Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)?

+7
teacup
randle20
theseeker
GreenPower
Whip
act
LittleFighter
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? Empty Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)?

Post  LittleFighter Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 am

When leaky gutted, Iodine might increase the killing power of at least certain elements of the immune system... so in this case, high dose Iodine might not be the best thing. Heal the gut and remove the autoantibodies and then introduce iodine slowly.

I'm not talking about Hahimoto in here, selenium plays a role in protecting the thyroid... but what about hair and other structures under attack from the immune system?

This idea came from observations and from the Jaminet's book, the Perfect Health Diet.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? Empty Re: Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)?

Post  act<react Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:56 am

Posted a little bit recently about how the thyroid is very much tied into the immune system, the Immune Reaction can spring the Thyroid into action as well as the other way around ... so if you do have something happening inside you whether it be gut, implant, pathogen, metal, toxin, improving the thyroid will improve your bodies attack on it ... both a good thing and a bad thing.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)? Empty Re: Iodine might accelerate destruction in autoimmune diseases (hair)?

Post  LittleFighter Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 am

action:

The way to go I believe is to clean your diet and clear dysbiosis. See the Perfect Health Diet as a guide. The Jaminet are geniuses.

Ditch grains, take anti-microbials (oregano ADP from biotics research), garlinase, LGG, boulardii, etc.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:35 am

Recently I've been taking a potent oregano / eldeberry / Olive Leaf Extract ... and interestingly it's increased inflammation.

But I agree that metals + the Gut should be one's first priority.

Edit - Probiotics such as LGG and homemade Kefir, and other yogurts are also a part of my daily routine.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 am

actRecently I've been taking a potent oregano / eldeberry / Olive Leaf Extract ... and interestingly it's increased inflammation.

But I agree that metals + the Gut should be one's first priority.

Edit - Probiotics such as LGG and homemade Kefir, and other yogurts are also a part of my daily routine.
Yeh, A/R, oregano is potent, but also is an estrogen, oilve leaf is great for viruses, colds, but bad for hair, and elderberry is great for this too, but also bad for hair.

There's a weird relationship that I've noticed about this, possibly because the hair is an auto-immune and super-sensitive after a certain point. I've tried many things over the years, and for some reason, and it always comes back to this (for me). If you only take oregano, you may notice a bloated feeling after, esp if you are estro sensitive or the levels are off. Don't know why this is.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:44 am

I'm going to try the garlinase then and avoid the gamble with Oregano.

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 am

actI'm going to try the garlinase then and avoid the gamble with Oregano.

Do so action.

An effective oregano is Biotics Research ADP... others might not work effectively for various reasons, that is something to consider. Others don't get where they're needed and are absorbed before reaching the sites.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:54 am

This should also have a synergy with chelation, especially L-Histidine, are you tackling metals LittleFighter?

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Try taking oregano as a tincture, the effects will be profound.

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:22 pm

action,

I'm not doing anything about the metals now... I might try NDF in the future.

Green,

I'd still recommend emulsified, slow release oregano oil. Oils and tinctures are less effective, and probably useless in some cases, like parasitic infections like D. Fragilis or Blastocystis Hominis, NASTY parasites. I suspect some people (and maybe myself) might have this parasite(s). They're hard to erradicate, and hard to detect. I definitely have to post info on this subject, it might be the missing link for some people.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 pm

BTW, these parasites even feed on probiotics!!! How #"$"# bad is that?

Recommended reading:

http://www.badbugs.org/

Many symptoms overlap with what people believe is "candida", but what they might have is not candida but parasites that are very hard to get rid of.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:56 pm

From http://mueller_ranges.tripod.com/links/compendium/scd_starting_enzymes.html

EVIDENCE THAT UNDIGESTED FOOD PARTICLES GETTING ACROSS A LEAKY GUT CREATE AUTOIMMUNE ISSUES

paul writes:

"Flechas told me I was barking up the wrong tree trying to reverse Hashimoto's with iodine. That's when he suggested the Betaine and phosphaditylcholine to lower the antibodies. Mine dropped from 96 to 42 and hopefully further next test."

another posters comment:

Flechas said when he monitors antibodies they usually don't change with iodine supplementation

paul writes:

Betaine is a methyl donor

The foods richest in phosphatidylcholine, the major delivery form of choline, are beef liver, egg yolks and soya. Beef liver, iceberg lettuce, peanut butter, peanuts and cauliflower are some foods that contain free choline. Choline is a precursor for phosphatidylcholine, sphingomyelin, acetylcholine AND the methyl donor BETAINE. This phosolipid makes up 8 % of cell membranes and is found in great quantity in the thyroid. It has a rejuvenating effect on the liver also.

http://www.clltopics.org/CellBio/Epigenetics.htm
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16003455

Just be aware that some think that therapeutic dosing of methyl donors like betaine may switch off unintended genes such as tumor suppressor genes at the same time.

my comment:

betaine increases stomach acid and phosphaditylcholine is an essential fatty acid important for cell junction seal and cell wall permeability, so it seems reasonable to infer that undigested or partly digested food particles getting across a leaky gut raise thyroid antibodies, and allergies/autoimmune response generally

methyl donation reduces homocysteine and autoimmune/immune response generally

also see e. coli initiating an autoimmune response against the thyroid on my iodine page.

