caused by adrenal problems.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:18 am

i had tremendous adrenal fatique as a result of using fin!

i came back, but it took a long time.

What healed was the rawfood diet.

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:50 am

Finasteride also gave me adrenal fatigue, a residual side effect I'm still addressing over a year after quitting the drug.

When I was on finasteride, I had elevated body temperature, sweating & racing heart, even in low-stress environments like a movie theater. I'd sit there on fire, sweating, trying to catch my breath. I don't know what I was thinking taking finasteride for so long. I must've been insane.

Sleep is THE decisive factor for me. If I sleep well, I'll have a calm day. If not, I struggle to maintain. Since dropping finasteride, my need for deep, restful sleep increased. Adrenal fatigue is no way to live.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanas Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:02 am

i used to take panax ginseng, gave me tons of energy and very quick recovery.

Nanas

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 am

I still have residual adrenal issues from taking Finasteride. I had never experienced a panic attack until I was on Finasteride. All I remember from those days is extreme fatigue, restlessness, anxiety, deep depression sexual dysfunction and suicidal thoughts. I guess I just listened to the bad health authorities back then and went from taking that one drug to taking 6 a day(1 for anxiety, depression, heartburn, etc). Somehow after all that, I ended up with Neuropathy. The pharmaceutical industry was making a killing off me and my doctor assumed nothing of it. Its pretty disgusting in retrospect, but all too common in conventional medicine. Many of today's doctors just sit back and trust pharmaceutical companies to tell them what's good for us all the while their patients get worse.

Recommendations for adrenal problems:

Adrenal Glandulars-Drenamin being the best
Ashwaghanda- Sensoril
Holy Basil
Maca

Last edited by DM5 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 am

DM5 --

Thanks for sharing.

Finasteride is risky. There are too many horror stories to simply ignore under the guise of "logic" or "faith in medicine."

How long were you on finasteride, how long have you been off, and how's your adrenal fatigue doing now?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:38 am

LA-Night-

Took the drug for 4 years and have been off it for about 3.5. With supplementation I have been alot better but it is not completly gone as I beleive the damage while on the drugs was pretty catastrophic. On a more positive note, the alternative healer I went to recently is intending a full recovery soon and I am betting it will be history within a year as well. His numeric address was 1111 and he performed his services 3 hours free of charge, btw(lol). Not something I would of put much faith in prior to all this, but, he used a pendulum which had alot of accuracy in its answers. The pendulum recommended Detoxamin for chelation among adrenal supplementation in the short term. I actually just ordered a pendulum from Nanas thread and am eager to give it a go on my own. In regards to Detoxamin, the stuff is great stuff and I just took a week off to rebuild and let my system restore but will resume tonight. Above-all that has helped was changing diet, no soda, severely limiting processed foods, dropping all toxic drugs and taking supplements targeted to the issues at hand. I wanted to add that Maca has also helped immensely in this area.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 pm

DM5- You mention anxiety and depression from finasteride; did you have them at all prior? Didn't your worsening hair condition create anxiety and depression? How would you characterize or reconcile the difference? It seems to me like a catch-22, and I'm just guessing that hair loss to you isn't as catastrophic as some others so that the drug induced anxiety/depression outweighed the hair loss induced kind, and so you decided to stop?

If you were poly-medicated, which included psychotropics....didn't they help numb you to the hair loss reality, and didn't you take the situation much worse once you weren't medicated/sedated?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:52 am

Paradox wrote:DM5- You mention anxiety and depression from finasteride; did you have them at all prior? Didn't your worsening hair condition create anxiety and depression? How would you characterize or reconcile the difference? It seems to me like a catch-22, and I'm just guessing that hair loss to you isn't as catastrophic as some others so that the drug induced anxiety/depressio outweighed the hair loss induced kind, and so you decided to stop?

If you were poly-medicated, which included psychotropics....didn't they help numb you to the hair loss reality, and didn't you take the situation much worse once you weren't medicated/sedated?

It is well documented that Finasteride depletes neurosteroids and can affectx gaba levels in the brain. CS has the article somewhere. You can also find it on PropeciaHelp.com. Actually before propecia, I hadn't experienced that level of constant anxiety/depression. I had been fighting hairloss with rogaine for 4 years prior and was not getting any worse really. But, it was like a light switch when I got on the drug. So why didn't I drop it? I wasn't really in tune with my body back then and just figured it was a transition period or something as it really kicked in about 2 weeks on the drug and I was starting a new job. With each new toxic medication, my body was weakened further until 4 years down the road I had neuropathy.

While the medication might of numbed me, my first bout of serious numbness, was in the nerves. As I got off the medication I started using herbs like Saw Palmetto, then Pygeum and Nettle Root that held my hairloss from getting worse. With each drug I dropped, new releif came but in addition adrenal fatigue had setin which was a new problem I had to deal with. My take is that all the toxic drugs weakened my adrenals to the point that I wasn't able to properly detoxify and fight common infection and I somehow nerves were damaged. In fact an alternative health doctor I went to see had posited this theory a couple years back.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next