Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Oil pulling receipes
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptyToday at 6:06 pm by Maup

» Zeolite clinoptilolite?
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptyYesterday at 9:19 am by CausticSymmetry

» DHT gel usage???
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 7:43 am by CausticSymmetry

» Carnivore Diet filled in bald spot.
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 6:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS AND MODERN DISEASES
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 5:10 am by CausticSymmetry

» Butter packaging?
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 1:01 pm by Maup

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 6:57 am by CausticSymmetry

» Time to put on a mask again
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Should an old milk tooth be pulled?
Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 7:58 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT

+20
stresssucks
john walters
BelieveInIt
lamka
Shinobi
theseeker86
jpope12
AS54
CausticSymmetry
MikeBison
arnie
youngn
shaftless
Xenon
Biffy
Amaranthaceae
DeadlyDevice
Live forever
Complexx
SlowMoe
24 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT Empty Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT

Post  SlowMoe Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:22 am

What stands out to me in this first study is that placebo reduces scalp DHT levels by 13%, but does not mention of serum DHT level reduction. We all know that the placebo effect typically consists of lowering an individuals stress levels by causing a heightened faith that the disease will be cured.

Now the question is; how can lowered stress levels equal reduce scalp DHT, but not affect serum levels? My theory is that it caused a reduction in scalp tension. In theory, lowering scalp tension should increase bloodflow because the main arteries of the scalp travel beneath the galea, which is pulled down over the arteries when the scalp muscles are contracted.

Research papers also show that 5alpha reductase and aromatase both compete over testosterone; if 5 alpha hets ahold of tit, it becomes DHT/ if aromatase gets ahold of it, it turns to estradoiol. Well, aromatase requires more oxygen to convert t to estradiol, so in a low oxygen environment, the aromatase will not be operating efficiently, and the 5alpha will have less competition, menaing that ultimately, more t is turned to DHTY in a low oxygen environment.

Sooooo in a nutshell, reducing stress should reduce muscle tension, which should increase bloodflow in/ out of the scalp, which should increase aromatase efficiency, which should lower DHT levels.  Very Happy 

The effects of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgen levels in men with androgenetic alopecia.

Drake L, Hordinsky M, Fiedler V, Swinehart J, Unger WP, Cotterill PC, Thiboutot DM, Lowe N, Jacobson C, Whiting D, Stieglitz S, Kraus SJ, Griffin EI, Weiss D, Carrington P, Gencheff C, Cole GW, Pariser DM, Epstein ES, Tanaka W, Dallob A, Vandormael K, Geissler L, Waldstreicher J.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Data suggest that androgenetic alopecia is a process dependent on dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and type 2 5alpha-reductase. Finasteride is a type 2 5alpha-reductase inhibitor that has been shown to slow further hair loss and improve hair growth in men with androgenetic alopecia.

OBJECTIVE:
We attempted to determine the effect of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgens.

METHODS:
Men with androgenetic alopecia (N = 249) underwent scalp biopsies before and after receiving 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, or 5 mg daily of finasteride or placebo for 42 days.

RESULTS:
Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

CONCLUSION:
In this study, doses of finasteride as low as 0.2 mg per day maximally decreased both scalp skin and serum DHT levels. These data support the rationale used to conduct clinical trials in men with male pattern hair loss at doses of finasteride between 0.2 and 5 mg.

What stands out to me in this study, is that when finasteride was administered, the vertex levels of DHT decreased significantly, whilst the occipital (non-balding) area did not respond to fin with a DHT reduction. This leads me to believe thatt since the occipital region is not susceptible to becoming tight, as they are outside the galea region, that the DHT/ estradiol ration never got out of whack, so reducing 5ar would do any good. This still leaves one question open, however:

1. Why did the serum levels of DHT subside but the occipital levels didn't at all, since 5alpha should have been reduced there too?

Evaluation of androgens in the scalp hair and plasma of patients with male-pattern baldness before and after finasteride administration.

Ryu HK, Kim KM, Yoo EA, Sim WY, Chung BC.

BACKGROUND:
Finasteride, a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme 5alpha-reductase II, is widely used as a medical treatment for patients with male-pattern baldness (MPB), which is affected by the distribution of androgenic steroids. It is also notable that the androgenic effect in MPB is different for each region of the head.

