Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Chronic sinusitis  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Chronic sinusitis  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Chronic sinusitis  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Chronic sinusitis  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Chronic sinusitis  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Chronic sinusitis  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Chronic sinusitis  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Chronic sinusitis  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Chronic sinusitis  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Chronic sinusitis

4 posters

Go down

Chronic sinusitis  Empty Chronic sinusitis

Post  radiance Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Has anyone has this problem here?

I really can't breathe through my right nostril, my left one is better but still not good.

I tried using the neti pot (not constantly) but didn't have much success, it seems when I wake up the day after the situation is only worse.

Anyone managed to fix their sinus problems ?

Have a good one!

radiance

Back to top Go down

Chronic sinusitis  Empty Re: Chronic sinusitis

Post  whodathunkit Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:27 am

Try Buteyko Breathing method.  There's a good, easy book to read and follow called "Close your mouth!"

http://www.amazon.com/Close-Your-Mouth-Buteyko-Handbook/dp/0954599616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392991619&sr=8-1&keywords=close+your+mouth

There's also a Kindle edition but you have to go to Amazon and search "close your mouth" to find that.  That's if you like ebooks (I do).

There are other books on Buteyko method, too, but I haven't read them.  I plan to get a book on  advanced techniques in the near future.

I've been doing Buteyko for almost a month and it's helped me.  I'm sleeping without using nasal spray for the first time in years, and my "controlled pause" (CP, how long you can comfortably hold breath especially upon awakening, which is one of the progress markers of the method) is up to 25 seconds from 15 sec. when I started.

I was also beginning to consistently get "idiopathic" rhinitis when eating, and that went away shortly after beginning Buteyko.

Plus, I am still getting over a really, really bad cold/flu, which I managed to get through without taking any nasal spray or OTC decongestant.  Really happy about that!

Here's a technique I got out of the book for unclogging your nose when it's acutely clogged, and it really works:

Breathe in, and breathe out normally through your nose.

At the end of the outbreath pinch your nose shut.  But don't expel any more air than you normally would!

With nose pinched shut, begin to nod your head vigorously, until you feel a very strong urge to breathe.  

Then unpinch your nose and breathe through your nostrils only.  You'll feel your nose magically unclog.  You may have to do this multiple times to get it to stay unclogged, but eventually it will.

One key to Buteyko is to stop breathing through your mouth.  It's very important. You have to remind yourself about it multiple times during the day. I now tape my mouth shut at night to keep it from falling open when I sleep.   Neutral  But again, I can now sleep without nasal spray so IMHO it's worth it.

Whatever you try, good luck.  Outside of being truly ill, there's almost nothing worse than nasal congestion, especially when you're trying to sleep.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:43 am

Thanks! I'll check it out Wink

Yeah and the headaches...

I'll update if it works for me !

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:52 am

radiance wrote:Thanks! I'll check it out Wink

Yeah and the headaches...

I'll update if it works for me !

have the same breathing problems, however about 2 months ago i trained myself to breathe only through my nose.
what i noticed is whenever i eat anything containing sugar or lots of carbs iin general i often get a stuffy nose. when i stay on mostly green vegetables for the day both nostril remain free.

can anybody elaborate on this?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:13 am

radiance wrote:Has anyone has this problem here?

I really can't breathe through my right nostril, my left one is better but still not good.

I tried using the neti pot (not constantly) but didn't have much success, it seems when I wake up the day after the situation is only worse.

Anyone managed to fix their sinus problems ?

Have a good one!

Look into mast cell disease. Mastocytosis. It can manifest as either just cutaneous or systemically. I'm not saying its what you are dealing with necessarily, but look into the symptoms. Chronic sinus problems are one symptom of chronically elevated histamine.

Something like Nasalcrom might be good for you.

Of course there are plenty of other possibilites so don't use this to jump to any conclusions. Just giving you another rabbit hole to follow haha.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 am

Believeinit, my guess is that it's inflammation. Maybe your body is reacting to certain foods (heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides) so your nostrils get swollen and inflamed and less air can get trough... I had the same thing when I moved to Belgium. Maybe the air quality, pollutants or god knows what. But I didn't have it when I was living in California...

If anyone is interested in the Buteyko method for unclogging the nose it's explained here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLqJXRVq-Y

ahaha thanks AS54 I'll investigate!

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down