Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Current Routine EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Current Routine EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Current Routine EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Current Routine EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Current Routine EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Current Routine EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Current Routine EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Current Routine EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Current Routine EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Current Routine

+2
Nashville Hairline
Joey
6 posters

Go down

Current Routine Empty Current Routine

Post  Joey Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:26 am

Hey guy's, great forum here with lots of interesting info. Ive on the immortal regime and just wanted to check with you guys if my routine looks right? i

Morning
400mg of EC after breakfast
500mg MSM (helps make my hair thicker)

Lunch
100mg of Bio-Enhanced Na-RALA
1 Vitamin D-3/K-2 capsule
5mg of Biotin

Dinner
100mg Bio-Enhanced Na-RALA
500mg Curcumin
200mg Resveratrol

Before Sleep
400mg of EC
500mg of MSM
I want to add Acetyl L-Carnitine to the above (taking it with breakfast/lunch/dinner). I there anything else that would benefit me? I'm also looking into the papain topical, sounds very interesting. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Joey

Back to top Go down

Current Routine Empty Re: Current Routine

Post  Nashville Hairline Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:42 am

What brand of Curcumin are you using? There has been some debate on that recently. Basically: Life Extension, not good; Jarrow's, good.

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:44 am

Using the Jarrow's.

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:50 am

Nice one! Looks like your missing an Omega 3 supplement too ...I'm no expert though. Its another good thing to counteract inflammation.

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 am

I feel theres maybe something else I can add. Source of Omega 3 is a good shout. I have a supply of Saw Palemtto and Beta Sis that I have also been thinking about adding (not sure what the best time to take this with is)

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:40 pm

Oh and green tea! Its so cheap and has some good studies re: hair behind it, to me its a no-brainer to include in a regime!

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  big mike Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Nashville Hairline wrote:Oh and green tea! Its so cheap and has some good studies re: hair behind it, to me its a no-brainer to include in a regime!

Do any of you guys think there is any merit to the study that states green tea actually raises DHT? I can say that up until a few months ago, I had been drinking 5 to 10 cups of premium green tea 5 days a week, but started shedding towards the end of summer. Since then, I have stopped drinking it just in case there is any validity to this study. I certainly hope it's not true and I would never discourage anyone from drinking green tea because the health benifits are seemingly endless, reguardless of its effect on hair.

big mike

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:51 pm

big mike - No worries about green tea. I was asked this question back in '06, so here is a paste of the answer:

check out the study below

Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995 Sep 25;214(3):833-8. Selective inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase isozymes by tea epicatechin-3-gallate and epigallocatechin-3-gallate.

Liao S, Hiipakka RA.

Ben May Institute, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA.

Inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase may be effective in the treatment of 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone-dependent abnormalities, such as benign prostate hyperplasia, prostate cancer and certain skin diseases. The green tea catechins, (-)epigallocatechin-3-gallate and (-)epicatechin-3-gallate, but not (-)epicatechin and (-)epigallocatechin, are potent inhibitors of type 1 but not type 2 5 alpha-reductase. (-)Epigallocatechin-3-gallate also inhibits accessory sex gland growth in the rat. These results suggest that certain tea gallates can regulate androgen action in target organs.

What was gleaned out of the previous thread that was some components of Green Tea increase 5-alpha reductase type I.

However, the primary Gallate EGCG inhibits 5-alpha reductase.

The main kicker is the most recent study, which shows human hair growth both in vitro and in vivo.

Human hair growth enhancement in vitro by green tea epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG).

* Kwon OS, * Han JH, * Yoo HG, * Chung JH, * Cho KH, * Eun HC, * Kim KH.

Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Laboratory of Cutaneous Aging and Hair Research, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Institute of Dermatological Science, Seoul National University, 110-744 Seoul, Republic of Korea.

Green tea is a popular worldwide beverage, and its potential beneficial effects such as anti-cancer and anti-oxidant properties are believed to be mediated by epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a major constituent of polyphenols. Recently, it was reported that EGCG might be useful in the prevention or treatment of androgenetic alopecia by selectively inhibiting 5alpha-reductase activity. However, no report has been issued to date on the effect of EGCG on human hair growth. This study was undertaken to measure the effect of EGCG on hair growth in vitro and to investigate its effect on human dermal papilla cells (DPCs) in vivo and in vitro. EGCG promoted hair growth in hair follicles ex vivo culture and the proliferation of cultured DPCs. The growth stimulation of DPCs by EGCG in vitro may be mediated through the upregulations of phosphorylated Erk and Akt and by an increase in the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax ratio. Similar results were also obtained in in vivo dermal papillae of human scalps. Thus, we suggest that EGCG stimulates human hair growth through these dual proliferative and anti-apoptotic effects on DPCs.

I just did a daily topic on green tea, even more benefits (they never seem to end with it).

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:05 pm

I sure enjoy drinking the stuff. I did read a year or so ago (I am trying to remember where, maybe at Regrowth) about the negative interaction between curcumin and green tea extract.

It may be a good idea to take these herbs at different times.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:49 am

i was a little worried about the 'increased DHT" level report so i chose to go with Black Tea theaflavin supplement to start with instead.

CS, your thoughts on Theaflavins vs. Green tea extract supplements?

thanks!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 am

RobHealthMan - It's very difficult to speculate on this one. Green or Black teas benefits may be limited unless they are used topically, however it's not too convenient and there are better topicals from other botanticals. Black tea theaflavin looks really interesting because of the potency as an antioxidant, but how long this protection lasts internally hasn't been fully examined. I looked at an vitro study and based on it, Theaflavins are do not last as long as EGCG from green tea.

I really wanted to order the Theaflavins, but I hesitated when thinking about the short half-life. However, I could be wrong. For right now I've been taking green tea phytosome, which is extends the active qualities of green tea some twenty times over its typical protection.

In non phytosome form, green tea still lasts longer than theaflavins.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down