Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Brushing & detumescence routine EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Brushing & detumescence routine

+2
BelieveInIt
radiance
6 posters

Go down

Brushing & detumescence routine Empty Brushing & detumescence routine

Post  radiance Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share with you my plans and was looking for your feedback on how to combine a bunch of different methods together in my daily routine...

I would want to: boar bristle brush, oil massage and do detumescence. How to fit all this together ?

I was thinking of something on the lines of:

Morning as soon as I wake up:
1- Oil massage (with no alcohol), and let sit in for 20 minutes
2- Shampoo
3- Boar bristle brush to make my scalp irritated for a couple of minutes
4- Handstand also for a couple of minutes
5- Hot cold water rinses
6- Topical MSM dissolved in purified water

Evening before going to bed
1- Topical that has an alcohol base with saw palmetto and nettles
2- Detumescence

+ Derma rolling once a week during the weekend.

My reasoning behind this would be that I wouldn't want to irritate my scalp by brushing it when is full of gunk and DHT, so I would want to clean it before hand. And use the topical that has alcohol in the evening to give the scalp some time in the day to heal.

Would you recommend doing anything differently ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback and all the help

Have a great day

radiance

Back to top Go down

Brushing & detumescence routine Empty Re: Brushing & detumescence routine

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:25 am

i think you should brush exactly when you think your scalp is full of dht to let bloodflow clean it up. but i would not pay to much attention to dht anyway. just don't jerk it more than once every few days or less is even better. prevent situations were you get frustrated or stressed in a way you develop tunnel vision. not the sports kind of stress, but the desperated kind of stress. i 'm quite sure that's when dht forms the most.

as for the order of treatments i go:

- suction pad massage with hands on each other for loosening on a coarse level + regular fingertip massage on sides back and top of head (you can hang head over edge of bed or something similar)
- detumescence for breakup of fibrotic tissue
- brushing for stimulation of bloodflow to now fexible areas on an even finer level
- hair pulling quite roughly

ideally 2 times a day. wouldn't use shampoo, let your scalp build up your own custom flora, it knows whats best. also too much topicals might destroy the natural flora imo. would only do it every few days.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:38 am

does the violet ray work the same way as brushing do you think?

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:24 am

john walters wrote:does the violet ray work the same way as brushing do you think?

i don't have experience with violet ray or lllt but am sure it does not replace brushing or anything else promoting bloodflow.
it's a totally different approach and i personally don't give it much hope at least not on it's own. maybe beneficial in addition to detumescence.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:26 am

I do the kneading 4 times a day for 5 minutes each

also wear a head band keeping the scalp loose for 30mins twice a day too

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 am

thanks a lot believeinit! I guess I'll then stick with only 1 topical per day max Wink

I was thinking I should keep my scalp clean cause It's always oily... if I don't wash it every day my hair look like shit. Wouldn't all that oil be bad for my hair ? Btw I use only natural shampoos...

Can anyone else chime in with a routine that worked for them ?

Sorry for asking but I went through countless posts, the whole ferox boar brushing one, and I just ended up with a headache and I'm quite confused on what to do as a daily routine... From what I understood ferox started without using oil, and then eventually implemented it in his routine. A bunch of people kept jumping from a method to another thus seeing scarce results. And a dude left the forums cause a lot of newbies weren't just following his recommendations and bashing him...

As always thanks for the help it's very much appreciated Wink

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:41 pm

radiance wrote:thanks a lot believeinit! I guess I'll then stick with only 1 topical per day max Wink

I was thinking I should keep my scalp clean cause It's always oily... if I don't wash it every day my hair look like shit. Wouldn't all that oil be bad for my hair ? Btw I use only natural shampoos...

my scalp really doesn't get oily anymore, even if i don't wash it for days. it was super shiny before, now it's constantly dim (don't know if thats the right word;)

doesn't only showering with water help the oilyness? maybe it's oily BECAUSE you use shampoo every day and your scalp desperately tries to restore the natural flora by overproducing sebum.

however i'm not a doctor but i strongly believe that chemicals on your body rarely do anything good in the long run. if one is experiencing problems the first thing always should be to stop EVERYTHING articficial be it food, topicals, toothpaste, whatever. best would be even to get away from the city, away from the computer, away from smartphones and just run through the woods to exhaustion..then after a while your natural instincts will tell you exactly what you need.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 pm

radiance wrote:thanks a lot believeinit! I guess I'll then stick with only 1 topical per day max Wink

Can anyone else chime in with a routine that worked for them ?

