Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered?

+19
Nanas
LA-Night
isis
abc123
blackjack
empty
Directo
brandnew
tooyoung
RobHealthMan
teacup
Warren
fredounet
kijumn
CausticSymmetry
HairSeeker
Prague
Paradox
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? Empty Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered?

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Has anyone with conclusive lab work showing they had adrenal fatigue ever recovered that we know of? Anyone here or anyone that someone may know personally? I am just curious because I see so many people talking about having it or suspecting it, but I have not seen anything about someone actually bringing their levels back up and 'recovering' from it.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? Empty Re: Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered?

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:06 pm

CS or anyone else,

On this subject, I see all kinds of different herbal products and glandulars of different kinds, as well as cortisol replacement used by people. I don't seem to see any consensus on what to use. There are too many options it seems... Ashwagandha or other herbal formulas, adrenal Cortex, whole adrenal glandular, corticef, iodine, pituitary...etc. How can I make sense of all this to come up with a protocol and stick with it? Also, how long should I wait to follow up with another cortisol spit test to see if I have improved?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered? Empty Re: Adrenal Fatigue...Has anyone recovered?

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:43 pm

correction... should be cortef not corticef.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:03 pm

i think i did - i followed the ori hofmekler antiestrogenic protocol

couple of days of juices (apple, cabbage) detox, then adding antiestrogenic foods, spices, herbs and high fat diet and no ejaculation for a week - definitely more energy, concentration, drive, motivation, muscle definition, sleep

it looks simple but it works

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:39 am

I feel that I am on my way to recovery. My morning energy levels are much higher now, my recovery after workouts is quicker and my mood has improved. I am on the top six, eight daily iodine drops in my water, plus two supplements developed to help your thyroid and adrenals and a healthy (no processed food, sugar, white rice/bread) diet.

Regemin:

One morning protein shake prior to eating breakfast comprised of NSI Whey Complex protein powder, one tablespoon each of lecithin, brewers yeast and almond butter. I don’t recommend using pasteurized milk because it has very little nutritional value, but you can use it if that’s all you have and your not lactose intolerant. I use either almond or coconut milk. You can find both at most health food stores, or order them online.

I open the supplement capsules and empty the contents into my protein drink. You have to get used to the taste. This makes it easier to take your supps.

Supplements
Adaptogen (1am and 1pm)- http://www.wtsmed.com/Products/Adaptogen.htm
ThyroCare (1am and 1pm)- http://www.wtsmed.com/Products/ThyroCare.htm
TocoSorb (1am and 1pm)
Krill Oil (1am and 1pm)
2000mg vit-c morning and evening
Penthathine 1 daily
Swansons SMA 2 morning and 1 in the evening

You must maintain a regular sleep cycle and try to go to bed by 10PM. It’s very important to rest your adrenals at night. Staying up late will slow your recovery.

You must also control how you respond to daily stress. It cannot be avoided, but you can learn to control your reaction and thoughts. Try to develop a more care-free attitude.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:34 am

Adrenal fatigue can be caused from a number of issues, so there is no one universal protocol. For example, if one's vitamin D levels are low, that will cause adrenal fatigue-like symptoms even if the adrenal glands are in otherwise good shape.

Personally, I've experienced a much higher level of energy since taking 6,000 IU of D3 per day.

Other instances that can cause AF is having a heavy metal burden. The more heavy metals, the easier it is for energy depleting yeasts to deprive one of energy.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:36 am

Thanks guys that's good to hear. I believe I'm getting better but I haven't retested to verify it. I have eliminated gluten, caffeine, alcohol, glutamate, and refined sugar. I also take different calming supplements like theanine, lithium orotate, ashwagandha, Tru Calm, magnesium, vit C- 3 grams at a time, b6, zinc, etc. I am still on finasteride so I take DIM to minimize the estradiol. Also eat buckwheat every morning with 2 tblspns lecithin.

I'm usually up until 1am, but I sleep at least 8 hours usually, sometimes up to 12. I pretty much just listen to my body as far as when I feel tired. Eating small frequent meals helps too, but I'm not that consistent with it, and tend to eat a lot at night.

I think lots of time, little stress, and lots of rest are the biggest factors to recovery from what I've read/observed.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:34 am

jharsh80 wrote:Has anyone with conclusive lab work showing they had adrenal fatigue ever recovered that we know of?

Yes, but no tests to prove.

Previously, everything seemed to help but not cured.

