Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome

3 posters

Go down

Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome Empty Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome

Post  missymoo Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Female pattern hair loss, also known as female androgenetic alopecia, is generally regarded as an androgen-dependent disorder representing the female counterpart of male balding. We describe female pattern hair loss occurring in a patient with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome suggesting that mechanisms other than direct androgen action contribute to this common form of hair loss in women.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome Empty Re: Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:24 pm

No, post the whole thing. Looks like an interesting study.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome Empty Re: Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome

Post  missymoo Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Unfortunately I can only find the abstract (I found it here: http://www.worldhairresearch.com/?p=321). I'm assuming it's one of those studies you have to pay for :/

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm

What I'd like to know from this study is if the hair loss involves miniaturisation. I'm assuming it does if they're calling it FPHL.

We're always told that only DHT causes miniaturisation, not a mineral or vitamin deficiency or thyroid, although sometimes I hear about low ferritin hairloss mimicking AGA. Could other deficiencies do the same? I.e. make hair grow smaller and smaller with shorter anagen phase? I only hear about them causing TE without miniaturisation. But with this study, who knows?

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  qzack97 Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 am

missymoo wrote:What I'd like to know from this study is if the hair loss involves miniaturisation. I'm assuming it does if they're calling it FPHL.

We're always told that only DHT causes miniaturisation, not a mineral or vitamin deficiency or thyroid, although sometimes I hear about low ferritin hairloss mimicking AGA. Could other deficiencies do the same? I.e. make hair grow smaller and smaller with shorter anagen phase? I only hear about them causing TE without miniaturisation. But with this study, who knows?

That makes sense. My mom has a good amount of hairloss, but her hair doesn't seem to be thinning like mine has. So does that mean that she's low in a certain mineral or thyroid issues, etc? How would she go about finding out what is causing her hairloss?

qzack97

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 am

If I were to put money on it I would say it's likely thyroid since it's so common in women. She should test her basal body temperature too see if it's too high or too low. Mine is too low, and all my thyroid blood tests came back normal, so I'm on a thyroid/adrenal supplement.

Could be hormones too, maybe get her to do a saliva test to test all of her hormones, could be estrogen dominance, in that case maybe look into using DIM.

Hair mineral analysis might help determining if she has too much or too little of certain minerals, women tend to have issues with too much copper, which can cause hair loss, however, too little can also cause this so it's important to be sure.

Many women with copper IUDs complain about receding hairlines as well as diffuse hair loss, seems to be corrected a few months after removal, others probably need chelation therapy or high doses of zinc and molybdenum for a while.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  qzack97 Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 am

Makes sense, will look into it. Her hairlines fine, but the diffuse is quite bad. It's been gradually worsening for several years, so it's not anything sudden. Do you think it is reversible, at least to some degree?

qzack97

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 am

Once the imbalance is addressed I think the hair can be recoverable (despite what dcotors and dermatologists might say), I've heard about it before.

Maybe she could use an essential oils and aloe vera scalp massage every other day to stimulate regrowth, some women with PCOS related hair loss have noticed new hairs growing within a month of doing this.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down