Sorry for asking but I went through countless posts, the whole ferox boar brushing one, and I just ended up with a headache and I'm quite confused on what to do as a daily routine... From what I understood ferox started without using oil, and then eventually implemented it in his routine. A bunch of people kept jumping from a method to another thus seeing scarce results. And a dude left the forums cause a lot of newbies weren't just following his recommendations and bashing him...

As always thanks for the help it's very much appreciated Wink

I've also had really oily skin, so as far as topicals go, I try to stay away from oils as much as possible. I only use emu oil because it's very light and you only need a very small amount of it (like, literally 2 drops to cover your entire scalp).

I tried the no shampoo, no soap thing for a week or two, but I really didn't like it - I could understand it working for someone who didn't have a naturally oily skin though.

I've been using bicarb (baking soda) mixed with a little cayenne as a 'shampoo' and I've gotta say it works the best for me - my scalp feels very clean afterwards + I like the burn that the cayenne gives.

Routine: detu (20 mins); shower with baking soda, with a bit more detu; towelling for 2-5 mins after shower; apply MSM + Lugols topical; rub the left over powder in with a very small amount of emu oil. Repeat twice a day. Internal: Try eat as well as possible without being too anal about it; MSM (± 10 grams a day); iodine; fo-ti; magnesium; vitamin B; zinc.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Oh yes, and I don't eat as much as I used to - better food, smaller portions. I normally skip brekkie and it works well for me. I find I think more clearly and have more energy that way. I don't have that constant indigestion feeling that I used to have.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Wow guys thanks for the answers!

I have read a quite a lot lately about shampooing vs no poo... Some people are really against it, others say it makes no difference because the amount of oil your scalp produces is something that is regulated internally in your body, and shampooing won't affect that. I'm no expert here, but I was reading other posts of people that managed to reduce scalp sebum with vitamin A... I'm taking a bunch of supplements now so I'll def update you if those manage to get the oily scalp under control! I agree with eliminating all these chemicals though. I also like doing an apple cider vinegar rinse at the end of my showers

10g of msm ? interesting I only take 1g, did you notice a difference when you bumped up the intake ?

Have a great day

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

I also noticed intermittent fasting works well if you want to put on muscle, I'm super skinny and for me is very difficult to bulk up... There is some compelling evidence that It's quite healthy to do, and skipping breakfast once in a while is not that hard.

You might also want to look into polyphasic sleep. I tried for a while but its quite difficult for me to take a short nap around 2pm due to some fucking annoying constructions works going on just next to my apartment.

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:58 pm

radiance wrote:Wow guys thanks for the answers!

I have read a quite a lot lately about shampooing vs no poo... Some people are really against it, others say it makes no difference because the amount of oil your scalp produces is something that is regulated internally in your body, and shampooing won't affect that. I'm no expert here, but I was reading other posts of people that managed to reduce scalp sebum with vitamin A... I'm taking a bunch of supplements now so I'll def update you if those manage to get the oily scalp under control! I agree with eliminating all these chemicals though. I also like doing an apple cider vinegar rinse at the end of my showers

10g of msm ? interesting I only take 1g, did you notice a difference when you bumped up the intake ?

Have a great day

To be honest, no, I didn't notice much difference with 10g of MSM. I'm just assuming that it's doing something good for me :-) One thing I did notice the first time I took MSM was that it made me hungry about 20 mins after. I have no idea why that would be, but there you go.

If you're talking about energy, the thing that helps me the most is getting out in nature (like going for a surf, or even just a walk). Also, I find hanging out with like-minded people really lifts my mood.

I'm also skinny and used to worry about bulking up, but I don't even think about it nowadays, not even a bit. I know I'm relatively fit, so that's all good for me.

I do the 1:30pm to 2pm nap thing some days (I work right next to where I live so I get to go home for lunch).

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Yeah man nature is soooo relaxing, I live in the middle of a urban jungle with constant noise pollution. Pretty stressful. I just bought a pair of bose quiet comfort 20i, let's see if with those I'll be able to get some more peace of mind Wink I lived in San Diego for a year and I really loved the nature there, every morning I would wake up with the sun shining trough my window, I would go for a swim and chill in the jacuzzi before work. Now I live in Belgium it's always grey and there is no nature at all, though the cultural and art scene is what keeps the city alive

I love my friends and It's so true that going out with great people makes a huge difference in your life. Pity they like partying too much, but oh well you can't have everything

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 pm

radiance wrote:Yeah man nature is soooo relaxing, I live in the middle of a urban jungle with constant noise pollution. Pretty stressful. I just bought a pair of bose quiet comfort 20i, let's see if with those I'll be able to get some more peace of mind ;)I lived in San Diego for a year and I really loved the nature there, every morning I would wake up with the sun shining trough my window, I would go for a swim and chill in the jacuzzi before work. Now I live in Belgium it's always grey and there is no nature at all, though the cultural and art scene is what keeps the city alive

I love my friends and It's so true that going out with great people makes a huge difference in your life. Pity they like partying too much, but oh well you can't have everything

I've heard of those Bose Quiet Comforts, good invention that - let me know how they work for you.