OBJECTIVES:
To study the effect of the drug finasteride, we quantified androgenic steroids in the vertex and occipital scalp hair and in the plasma of patients with MPB.

METHODS:
The patients with MPB, aged 23-52 years, were treated with finasteride 1 mg daily for 5 months. The hair and plasma samples were hydrolysed, extracted with n-pentane, and derivatized with MSTFA:NH4I:DTE (1000:4:5, v/w/w). We analysed the concentrations of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and testosterone (T) in the hair and plasma using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS).

RESULTS:
In the hair, the ratio of DHT/T was decreased in the vertex scalp hair after the individual received finasteride (P < 0.005). However, we found no significant difference in the ratio of DHT/T in the occipital scalp hair before and after individuals received finasteride. Like the results in the vertex scalp hair, the ratio of DHT/T in the plasma was remarkably decreased after finasteride administration (P < 0.001).

CONCLUSIONS:
This study supports the effect of finasteride in patients with MPB by examining the decreased level of DHT/T in scalp hair and in plasma. Thus, in view of the androgenic effect in the different hair regions, the vertex scalp hair plays a more important role for patients with MPB treated with finasteride than does the occipital hair.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT Empty Re: Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT

Post  Complexx Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:48 am

SlowMoe wrote: What stands out to me in this first study is that placebo reduces scalp DHT levels by 13%, but does not mention of serum DHT level reduction. We all know that the placebo effect typically consists of lowering an individuals stress levels by causing a heightened faith that the disease will be cured.

Now the question is; how can lowered stress levels equal reduce scalp DHT, but not affect serum levels? My theory is that it caused a reduction in scalp tension. In theory, lowering scalp tension should increase bloodflow because the main arteries of the scalp travel beneath the galea, which is pulled down over the arteries when the scalp muscles are contracted.

Research papers also show that 5alpha reductase and aromatase both compete over testosterone; if 5 alpha hets ahold of tit, it becomes DHT/ if aromatase gets ahold of it, it turns to estradoiol. Well, aromatase requires more oxygen to convert t to estradiol, so in a low oxygen environment, the aromatase will not be operating efficiently, and the 5alpha will have less competition, menaing that ultimately, more t is turned to DHTY in a low oxygen environment.

Sooooo in a nutshell, reducing stress should reduce muscle tension, which should increase bloodflow in/ out of the scalp, which should increase aromatase efficiency, which should lower DHT levels.  Very Happy 

The effects of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgen levels in men with androgenetic alopecia.

Drake L, Hordinsky M, Fiedler V, Swinehart J, Unger WP, Cotterill PC, Thiboutot DM, Lowe N, Jacobson C, Whiting D, Stieglitz S, Kraus SJ, Griffin EI, Weiss D, Carrington P, Gencheff C, Cole GW, Pariser DM, Epstein ES, Tanaka W, Dallob A, Vandormael K, Geissler L, Waldstreicher J.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Data suggest that androgenetic alopecia is a process dependent on dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and type 2 5alpha-reductase. Finasteride is a type 2 5alpha-reductase inhibitor that has been shown to slow further hair loss and improve hair growth in men with androgenetic alopecia.

OBJECTIVE:
We attempted to determine the effect of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgens.

METHODS:
Men with androgenetic alopecia (N = 249) underwent scalp biopsies before and after receiving 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, or 5 mg daily of finasteride or placebo for 42 days.

RESULTS:
Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

CONCLUSION:
In this study, doses of finasteride as low as 0.2 mg per day maximally decreased both scalp skin and serum DHT levels. These data support the rationale used to conduct clinical trials in men with male pattern hair loss at doses of finasteride between 0.2 and 5 mg.

What stands out to me in this study, is that when finasteride was administered, the vertex levels of DHT decreased significantly, whilst the occipital (non-balding) area did not respond to fin with a DHT reduction. This leads me to believe thatt since the occipital region is not susceptible to becoming tight, as they are outside the galea region, that the DHT/ estradiol ration never got out of whack, so reducing 5ar would  do any good. This still leaves one question open, however:

1. Why  did the serum levels of DHT subside but the occipital levels didn't at all, since 5alpha should have been reduced there too?

Evaluation of androgens in the scalp hair and plasma of patients with male-pattern baldness before and after finasteride administration.

BACKGROUND:
Finasteride, a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme 5alpha-reductase II, is widely used as a medical treatment for patients with male-pattern baldness (MPB), which is affected by the distribution of androgenic steroids. It is also notable that the androgenic effect in MPB is different for each region of the head.