Now, I could go on national TV and not be nervous in the least.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:31 am

hahaha nice jdp congrats.

would you say its bc of ur diet completely or do the supps help too? which supps do you think work the best for adrenal fatigue?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:37 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Adrenal fatigue can be caused from a number of issues, so there is no one universal protocol. For example, if one's vitamin D levels are low, that will cause adrenal fatigue-like symptoms even if the adrenal glands are in otherwise good shape.

Personally, I've experienced a much higher level of energy since taking 6,000 IU of D3 per day.

Other instances that can cause AF is having a heavy metal burden. The more heavy metals, the easier it is for energy depleting yeasts to deprive one of energy.

CS,

Do you have reason to believe that vitamin-d can be stimulating? What about d2 vs d3?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:01 am

jharsh80 - Low vitamin D causes adrenal fatigue like symptoms. New studies are coming out that now show this relationship.

D3 is the choice supplement, because D2 is not as reliable.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks CS.

If you want to look into it just google adrenal fatigue, there's tons of info out there. You can start with vitamin C if you want. From another thread:

Interesting too how vitamin C can also lower aromotase. Vitamin C is THE best thing for adrenal fatigue in my opinion. I have lab confirmed adrenal fatigue as well as E dominance, and I take 2-3 grams of C with bioflavonoids, 3-4 times a day along with 200mg magnesium citrate, and it has a calming effect similar to a rx drug. It's amazing how overlooked vitamin C is:

6. Increase vitamin C intake if necessary. It’s perhaps the most important nutrient in facilitating adrenal function and repair. Dr. Wilson writes that “The more cortisol made, the more vitamin C is used. Vitamin C is so essential to the adrenal hormone cascade and the manufacture of adrenal steroid hormones that before the measurement of adrenal steroid hormones became available, the blood level of vitamin C was used as the best indicator of adrenal function level in animal research studies.”

Vitamin C Dosing
I recommend all patients take a minimum of 1,800 mgs a day of vitamin C. Much larger amounts of vitamin C may be needed for adrenal restoration, but it’s best to begin with 1,800-2,000mg daily and increase by an additional 1,000–2,000mg a day, up to 10,000 mgs or until a person has a loose bowel movement. If a loose bowel movement occurs, I recommend they reduce their dose by 1,000 mgs. They should keep reducing the dose by 500–1,000 mgs daily until they no longer have loose stools. This is the ideal dose of vitamin C.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:41 am

Adrenal Fatigue and Vitamin C
Michael Lam, MD, MPH

www.DrLam.com

Adrenal fatigue sufferers invariably have inadequate supply of many key nutrients, including vitamin C, pantothenic acid, and pantethine. Out of these, sub-clinical vitamin C deficiency is the most prevalent. While no outward symptom of scurvy is seen as in clinical vitamin C deficiency, the body's need and appetite for vitamin C go up tremendously when the adrenals are weak. The highest concentration of vitamin C in the body is in the adrenals, where it is needed the most. Vitamin C helps the body repair and maintains connective tissue. It is a key catalyst of adrenal hormone production, including cortisol. Its antioxidant effects are important in the presence of tissue-destroying oxidants in periodontal disease as well as infections from a variety of sources. Those suffering from adrenal fatigue invariably needs large amount of Vitamin C for optimal recovery. In additon to its critical adrenal support function, vitamin C is perhaps the best electron donor because of its water-soluble properties and thus readily bio-available to the cells. Toxins deplete electron stores at the cell. Having sufficient electrons inside the cell reverse potential cell death brought on by bacterial , environmental, and industrial toxins.

In addition to its adrenal support function, vitamin C helps in the formation of critical collagens responsible for keeping the vascular system and musculo-skeletal system pliable and healthy. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Most proteins such as enzymes and co-factors occur in a small amount but there are a few exceptions, notably hemoglobin (in red blood cells) and collagen that exist in abundance throughout the body. In the blood vessels, collagen, together with elastic fibers, from an integral part of the sub-endothelial connective tissue just below the endothelium (a single layer of very thin squamous epithelial cell that lines all blood vessels), as well as the external elastic lamina. Collagen also contributes to the supporting framework upon which skeletal muscle operates. Proper collagen synthesis is required for optimum health. Having adequate vitamin C stablizes blood pressure and reduces the catabolic state typically experienced by adrenal fatigue sufferers.