I've lived in a city too, and although it was quieter and less polluted than most - it still got on my nerves. I've realised I'm a small town guy - moved out to the country now - much better!

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:54 am

BelieveInIt wrote:i think you should brush exactly when you think your scalp is full of dht to let bloodflow clean it up. but i would not pay to much attention to dht anyway. just don't jerk it more than once every few days or less is even better. prevent situations were you get frustrated or stressed in a way you develop tunnel vision. not the sports kind of stress, but the desperated kind of stress. i 'm quite sure that's when dht forms the most.

- suction pad massage with hands on each other for loosening on a coarse level + regular fingertip massage on sides back and top of head (you can hang head over edge of bed or something similar)
- brushing for stimulation of bloodflow to now fexible areas on an even finer level

ideally 2 times a day. wouldn't use shampoo, let your scalp build up your own custom flora, it knows whats best. also too much topicals might destroy the natural flora imo. would only do it every few days.

Hi BelieveInIt,

Would you say that even a Physical contact or any kind sexual stimulation without ejaculation -its  still harmful at the same level / less or not at all? I think that the body starts producing the DHT as soon as you get any kind of sexual stimulation.

Another issue, If the is DHT basically supports hair growth, in cases that the scalp is totally loose with good blood flow - it means that any sort of DHT Blockers; topical or pills - can damage the hair growth, is that so?

Thank you

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 am

Dannyboy wrote:
BelieveInIt wrote:i think you should brush exactly when you think your scalp is full of dht to let bloodflow clean it up. but i would not pay to much attention to dht anyway. just don't jerk it more than once every few days or less is even better. prevent situations were you get frustrated or stressed in a way you develop tunnel vision. not the sports kind of stress, but the desperated kind of stress. i 'm quite sure that's when dht forms the most.

Hi BelieveInIt,

Would you say that even a Physical contact or any kind sexual stimulation without ejaculation -its  still harmful at the same level / less or not at all? I think that the body starts producing the DHT as soon as you get any kind of sexual stimulation.

Another issue, If the is DHT basically supports hair growth, in cases that the scalp is totally loose with good blood flow - it means that any sort of DHT Blockers; topical or pills - can damage the hair growth, is that so?

Thank you

hey danny, personally i only keep abstinent from orgasm not stimulation. i suspect theres far more going on during orgasm than just dht peaks on chemical level. when i was a jerk addict (at least 1x/day) i felt weak, tired, old, couldn't concentrate...and since I stopped I discovered a whole new self. before i blamed certain problems i had in relationships and social life etc on some things that happened in my past during childhood and viewed them as inevitable flaws in my character. all those problems are suddenly gone when I got my balls back. it also has HUGE impact on how your face looks and on strength, willpower.
i always felt kind of like my beauty and the spark in my eyes from my teen years were gone foverever...now suddenly it's back..i wish i had known that a bit earlier.

so i would say stimulation only is MUCH less harmful than + orgasms.

it probably would be best not to masturbate at all to rejuvenate yourself, but the most important part is to keep from orgasms. IMO even several times per week is to much, 1x should be max. what's nice is that after several weeks of not cumming, masturbating alone feels much better than it did even with orgasms before abstinence.

to the other issue you mentioned i'm afraid i really can't say anything based on facts but i guess it could be very well the way you suspect, that dht on healthy scalps is beneficial and blockers are counterproductive in those cases.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:15 am

believe, what kind of results are you having with your routine?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 am

stresssucks wrote:believe, what kind of results are you having with your routine?

thicker and standing existing hair, about 1/3 cm terminal regrowth on entire frontal hairline (even at sides down to the cheeks), vellus hairs on temples down to where my original hairline used to be are starting to become feelable with fingers. increased scalp sensitivity, seems to sweat easier too.
in the right light i can see that the hairline has sprung alive, there was slick bald vs terminal hair before, now the borders are not so clear anymore, it's terminal gradually turning to peach fuzz.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:04 am

wow!

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down