OBJECTIVES:
To study the effect of the drug finasteride, we quantified androgenic steroids in the vertex and occipital scalp hair and in the plasma of patients with MPB.

METHODS:
The patients with MPB, aged 23-52 years, were treated with finasteride 1 mg daily for 5 months. The hair and plasma samples were hydrolysed, extracted with n-pentane, and derivatized with MSTFA:NH4I:DTE (1000:4:5, v/w/w). We analysed the concentrations of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and testosterone (T) in the hair and plasma using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS).

RESULTS:
In the hair, the ratio of DHT/T was decreased in the vertex scalp hair after the individual received finasteride (P < 0.005). However, we found no significant difference in the ratio of DHT/T in the occipital scalp hair before and after individuals received finasteride. Like the results in the vertex scalp hair, the ratio of DHT/T in the plasma was remarkably decreased after finasteride administration (P < 0.001).

CONCLUSIONS:
This study supports the effect of finasteride in patients with MPB by examining the decreased level of DHT/T in scalp hair and in plasma. Thus, in view of the androgenic effect in the different hair regions, the vertex scalp hair plays a more important role for patients with MPB treated with finasteride than does the occipital hair.

Although I was already convinced & satisfied with the other studies, this tops it. This is no longer debatable. Thanks Moe.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT Empty Re: Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT

Post  Live forever Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:20 pm

it's an interesting theory definitely.

really is a mad paradox the fact that classic pattern baldness
seems to affect the galea region only.

loss of fatty tissues has been touted - do these fatty tissues deplete
because of tightness and resulting local 5ar dht build up?

when you look at slick bald scalp,
it is very tight... in my mind though, this is a result of fibrosis
and the balding process.

then there's inflammation, is it the tightness is causing the body
to react differently to dht and thus chronic inflammation > hair loss.

Caustic what are your thoughts on this whole thing?
could one argue that if the body works properly then low
oxygen environment won't occur in tight areas?
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Because of shape of my skull, my scalp is tightest around the top middle of my head, I can barely grab any skin with my fingers there...at that area my hair is still decently thick and no pattern baldness there (except thyroid diffuse loss all over head...)

But temples are front which are TOTALLY loose, I can move them like crazy...there I have hairline recession, so yeah...tightness theory for me doesn't hold up.
And after a few days of doing vigorous manuals my hair started to hurt when I ran my hand through it, like I had a scalp inflammation I thought things were getting worse... I stopped them for a few days and no more pain in hair/scalp when moving hand through... hmfff..

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Im the same deadly with regard to not been able to grab the centre.
but i dont actually think this relates to it.

i think the tightness comes from loss of fat
and fibrosis.

although... if you imagne getting some skin and pulling it
over a wooden square, the areas id imagine would be tightest
would be the point where the skin folds down to go vertical.

you could say this happens with men, recession and vertex
loss at the points where the skin meets the vertical.
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:21 am

You got it right!

And especially the stress tension will sit in backside of the upperbody meaning, shoulder and neck region, pulling om the occipitalis muscles.

SlowMoe wrote: What stands out to me in this first study is that placebo reduces scalp DHT levels by 13%, but does not mention of serum DHT level reduction. We all know that the placebo effect typically consists of lowering an individuals stress levels by causing a heightened faith that the disease will be cured.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

OBJECTIVE:

METHODS:

RESULTS:

CONCLUSION:

What stands out to me in this study, is that when finasteride was administered, the vertex levels of DHT decreased significantly, whilst the occipital (non-balding) area did not respond to fin with a DHT reduction. This leads me to believe thatt since the occipital region is not susceptible to becoming tight, as they are outside the galea region, that the DHT/ estradiol ration never got out of whack, so reducing 5ar would  do any good. This still leaves one question open, however:

1. Why  did the serum levels of DHT subside but the occipital levels didn't at all, since 5alpha should have been reduced there too?

BACKGROUND:

OBJECTIVES:

METHODS:

RESULTS:

CONCLUSIONS:

Last edited by Amaranthaceae on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 am

Well my observation also is that my temples are incredibly loose and also when I masturbate all the heat and blood rushes to the temples, which indicates that there is good blood flow. I have slick nw3 temples and island of hair in the middle that feels tight.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:46 am

Biffy wrote:Well my observation also is that my temples are incredibly loose and also when I masturbate all the heat and blood rushes to the temples, which indicates that there is good blood flow. I have slick nw3 temples and island of hair in the middle that feels tight.

