Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss

2 posters

Go down

Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss Empty Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss

Post  Shades Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:52 pm

I pull at my hair in thinning zones to check how much i'm losing on a particular day, and where i'm losing it from. Could this method accelerate hairloss?

Shades

Back to top Go down

Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss Empty Re: Could pulling at my hair accelerate hairloss

Post  rofl Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:15 am

unless excessive it shouldnt make a difference. i assume you understand the process of miniturization. well u will pull out weak hairs, and they will be replaced by smaller hairs, (in mpb areas, assuming you have mpb). these hairs would have fallen anyway, you are just making them fall out faster.

and if you pull out non mpb affected hairs, well then they will be replaced with hairs that grow to the same size. these would have fallen out eventually too. weak hairs is part of the cycle, and are destined to fall out and be replaced by terminal hairs.

however if you are obsessively pulling out hairs, and then they regrow, and you p;ull them out too, apparently eventually they will not grow back anymore, even if they are not mpb sensitive hairs. thats Trichotillomania.

so the answer if NO, not unless its constantly pulling them out.

more than likely you re just trying to find a reason for your hairloss, when you have mpb. as we all do. its part of a denial phase. (i must not have mpb, there must be another reason for it)
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down