Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations?

+5
Zaphod
Columbo
Duketronix
SonofOdin
thissucks
9 posters

Go down

Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? Empty Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations?

Post  thissucks Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:52 pm

After repeatedly reading CS's call to use infrared saunas to help sweat out toxins, I'm ready to take the plunge. Does anybody have recommendations for the type of sauna to purchase? This is currently the number one sauna on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Therasage-Ps2002-Portable-Infrared-Sauna/dp/B003Z6ZQQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385710917&sr=8-1&keywords=infrared+sauna

It looks good but is more than I would ideally like to spend. On the flipside, the cheaper saunas are reportedly made from cheap, smelly, made-in-China plastic and/or give off higher EMF emissions. Thoughts?

I would also love to hear about people's experiences with their saunas. Has it made a noticeable difference in your health?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? Empty Re: Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations?

Post  SonofOdin Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:20 pm

This is the first time I've heard of saunas having a benefit on hair loss but if true I'm glad my gym has a sauna in it. Hopefully it's infared, as I've heard other ones are actually disadvantageous to your health. I'll post back here with my results if I can remember to, I'm going to start this immediately 3x a week.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations? Empty Re: Infrared saunas - experiences and recommendations?

Post  Duketronix Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:38 am

Pretty sure there's an old thread on here somewhere with RDKML showing how to make an infrared sauna at home for like $70.

Take a look

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:09 pm

1. Steer well clear of those far infrared saunas; I purchased one and tested it with my trifield meter and the EMFs were literally off the scale. Never seen a reading like it before. What's even worse is the body is even more prone to EMFs when sweating.

2. Read Dr Wilson's site http://drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm (his book is well worth a read too)

3. Go for a Dr Wilson style near IR sauna using 3 or 4 IR heat lamps: http://drlwilson.com/SAUNAS/SAUNA%20PLANS.htm ... I have one of these an virtually zero EMFs. You can build your own, they can be self constructed very cheaply, or buy one. I got one of these and they're excellent: http://www.saunaspacellc.com/

4. Forty minutes in that makes me sweat out over half a litre per session. Be sure to rehydrate and take electrolytes after every session

5. Read numerous studies showing that heavy metals, organic chemicals, plastics etc. can be very efficiently sweated out. Total toxic load can be reduced to 50% in just one month of daily use. And intermittent use after that can maintain and further improve toxic load -- my plan is 3 months daily use which should take me near 0% toxic load then switch to use a couple of times per week
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 am

nice post!

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dara27 Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:21 am

Any thoughts on needing to wet with cold water a little towel to put on head (cover scalp) in sauna ?

Dara27

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Columbo wrote:1. Steer well clear of those far infrared saunas; I purchased one and tested it with my trifield meter and the EMFs were literally off the scale. Never seen a reading like it before. What's even worse is the body is even more prone to EMFs when sweating.

2. Read Dr Wilson's site http://drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm (his book is well worth a read too)

3. Go for a Dr Wilson style near IR sauna using 3 or 4 IR heat lamps: http://drlwilson.com/SAUNAS/SAUNA%20PLANS.htm ... I have one of these an virtually zero EMFs. You can build your own, they can be self constructed very cheaply, or buy one. I got one of these and they're excellent: http://www.saunaspacellc.com/

4. Forty minutes in that makes me sweat out over half a litre per session. Be sure to rehydrate and take electrolytes after every session

5. Read numerous studies showing that heavy metals, organic chemicals, plastics etc. can be very efficiently sweated out. Total toxic load can be reduced to 50% in just one month of daily use. And intermittent use after that can maintain and further improve toxic load -- my plan is 3 months daily use which should take me near 0% toxic load then switch to use a couple of times per week
Good post.

I purchased a 3 light unit from here www.nearinfraredsauna.co.uk/ as recommended by Dr Wilson. My unit does not have an enclosure it can simply be used in a compact bathroom.

Dara27 - Wrapping a towel around your head that is soaked in cold water or even dunking your head in cold water before a sauna covers the heat theory angle. It would not hurt.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:15 am

Excellent reply Columbo, thank you! I'm currently reading through all the information on Dr. Wilson's site. I also checked out Sauna Space, and they have a nice variety of products. Out of curiosity, which pocket sauna did you purchase?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Dara27 Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:37 am

Well i'm still confused on what to do. What I may start to do for now is apply jojoba oil with castor oil on scalp before going into sauna and showering with shampoo after (castor is so thick and greasy).

On days not shampooing, simply have a small towel damp in cold water, and have it on scalp in sauna.

Dara27

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 am

EMF concerns depends on the person's sensitivity.

I just fold a towel into quarter, soak it with cold water and place directly on the top of my head. No need to wrap it.

Even after 30 minutes in the sauna, my head is still cold while the rest of the body is sweating. Works great.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:EMF concerns depends on the person's sensitivity.

I just fold a towel into quarter, soak it with cold water and place directly on the top of my head. No need to wrap it.

Even after 30 minutes in the sauna, my head is still cold while the rest of the body is sweating.  Works great.
Although im aware of the effect of high temperature of trpv and hair but i sometimes find the benefits of losing the toxins trapped beneath the follicles to outweight the negatives of high temperature, i put close attention to it when i do epsom baths and c a difference in the quality of hair if i sweat the toxins in the scalp out. I cold shower my hair afterwards which cools it back to the original temperature.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down