Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Skin Care Routine EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Skin Care Routine EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Skin Care Routine EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Skin Care Routine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Skin Care Routine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Skin Care Routine EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Skin Care Routine EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Skin Care Routine EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Skin Care Routine EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Skin Care Routine

+4
sanderson
reshmi578
CF
RKERR9
8 posters

Go down

Skin Care Routine Empty Skin Care Routine

Post  RKERR9 Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 pm

I havent seen a new post about this in a while.

I feel that since I have changed my diet, and supplement regime, my hair and skin has stopped degrading as much but I havent seen much noticeable improvement. I'd be interested to hear anyone else's skin care routine, particularly anything that can increase elasticity and improve collagen production (topical or internal) - i've considered buying a derma roller but i'm not covninced at this stage.

Thought it would be an opportunity to share any new info that has come to light.

What do you guys do to? Smile

RKERR9

Back to top Go down

Skin Care Routine Empty Re: Skin Care Routine

Post  CF Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:57 am

Recently I've gotten a few Dermapen treatments. It's too soon to see results but I consider it to be an improvement on the Dermaroller concept.

In addition to supplementing with Hyaluronic Acid, BioSil, and RNA, I've recently added Lumistor and Lipowheat with Ceramides to my internal routine.

I feel the RejuvePlex topical is a nice one, and in addition to that I plan on using some others soon, specifically the Collagen Serum (New Version) from Skin Actives as well as their vitamin C serum. Am currently using their Coral Nutrient Serum, and am not crazy about the smell and texture or the fact it has parabens, but it absorbs really well so I may re-order since I suck at making serums and I want a sea kelp serum in the morning in addition to the RejuvePlex at night. I'm also going to add .025% tretinoin gel from Shalaks. I have used Retin-A in the past but did not like the gel since it is alcohol based, but the Shalaks tretinoin gel uses an olive oil based gel, and its dirt cheap, from the website alldaychemist.com. Unfortunately they don't ship to Canada but there is a site that organizes group buys (for saving on the $25 shipping costs charged by the website) but what is more important to me is they will ship the products to Canada. If anyone is interested in their website, just PM me. The group buys are done on the 28th of each month, so I missed the last group buy, which sucks. Tretinoin gets some really good reviews from the skin care sites, I've just never been diligent enough to use it.

Well that's what I am doing, and planning on doing. I figured I would add my plans into my post just to give you some ideas. Good luck!

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  reshmi578 Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Since I entered into 30s, I noticed changes in my skin, though they were slight I could notice them. Fine lines around the eyes and the mouth, sagging of the skin etc. I realized that my grandmother though in late 60s has a skin that defies age and glows all the time. She uses coconut oil and milk on her skin. I took a cue from her skin care regime and started following it. I didn't buy any expensive age-control creams and stuck to simple routine of applying coconut oil on my skin. When possible or once a week, I would use coconut milk on the skin. And in 6 months time I have noticed quite a change. My skin looks fresh, soft, smooth and glowing. The fine lines have reduced a bit and the skin also looks firmer. Thanks to coconut milk. Do try it!

Last edited by reshmi578 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added title)

reshmi578

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:35 am

sunblock everyday, vitamin C serum, facial exercises from www.shapeyourface.com, then other random moisturizers like coconut oil or castor oil
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:52 am

If sun block is used (the conventional stuff contains both thyroid and testosterone disruptors), as well as nanoparticle organelle splitters. Coconut oil makes the best sun block.

Nice advice on the coconut milk.

I use a lot of stuff that CF uses, except for the tretinoin gel, since I use a natural form of vitamin A.

Earlier today I just placed an order for a product that contains acetyl tetrapeptide-2. Will give it a little while
and see what happens.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 am

I should point out that the Coral Nutrient Serum from skinactives.com was, per Jonatan Functowicz of the site, mislabeled, and the information on the website has the correct ingredients, i.e. paraben free.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:10 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:If sun block is used (the conventional stuff contains both thyroid and testosterone disruptors), as well as nanoparticle organelle splitters. Coconut oil makes the best sun block.

Nice advice on the coconut milk.

I use a lot of stuff that CF uses, except for the tretinoin gel, since I use a natural form of vitamin A.

Earlier today I just placed an order for a product that contains acetyl tetrapeptide-2. Will give it a little while
and see what happens.

CS, since the body converts vitamin A to all-trans retinoic acid in the body, isn't tretinoin gel natural in that way?  Kind of like how one could say GHK-copper peptides are natural, because that too is something made in the body.  To me it is using science to mimic something natural, and therefore for all intents and purposes natural.  What are your thoughts?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am

Yes, it's pretty safe, I meant to say that I prefer to take it internally, the standard, non-carboxylic acid form. 
The advantage of tretinoin is that it's direct, perhaps the disadvantage is that it can result in some skin sensitivity.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:47 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

If this is an external product can you provide a link or name. Thanks CS. Hesitant to mess with the synthetic version.

Guys and gals bone broth works great. It makes your skin glow and fattens it up in a good way.Only problem is you have to keep eating it to maintain the results although there are numerous benefits to broth (It raised my body temp believe it or not-significantly)

Now if I could only find something to deal with the sun spots, uneven skin tone under my eyes and on my nose I would be ecstatic. I've read iodine face peels may work for this but that is a huge PITA because it'll cause your skin to peel and crust off. Has anyone tried Iodine on their face or anything else that works for sun spots?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:52 am

NYJets wrote:Now if I could only find something to deal with the sun spots, uneven skin tone under my eyes and on my nose I would be ecstatic. I've read iodine face peels may work for this but that is a huge PITA because it'll cause your skin to peel and crust off. Has anyone tried Iodine on their face or anything else that works for sun spots?

I'd also be interested to hear of anything that really works for sun spots/age spots/liver spots/uneven skin.  I've read of some things that *might* help but nothing that seems to work for everyone.  I'm currently trying clay (internal & external).

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:22 pm

+2 on the above two comments. I'd be interested in information on fixxxing uneven skin tone/ pigmentation too.

thanks.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Have you guys thought about IPL?  Works great on brown spots, crisps them up and they flake away.  Red spots are trickier.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:59 pm

CF - For some reason I forgot about this. Intense Pulsed Light has decent success with brown spots. I asked a practitioner once about is effectiveness. It seemed pretty reasonable.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm

It might work but I'm a little wary of laser on the face, have heard it can have knock-on effects such as unwanted hair growth (which is already an issue for me - it appeared alongside the liver spots).

I'm convinced they are health-related and so logically there should be a natural way to reverse them.  But most online articles are inaccurate (imo) that they are caused by the sun.  Funny how I never had a single one until I had health issues, and that they first appeared in winter.  Or that many people only get them as they get older and less healthy.

This Ray Peat article suggests topical vitamin E might help, but I haven't tried it.

www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1219

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down