Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss?

5 posters

Go down

Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? Empty Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss?

Post  hairisthickening Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:54 am

Hi,

so for those who dont know what oil pulling is I will explain. It's basically taking a tablespoon of sunflower oil and swishing it for 15 mins in your mouth first thing in the morning and then spitting it out in the sink.

I am using organic refined high heat sunflower oil. I started because I had a tooth ache a week ago. It actually pretty much got rid of my toothache but now im concerned about hairloss.

I got out of the shower today and noticed that the hairs on my back look thicker and longer then I ever remember. I have some hair on my back as I get older but it seems a sudden increase maybe? I am 29 years old btw.

Anyways now looking at my hair it seems my receding could be a tad sharper? I know its only been a week. It's a shame im worried because I feel better overall since oil pulling.

Am I just being paranoid or could swishing oil around in my mouth for 15 mins each day raise dht maybe? I spit the oil out but im sure some is absorbed into my system right? Thanks

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? Empty Re: Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss?

Post  hairisthickening Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 am

Maybe I could switch to Olive Oil? I read it lowers DHT maybe?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss? Empty Re: Can Oil Pulling With Sunflower Oil Increase Hairloss?

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 am

Personally I think you will be imagining it, its only been a week.

Even if you smoked 5 a day for a week your hair would look no different.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. But I have read sunflower oil can raise dht while olive oil can lower it. I should switch to be safe maybe?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:39 pm

you should use unrefined cold pressed "x" oil. It's healthier. Maybe switch to coconut or sesame

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Coconut oil, butter and olive oil ftw ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 am

How long does it take to actually notice results when oil pulling?

Ive been doing it with coconut oil for almost a week and feel no different. Thinking of switching to seseme oil.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:57 am

everyone is different but I noticed a difference within days. Nothing huge but I just feel better in general. My toothache is nearly 100% gone which is saying a lot because it was hurting so bad I was going to have to get it taken care of right away.

I just got done oil pulling for 8 mins. I am going to slowly switch to sesame or olive oil. Some people say it can take weeks to months before you start noticing the health benefits.

But guys I am only using a tablespoon of the oil. I will go down to a tea spoon. I mean even if I swallowed a tea spoon of oil that could not effect my hair in a bad way could it?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:58 am

i'm on oil pulling for almost 3 weeks...with sesame oil. In the first week, i had headaches, bad mood and neck pain...after that, nothing good or bad to report...

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 am

It's entirely subjective. If there is a potentially negative effect, would not consider it long term unless proven so. Short term hair shedding can be (not always) a positive sign.

Sunflower oil when in unrefined and non-heated form is anti-DHT.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down