When you say temples, do you mean hairline?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 am

Biffy wrote:Well my observation also is that my temples are incredibly loose and also when I masturbate all the heat and blood rushes to the temples, which indicates that there is good blood flow. I have slick nw3 temples and island of hair in the middle that feels tight.

Apologies for hijacking your thread, Slowmoe, I just wanted to show Biffy this:

In Ayurvedic medicine, practitoners believe that excess 'pitta dosha' (body heat) is the chief cause of baldness.

"More and More people are turning towards Ayurveda for their hair loss problem. Hair loss can be embarrassing and hamper one’s self esteem and confidence. When treated early hair loss can be reduced and even stopped completely.

Ayurvedic consideration:

Ayurveda believes that hair fall control is very much associated to the body type and also the stability of your mind-body structure. Ayurveda considers the hair as a byproduct for bone formation. The tissues which are responsible for formation of bones are also responsible for your hair growth.Hair fall is considered to be a problem of pitta dosha in Ayurveda and excess of Pitta dosha in the body is the chief cause of hair problems.. Ayurvedic hair loss treatment measures are known for their effectiveness. Usually the Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss includes diet, meditation, yoga, and yes, we cannot forget medicated herbal oil massage.

Ayurvedic Dietary Recomendations for Hair Loss Treatment :

As hair fall is considered a problem of pitta dosha , you need to identify the bad eating habits that are contributing to the increase of pitta in your body.

Pitta is increased by excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking. Pitta is also aggravated by eating too much fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods."

Here's the link to the full page:

http://ayurveda-foryou.com/women/ayurveda-for-hair-loss.html
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:20 am

SlowMoe wrote:

When you say temples, do you mean hairline?

No. As I said the middle area island of hair is way tighter than temples and more resistant to DHT.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:23 am

Do you think that bruxism then may cause balding at the sides of the head?

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 am

So a tight muscle, like the galea, causes blood vessels to compress? They are now being "squished" and the diameter is now smaller which makes for less blood flow? Not sure how that works. Body builders have tight muscles all over and they still have body hair. Also, wouldn't just taking a vessel dilating med or supplement like gingko biloba help?

Also I'm wondering about that study. Less blood flow in the scap means less oxygen. Sure. But wouldn't it also mean less 5alpha reductase as well? Since it also is carried in the blood stream along with the oxygen?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:31 am

DeadlyDevice wrote:Because of shape of my skull, my scalp is tightest around the top middle of my head, I can barely grab any skin with my fingers there...at that area my hair is still decently thick and no pattern baldness there (except thyroid diffuse loss all over head...)

But temples are front which are TOTALLY loose, I can move them like crazy...there I have hairline recession, so yeah...tightness theory for me doesn't hold up.
And after a few days of doing vigorous manuals my hair started to hurt when I ran my hand through it, like I had a scalp inflammation I thought things were getting worse... I stopped them for a few days and no more pain in hair/scalp when moving hand through... hmfff..

Yea.......... Most of your main arteries are on top of your head buddy. Fix your thyroid and loosen your scalp.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 am

SlowMoe wrote: 

There's a big problem with this theory. There is a WHOLE LOT of bald Buddhist monks in the world. There would have to be more to it, like skull expansion due to DHT. Or tightening of Galea for some other reason.

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:41 am

Live forever wrote:Im the same deadly with regard to not been able to grab the centre.
but i dont actually think this relates to it.

i think the tightness comes from loss of fat
and fibrosis.

although... if you imagne getting some skin and pulling it
over a wooden square, the areas id imagine would be tightest
would be the point where the skin folds down to go vertical.

you could say this happens with men, recession and vertex
loss at the points where the skin meets the vertical.

I, as well as other people , already have started regaining this fatty layer. In MY case my scalp got tighter before this fatty layer was depleted.

Also, if fibrosis was the main issue then why did Botox shots to the muscles around the scalp loosen the scalp, completely halt hair loss in all test subjects in the study, and regrow hair for a good amount of people? And I bet the people that didn't regrow had dead vascularity... If they would have added either a violet ray or a dermaroller I personally think the study would have been so much more successful at regrowing hair.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:43 am

Complexx wrote:
I, as well as other people , already have started regaining this fatty layer. In MY case my scalp got tighter before this fatty layer was depleted.

