Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
need your help and advice EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
need your help and advice EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
need your help and advice EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
need your help and advice EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
need your help and advice EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
need your help and advice EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
need your help and advice EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
need your help and advice EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
need your help and advice EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

need your help and advice

4 posters

Go down

need your help and advice Empty need your help and advice

Post  ar Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:59 am

Hello all, I'm posting as James Avalon now, not AR.

As most know I'm a pretty sickly guy, having been suffering from a myalgic / arthritic like condition since a dental surgery in 2009 or 2008 (my memory is pretty terrible). I've spent fortunes on ruling other things out as causes, and have no urge to list the things I've worked on the assumption of, and it's becoming clear that what's wrong with me is stemming from my jaw and teeth. Swollen lymph nodes in neck, tender cheeks, bleeding from the back teeth near wisdom tooth removal sites, rheumatic fevers induced by using the water pik or eating food that's too hard to chew, etc.

I've finally gotten back into working full time and can definitely be proud to say I'm now working and healthy appearing more so than most who are actually in good health (all that is a big thank you to this site and all it's users over the years), and financially in a position to help myself.

This is my plan. With vacation hours included, I have enough overtime banked to take three weeks off of work and not miss a single hour on those paychecks.

That sounds good, but really I'm still only making a little more than minimum wage, so I have to work smart with this money. Which brings me to taking the time to find the best dentist to take a look at my situation.

I narrowed it down to Huggins trained professionals for Cavitation diagnosis and surgery, and the American Biodentistry Clinic in Tijuana Mexico, http://www.americanbiodental.com/, which fits my budget and seems legit.

First question, is this good choice? Why? why not?

Secondly, I'm going to need to take out a loan and get a mastercard for this entire trip.

I know very little about these things. I'm currently with the Bank of Montreal in here in Canada, and would like all the knowledge you can share about making the smartest decisions possible regarding loans and credit.

Hoping to get this done in September.

Thank you very much in advance.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

need your help and advice Empty the evils of credit cards

Post  calvicie Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 am

Try to do it without the credit card or only charge amounts that you know you can pay off at month end. The first time you don't pay the full balance due, you're fucked, as high interest starts accumulating and the balance gets out of control. Making money off the poor financial decisions of the masses is big fucking business, so don't fall for those pre-approved credit card bullshit mailers. Those bastards make billions per year on interest alone. There is almost $800 Billion of credit card debt alone in the US. and the average credit card debt per household in the US is over $15k. Don't get sucked in to the trap.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

need your help and advice Empty Re: need your help and advice

Post  ngb Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:38 am

calvicie wrote:Try to do it without the credit card or only charge amounts that you know you can pay off at month end. The first time you don't pay the full balance due, you're fucked, as high interest starts accumulating and the balance gets out of control. Making money off the poor financial decisions of the masses is big fucking business, so don't fall for those pre-approved credit card bullshit mailers. Those bastards make billions per year on interest alone. There is almost $800 Billion of credit card debt alone in the US. and the average credit card debt per household in the US is over $15k. Don't get sucked in to the trap.

Well, it would be worth it if it does have a big impact on his health. I'm seeing a dentist in San Diego next week to get checked for an infection of my extracted wisdom teeth.

http://naturaldentistry.us/category/hot-dental-controversies/root-canal-controversy/

"The first step in successfully diagnosing cavitations can be made using a variety of diagnostic tools which can include a unique ultrasound device developed specifically for this purpose called a Cavitat, CAT scans and MRI’s. The best method of detection is through a ConeBeam CT Scan (CBCT) and applied kineseology (AK) or muscle testing."

http://naturaldentistry.us/family-dentistry/better-imaging-technology-for-better-patient-treatment/

They aren't even charging me for the scan since I was referred by a nearby doctor's office. I have an mri and dental x-rays already so I'm going to see if I can avoid the radiation but if that's the only/best way to diagnose it I guess I'll have to get it.

http://www.sirona.com/en/products/imaging-systems/
http://www.sirona.com/en/products/imaging-systems/galileos/

Why not contact the company to find the closest office that owns the machine before flying to Tijuana?

That dentist is listed on this sight so maybe you can find a dentist that is closer (I found out about her on a Mercola video).
http://www.mouthmattersbook.com/resources/directory/

These like minded doctors and dentists attend conferences together so they might know each other. It can't hurt to contact them to see if they know someone near you. You are going to waste so much money on transportation and lodging even if you save money on the diagnoses and treatment (plus you don't even know if there is in fact a problem).

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:54 am

ngb wrote:Well, it would be worth it if it does have a big impact on his health.
personally, and in my case, I think the stress of financial debt would be significant and probably more detrimental than any gains realized from the procedure. you'd be much better off with a secured loan at a significantly lower interest rate.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:53 am

calvicie wrote:
ngb wrote:Well, it would be worth it if it does have a big impact on his health.
personally, and in my case, I think the stress of financial debt would be significant and probably more detrimental than any gains realized from the procedure. you'd be much better off with a secured loan at a significantly lower interest rate.

I'd pay any amount and live the rest of my days working for table scraps just for a chance to get rid of my condition. The financial issue is one I have a plan to deal with already in place, my family lost everything to credit cards, I'm unwilling to repeat their mistakes so easily.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Just an update, I got this scan and they didn't find any infection where my wisdom teeth were removed 10 years ago which is good news.

http://www.sirona.com/en/products/imaging-systems/galileos/

They normally charge $200 for the scan and it takes 30 seconds. I would imagine the scan is covered by insurance if someone is interested in finding a dentist who has similar equipment.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 am

Ngb- what is the process to remove the infection?

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:20 am

TapItIn wrote:Ngb- what is the process to remove the infection?

I would guess they just cut it open and use some kind of a drill bit (bur) to drill it out of the bone and sew it back up. I'm not sure, luckily I don't have to have it done. It's considered quackery by some (quackwatch has an article on it) but they told me straight up that there was no problem and they could have easily lied to me to charge for an expensive surgery. I'm not sure if the surgery is covered by insurance or if you have to be put under to have it done. They did find polyps on both sides in my sinuses right above my molars so I have to figure out what that is all about.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down