Collagen is a complex molecule, the production of which occurs in several stages. The amino acids glycine and proline are the two key components. When they are exposed to Vitamin C, they form a compound called pro-collagen. The exact mechanism is not known, but studies have shown that prolonged exposure of human connective tissue culture to Vitamin C results in an eight-fold increase in the synthesis of collagen and not other proteins. The pro-collagen, a precursor to collagen is then converted into collagen in a reaction that substitutes a hydroxyl group, OH, for a hydrogen atom, H, in the proline and lysine point of the polypeptide pro-collagen chain. When Vitamin C is added, this hydroxylation process is catalyzed by 2 different enzymes called prolyl-4-hydroxylase and lysyl-hydroxylase. As such, Vitamin C functions as a catalyst. Because the body does not make vitamin C, it has to be supplied externally.

Collagen is omnipresent in our body. It forms the foundational matrix of our skin, bones, teeth, blood vessels, eyes, heart, and essentially the whole body. Collagen is stronger than a steel wire of the same weight. When it is combined with elastin and macropolysaccharides, a connective tissue network forms. It is this network that holds our body together. Collagen is so important in our bodies that without it, our body will not function. Of all the non-mineral constituents of the mammalian body, collagen forms a large proportion next to water and fats. In adrenal fatigue, the body breaks down collagen and muscle for fuel. This catabolic state lead to weakening of the skeletal system, with symptoms such as fibromyalgia, chronic muscular pain of unknown origin, joint pain, loss of muscle tone, and reduced muscle strength. This collagen must be replaced for the body to heal. The main building blocks of collagen are glycine, proline, lysine and Vitamin C, out of which only proline can be manufactured by the body from glutamine. The importance of Vitamin C's role in supporting collagen synthesis cannot be over-emphasized.

In time of stress and adrenal fatigue, the body's requirement for vitamin C can easy go up 10 to 20 fold or more. Having a sufficient level of vitamin C in the body is therefore critical to help the adrenals make anti-inflammatory hormones including cortisol, prevent catabolic state from worsening, boost immune function to fight infection, prevent heart disease, overcome opportunistic infections, and neutralize systemic toxins from environmental and periodontal diseases. Proper vitamin C fortification should therefore be a cornerstone of any adrenal recovery program and any pre-surgery setting where immune optimization is desired. Because there is no blood thinning effect, prophylactic vitamin C can be used safely prior to surgery.

Vitamin C comes in many forms. Each form of vitamin C has its own properties and characteristics. Ascorbic acid tends to be more acidic and "spiky", while buffered vitamin C tends to be a bit more gentle. Some people do well with ascorbic acid; while others develop gastric irritation or find it make them anxious. Most people also develop a harmless diarrhea at high doses. Most vitamin C commercially available are derived from corn sources, while some are from food sources. Food source vitamin C may raise blood sugar level, while those who have corn allergy may find corn source vitamin C intolerable. Vitamin C itself has adaptogenic properties. Manifestation of these characteristics is highly dependent on the degree of adrenal fatigue and the body's constitutional make-up. Side effects are rare even at high doses. Annoyance can include constipation, anxiety, irritability, fatigue, and insomnia which are normally, but not always, dose dependent.

Vitamin C is available in various oral delivery systems as well, from capsules, tablets, liquid, intravenous, powder, to effervescent forms. Absorption from the GI tract to the hepatic circulation varies from 5-18%. A bowl tolerance level is usually reached from 5,000- 10,000 mg, where harmless diarrhea occurs. The diarrhea usually goes away within 24 hours if the dosage is reduced.

Because over 80% of ordinary oral vitamin C passes through the gastrointestinal track unabsorbed, ultimate bio-availability to the cell is severely limited. This has been a great challenge. The electron donation and thus toxin-reversal and anti-bacterial effect of vitamin C can only be relied upon when administered in very high doses.

Up until recently, intravenous administration remains the best option to deliver high dose vitamin C to the cells in case of that suffering adrenal fatigue or those who needs it. Common dosage ranges from 30 to 50 grams IV vitamin C slow infusion. This is a time consuming process and is expansive.

In recent years, the advance of nanotechnology and liposomal encapsulation technology offers a significantly enhanced oral liquid delivery system with superior absorption from the small intestine rather than from the stomach. This cutting edge liposomal delivery system dramatically improves bio-availability and is by far the best oral form of vitamin C delivery system available. Liposomal delivery system is ideally suited for adrenal fatigue because high dose can be administered easily by mouth and is relatively inexpensive. Because absorption occurs at the small intestine and the stomach is bypassed, gastric irritation is minimal if any. Diarrhea is also significantly reduced because most is absorbed and does not remain in the GI tract where it triggers water retention at the large bowl and thus diarrhea..

