Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
adrenal fatigue EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
adrenal fatigue EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
adrenal fatigue EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
adrenal fatigue EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
adrenal fatigue EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
adrenal fatigue EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
adrenal fatigue EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
adrenal fatigue EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
adrenal fatigue EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

adrenal fatigue

+3
CausticSymmetry
lund
tao81
7 posters

Go down

adrenal fatigue Empty adrenal fatigue

Post  tao81 Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:17 am

Which blood and/or salvia test should be done to test if one is suffering from this condition??
Talked to my doc and he has no clue about it an which parameters should be tested????
Does anyone know what an how should be tested??

tao81

Back to top Go down

adrenal fatigue Empty Re: adrenal fatigue

Post  lund Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:14 am

4x cortisol saliva test. Better to do the ASI (adrenal stress index) test that has a few other items in there as well (Cortisol, DHEA, Progesterone, SIgA). And you can go from there. I did it thru my doc and it costed $160 - you can do a little bit better if you look around, but not by much.

I am sure this has been discussed before - so read up on previuos posts on this topic.

I am currently researching this as my results came back depressed -

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:20 am

tao81 - Take your blood pressure while sitting down. Then, stand up and immediately take your blood pressure again. Your systolic (first) number should have raised 8 to 10 mm. If it dropped, you probably have adrenal fatigue.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 am

CS - I thought this test (laying down and then standing up) would only show up if you are low on Aldosterone (generally when the adrenals are insufficient and in later stages of the adrenal disease). If the person is in initial states of Adrenal Fatigue, the body is producing more cortisol and Aldosterone - and the BP tends to be on the normal/high side.

Please correct me If I am wrong here. I think the suggested test would come up +ve only in later stages of AF - in earlier stages it should be negative?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:01 am

lund an immortal thx! Your help is very apreciated!
I will go for this and speak with the doc. Already have a consultation for We- let´s see...

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:02 am

ah I forgot: If you have some good links for adrenal fatigue or information, it would be nice if you share it.

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:05 am

CS or anyone else who can answer this question:

www.drrind.com suggests taking DHEA (25 mg a day) and pregnenolone to recover from adrenal fatigue. For someone like myself who is diffusely balding at a young age and has high free testosterone and low total testosterone, would taking these hormonal supplements push my free testosterone even higher? Or will it help to balance everything out by raising total testosterone?

I'm wondering if I should just take all the other supplements he lists and skip the hormonal ones.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 am

tao81 wrote:ah I forgot: If you have some good links for adrenal fatigue or information, it would be nice if you share it.

Tao81- dr rind's site which i linked to in my above post has the most expansive information on adrenal fatigue, how to test for it, and how to recover from it. From the main page just go to the "Treatments" tab and click on "Metabolic Energy".

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 am

www.drlam.com

and navigate to Adrenal Fatigue - pretty good info.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:09 am

I was treated by Dr.Lam for 5 months on end for adrenal fatigue--he was convinced I had it, had me buy a truckload of supplements (his) and I'm not doing better at all--in fact I got worse while I was on the supps.

I had a 4 points cortisol and DHEA saliva test which showed normal cortisol with the exception of a slight drop in the lat PM (providing further evidence as to why I usually get reactive hypo in late PM), but my DHEA was quite a bit off the chart.

I started back on pantethine, magnesium and B complex, but it's not doing much to be honest.

I found out that eating apples does improve my libido--might very well have to do with it having quercitin.

I'm also very likely zinc deficient since my ALP is at the lowest normal end of range.

My last uric acid is also high, pointing to insulin resistance.

My libido is still most of the time quite low.

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:12 am

I usually crave carbs like there's no tomorrow--Magnesium helps in curbing carb craving btw.

What I'm not sure I like about Dr. Lam, though he's very kind is that he keeps advising people to get treated by a doc who really knows AF, and as it happens he's one of those--the reason I bring this up is he didn't help me at all and he kept asking more money. There's no way I'm doing business with him again however nice he may be.

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:29 am

chipdouglas - Have you tried a good probiotic to kick your carb carvings?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Let PM you are supposed to be near zero (1-4) on the cortisol level anyways. What symptoms did you have to begin with?

There are a truck of symptoms for being in AF - which were you experiencing?

Just about anything recommended by Dr. Lam is widely prescribed by anyone fmailiar with AF to be the course for recovery - in fact if anything he is more conservative, recommends against the glandular (Isocort) / cortef (hc). He wants to rebuild using basic supplements. His methods are for slow recovery but to heal the adrenals internally vs shotgun approach of stimulants.