I'm not against Iodine, just trying to help understand certain issues with it.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Flechas! one of the "Iodine doctors".
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:17 pm

LF - So glad to see you back here posting ... seriously, stick around.

Want to mention that nothing I've ever tried to correct my gut issues has worked, until I started chelation, upon which my gut is the best it's ever been even without probiotics, now I'm using multiple varieties of homemade kefir and yogurt and including LGG it's on a whole new level. Seriously consider some Toxguard and Humifulvate.

A jdp quote that comes to mind ...

When biofilm exists in the gut, it also disturbs digestion and prevents normal flora (like acidophilus) from thriving. If you have persistent dysbiosis, mysterious gut pain, or a borrelia infection that simply isn't responding to treatments, consider the possibility that biofilm may be impeding your progress.

Combining enzymes with heavy metal chelators (since the biofilm is comprised in part, of metals), and taking these on an empty stomach, is thought to be one potentially effective strategy for "punching holes" in the biofilm and thereby breaking down the bugs' protective polysaccharide blankies.

Detoxification of Copper and GSH-mercury conjugates is done via bile. A limitation on the ability to create bile (lack of Taurine) means that virtually all needs to re-absorbed by the gut. Add some biofilms which act like fishing nets hanging onto the metals and we got a problem...

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:02 pm

So i should stop my iodine and focus on my gut?

theseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 am

LittleFighter-

Have you tested yourself for leaky gut? If so what did you use to heal it? What do you mean by autoantibodies? Luckily I have no thyroid antibodies but I have a high tsh(13) and a low t4 with a high Lp(a). Loosing hair.

What you say may be interesting because I feel like I have bathed my self in iodine for the past 8 months. I wonder if my body is having a problem absorbing iodine. I know im not a poor T3-T4 converter but anyhow glad to see you back on the board.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Bump bounce
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:13 pm

randle20 wrote:LittleFighter-

Have you tested yourself for leaky gut? If so what did you use to heal it? What do you mean by autoantibodies? Luckily I have no thyroid antibodies but I have a high tsh(13) and a low t4 with a high Lp(a). Loosing hair.

What you say may be interesting because I feel like I have bathed my self in iodine for the past 8 months. I wonder if my body is having a problem absorbing iodine. I know im not a poor T3-T4 converter but anyhow glad to see you back on the board.

In some users, iodine will not work properly due a reliance on two cofactors, Vitamins B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin), that are integral to stimulating oxidative phosphorylation and ATP production.

A product such as this maybe needed:

http://www.iherb.com/EuroPharma-Terry-Naturally-Iodine-Co-Factors-90-Capsules/23138?at=hil335

It can make all the difference if one suspects they are autoimmune thyroid.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

In some users, iodine will not work properly due a reliance on two cofactors, Vitamins B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin), that are integral to stimulating oxidative phosphorylation and ATP production.

A product such as this maybe needed:

http://www.iherb.com/EuroPharma-Terry-Naturally-Iodine-Co-Factors-90-Capsules/23138?at=hil335

It can make all the difference if one suspects they are autoimmune thyroid.

Seems like the above capsules contain everything we need to take with Iodine without buying them separately, is one pill per day enough with Iodine? they say 3 per day.

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:16 am

theseeker wrote:So i should stop my iodine and focus on my gut?

If you have auto-immune diseases, probably the best thing is low dose iodine 1 mg or less (as recommended by Paul Jaminet). After resolving your problem (for many that means removing gluten and making the antibodies disappear) you may build up your iodine dose slowly up to the needed amount.

When using iodone, it seems very important to use companion nutrients like selenium, magnesium, b-vits, vitamin c, etc.

Don't just take my word, get Dr. Brownstein book and learn from there... that's actually the best advice I can give I guess.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 am

I haven't, but I had the signs for years... Acne and other skin problems were the best indicators in my case (that means more levels of endotoxins circulating, getting leaked to circulation).

Autoantibodies are antibodies targeted to healthy tissue, leading to destruction.

Your TSH is very high. Like CS said you may have indeed a problem properly utilizing iodine.

You should use the recommended supplement, don't forget mangesium, selenium and vitamin c. like I mentioned, my best advice is to get Dr BRownstein's book, everything is there I believe. I'm far from being an expert in this area, I should be getting that book too.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:18 am

I second LittleFighter, this issue is quite complex and getting the book would really explain a lot, especially the responses from patients and the differences between people.

Note that autoimmune thyroid requires a certain amount of iodine (at least 100 times the RDA) to turn off the destruction process to the thyroid. Many Hashimoto's patients need to reach 75 mg before they see results, plus the ATP-co factors.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 am

Can we replace our niacin with niancinamide? If so how much should we take for proper iodine absorption etc.?

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:39 am

i think i had a leaky gut, and megadosing on iodine seems to have pretty much fixed it... but what i am saying goes exactly in the opposite direction of the first few posts in this thread... Question
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:51 am

magic_gro wrote:i think i had a leaky gut, and megadosing on iodine seems to have pretty much fixed it... but what i am saying goes exactly in the opposite direction of the first few posts in this thread... Question

Magic, iodine doesn't cause "leaky gut", in fact I've read some stuff pointing in the opposite direction, it helps seals the junctions.

I didn't say that it causes leaky gut, only that it may potentiate auto immune diseases (at least to some degree).

If it really fixed you, that's probably because iodine is a great antibiotic (in case your problem was infection related) and it helps in other areas too.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next