While the bio-availability of vitamin C delivered by liposome is far superior to other forms of vitamin C, ascorbic acid in its various forms still has its place and should not be ignored. The absorption tends to be faster and results more immediate for these other forms. Because each body reacts differently to vitamin C, there is no "one size fit all" protocol. A thorough knowledge of these forms, including the pros and cons and the characteristics of mineral ascorbates and fat-soluable ascorbates, is important. Various forms of ascorbates, including regular and liposomal vitamin C should be use together in a nutritional blend or cocktail mix for maximum and sustained effect.

Dosage:

Commercially available oral liposomal vitamin C, such as LipoNanoTM C, is the preferred delivery system. The dosage varies greatly from person to person, but most do well with 3,000 to 6,000 mg a day for adrenal fatigue.

Mineral ascorbates (preferably magesium ascorbate) dosage range from 500 mg to 10,000 per day.

Fat-soluable vitamin dosage range from 100-2000 mg per day.

Effervescent and chewable forms shoiuld be avoided.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:53 am

Thx paradox, you are saving my life.

I read Dr Lam, and I bought a good quality vit C, and after a few hours, most of my symptoms are gone.
I tried vit c before, but I needed a good one in high proportion.

I'll give a try to liquid form.

I notice a global warming of my body, I don't know if it is a reaction of my body to vit C or the adrenal that is coming back, or just I had a "cold" symtom for year that I was used to. No flue symptom however.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:09 am

fredounet:

After a few hours? Do you mean days or weeks or months perhaps?

What Vitamin C product did you buy and use?

fredounet wrote:Thx paradox, you are saving my life.

I read Dr Lam, and I bought a good quality vit C, and after a few hours, most of my symptoms are gone.
I tried vit c before, but I needed a good one in high proportion.

I'll give a try to liquid form.

I notice a global warming of my body, I don't know if it is a reaction of my body to vit C or the adrenal that is coming back, or just I had a "cold" symtom for year that I was used to. No flue symptom however.

Warren

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:32 am

No hours, My DS is gone 12 hours later, a much improvment on my hair the next day et very much less grease, which I noticed also taking boulardii and l-gluthamin.

It is ascorbate vit c with bio flavonoid complex.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 am

fredounet wrote:No hours, My DS is gone 12 hours later, a much improvment on my hair the next day et very much less grease, which I noticed also taking boulardii and l-gluthamin.

It is ascorbate vit c with bio flavonoid complex.

fredounet,
What brand was this vit c ?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:05 am

im using thorne reseacrch 1000 mg absorbic acid

is this a bad form of Vit c to use?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:52 am

I haven't had any blood tests to confirm adrenal fatigue, I have a lot of symptoms of it so I have suspected. Would there be any risk in taking an adrenal support, when the adrenals are functioning properly?

One I've looked at is:

http://www.iherb.com/Allergy-Research-Group-Nutricology-Adrenal-Natural-Glandular-75-Veggie-Caps/3412?at=0

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:13 am

Just started using that product, and would like to ask if that is something that raises cortisol? I'm stage 1 of adrenal fatigue (norm a.m. cortisol, high p.m cortisol) so looking to lower it, not boost it.

My results also showed my DHEA to be 3 times the max value - source of concern?

Just started taking holy basil as well to reduce it.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:23 am

brandnew, how did you test your cortisol? Are you from US?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Some doctors say that there is no such thing as adrenal fatigue. Are there any serious studies on this subject showing it does happen?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey,

Just did the 24hr saliva test. Don't know how accurate it is though!

In the U.S. though you should be able to get one done in Europe.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Directo wrote:Some doctors say that there is no such thing as adrenal fatigue. Are there any serious studies on this subject showing it does happen?

Don't some doctors prescribe finasteride and promote fluoride toothpastes? Laughing

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:45 am

tooyoung wrote:
Directo wrote:Some doctors say that there is no such thing as adrenal fatigue. Are there any serious studies on this subject showing it does happen?

Don't some doctors prescribe finasteride and promote fluoride toothpastes? Laughing

Funny. But really, I think Directo's question is legitimate.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next