How are you regaining it?

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:52 am

shaftless wrote:So a tight muscle, like the galea, causes blood vessels to compress? They are now being "squished" and the diameter is now smaller which makes for less blood flow? Not sure how that works. Body builders have tight muscles all over and they still have body hair. Also, wouldn't just taking a vessel dilating med or supplement like gingko biloba help?

Also I'm wondering about that study. Less blood flow in the scap means less oxygen. Sure. But wouldn't it also mean less 5alpha reductase as well? Since it also is carried in the blood stream along with the oxygen?

Studies already show DHT thrives in low oxygen environments (tight scalp and forearm) and it lowers scalp estradiol levels (estradiol is why we experience depletion of this "fatty layer" IMO) & once the tight scalp is loosened the DHT/estradiol levels regulate once again.

The muscles of the body are different from the scalp and don't relate to this at all. Muscles carry oxygen and a whole bunch of shit... This is a different topic.

The galea is not a muscle.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:55 am

youngn wrote:
Complexx wrote:

How are you regaining it?

Check the detumescence therapy thread. 3-4 people (including myself) got it from simply loosening the scalp... They do it by pinching the whole scalp and I do it by both pinching and just massaging the muscles around the scalp. I just started punching a while ago though.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 am

I think rdkml has a point with lymph drainage.

As for regaining the fatty layer...whats been your method to achieving that?
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:01 am

youngn wrote:
SlowMoe wrote: 

There's a big problem with this theory. There is a WHOLE LOT of bald Buddhist monks in the world. There would have to be more to it, like skull expansion due to DHT. Or tightening of Galea for some other reason.

Genetic predisposition for some reason makes more sense (the first one is ridiculous lol) You know how people get swallowing breathing, chest tightness, or other certain muscular discomforts when they stress? Well unfortunately our scalp muscles are more susceptible to stress tightening them. Also, lots of monks shave. But yea, you're right... there must be lots of monks with hair loss but do you really think they ALWAYS lived stress free? Our body NEEDS some type of stress to balance itself out man.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:04 am

rdkml wrote:Here is a quote from the internet regarding lymphatic system which IMO is more important than blood flow.  

Lymph "Contains nutrients, oxygen, hormones, and fatty acids, as well as toxins and cellular waste products, that are transported to and from cellular tissues"

"lymph vessels have one-way valves, and muscle motion pumps the lymph. You have just as many lymph vessels and capillaries as you have blood vessels and capillaries!"

Many years ago, there was a study posted on the benefits of a boar bristle brush in moving the lymphatic system.  I can't seem to find it anymore though.  But when I hear benefits of increased blood flow in hair loss, IMO, the results may be greatly from the lymphatic system.  

Very interesting....
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:21 am

[quote="Amaranthaceae"]You got it right!

And especially the stress tension will sit in backside of the upperbody meaning, shoulder and neck region, pulling om the occipitalis muscles.

SlowMoe wrote: [color=#ff3333]What stands out to me in this first study is that placebo reduces scalp DHT levels by 13%, but does not mention of serum DHT level reduction. We all know that the placebo effect typically consists of lowering an individuals stress levels by causing a heightened faith that the disease will be cured.

@Amaran EXACTLY MY CASE.

@Live Simply loosening the scalp by "pinching" and massaging the side muscles.

I quoted a very important part of SlowMoes entry.... This is most likely why the people who have loose temples but tight mid sections are going bald. All of the main arteries are right under the Galea... It's like stepping on the middle part of water hose, you step on it & water is "cut off" from coming out of the end of it.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:44 am

Complexx wrote:Fix your thyroid and loosen your scalp.

Fix thyroid yeah...that's what I've been trying to do since 2012. I've made progress but it's barely minimal.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:14 pm

DeadlyDevice wrote:
Complexx wrote:Fix your thyroid and loosen your scalp.

Fix thyroid yeah...that's what I've been trying to do since 2012. I've made progress but it's barely minimal.

Damn man... Sorry to hear that. What are you doing for it?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm

I dont see how the lymph system would tie into the theory of how bloodflow and oxygen levels affect hormone metabolism in the scalp tissue. Care to explain?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next