If you are waking up with low blood sugar (assuming you have tested the levels), it would seem AF linked. You can try some stuff at night to slow down your metabolism or increase cortisol mildly. Eat some protein with Fiber as you goto bed (something that will last you sometime - bedtime snack, hopefully something dense). Perhaps a little Licorice (tiny amount in the evening) - be careful you do not want to stimulate too much.

chipdouglas wrote:I was treated by Dr.Lam for 5 months on end for adrenal fatigue--he was convinced I had it, had me buy a truckload of supplements (his) and I'm not doing better at all--in fact I got worse while I was on the supps.

I had a 4 points cortisol and DHEA saliva test which showed normal cortisol with the exception of a slight drop in the lat PM (providing further evidence as to why I usually get reactive hypo in late PM), but my DHEA was quite a bit off the chart.

I started back on pantethine, magnesium and B complex, but it's not doing much to be honest.

I found out that eating apples does improve my libido--might very well have to do with it having quercitin.

I'm also very likely zinc deficient since my ALP is at the lowest normal end of range.

My last uric acid is also high, pointing to insulin resistance.

My libido is still most of the time quite low.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Lund :

My major symptom has to do with zero sex drive, or the desire to have sex with either with my better half or any other women out there (I'm not gay btw...I say this seriously)

I do not wake up with low BG. I've however experienced reactive hypoglycemia in late PM for years, though there have been lull at times, like recently, I haven't really experienced anything like that.

Sometimes my libido does spike, but it's usually very short lived.

I'm thinking I might be low in zinc because my ALP has been very low--that is, lowest normal range is 54 and I'm consistently 52.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief, I've seen so many MDs, psychologists, even a psychiatrist, Braverman in NYC, Dr. Lam, I really don't know who t turn to anymore.

I do not even know whether I have AF or not. One thing I know I'm ''desperate'' to recover my life.

I couldn't even begin to tell you how ''tired'' I am of all this. It's been 11 years now, man that's a heck of a long time and my relationship is beginning to suffer.

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm not an expert by any means but everytime I hear people talk about individual elements like Zinc, Copper I'm thinking this : why not just take a good multivitamin daily and forget about these. Vitamin Code for Men is a very good product, if I am not wrong it's available at iherb. Iodine has to be considered separately, Europharma recently came out with 12.5mg Iodine per tablet, this is a miracle for folks not wanting a liquid supplement, Iosol is not that bad, I just take 8 drops daily with half a glass of juice.

Sex drive :

Maca, Tongkat ali, Tribulus, Horny goat weed, damiana, passionflower.

Exercise goes a long way for sex drive, seriously man get moving, your tiredness maybe just a result of lack of it. Start weight training, this can go a long way in improving your sex drive, testosterone levels, confidence levels.

Watch your diet : meat, chicken, eggs, brown rice, potatoes daily : don't be scared of eating.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:24 pm

Glacier,

FWIW I take a good multi and still find that I need added magnesium/vit c/zinc, etc. over and way above even the high amounts in the multi relative to the RDA. Zinc is an important one for libido IMO. I wish it were as easy as taking a multi, I would eliminate most of my pills.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Chip, What is going on with your endocrine system? What are your hormone levels? If you can afford it I would consider changing Dr.s (preferably a ND) and or getting a complete lab workup and taking care of one thing at a time. If you have a problem with digestion/absorption then you could be wasting supplements. That is just an example. I am kind of in the same boat. Some different out of norm-range numbers for me, but the most pressing is my newly discovered sensitivity to gluten, so I'm healing my GI tract before I move on to say taking supplements to increase my test and lower est for instance.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:23 am

I am just about ready to embark on the AF / Thyroid recovery - so I cannot tell you anything from experience, but I have read and read and read just about everywhere of value. If your Adrenals are not working correctly you will have all sorts of issues.

It is a delicate balance to achieve with glandulars, hyrdrocortisone, minerals, supplements, herbs. And even then it is expected to take 6-18 months for full recovery, but you should begin to feel better gradually within 2-3 months , given you are on the right track.

Id Dr. Lam did not work for you may be you want to try someone else. BUT - if your adrenals are not working good, your answer will come from recovering it. As far as your libido is concerned, again Adrenals play a nucleus role there as well - all master sex hormones are controlled by Adrenals.

If you have been to so many docs - where are your labs, post them here and we will see what you got?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 am

Glacier :

You're right so far as exercising, however I have a $5k gym downstairs and have been doing both weight lifting and cardio (both steady state and interval) and I too would expect this to help with sex drive, but for some reason it doesn't.

At this point, I'd be interested in finding out which system(s) are defective so to say. I do not think this is just one element that's out of balance. It think it's an interplay of various factors.

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down