Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
O/T Epidermal cyst EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

O/T Epidermal cyst

2 posters

Go down

O/T Epidermal cyst Empty O/T Epidermal cyst

Post  IntoTheWest Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:29 am

I had a scare a while back having aches and pains in the testicles and around the groin area and lower abdomen. Later finding a lump also.

I have since been for a ultra sound, my results showed a cyst on the epidermis on the back of the left testicle. My doctor said their is no action needed just to come back if it grows in size.

I am wanting to find out if their is any possible ways to get rid of the cyst and find what has caused me to get one in the first place?

I have been thinking of ways if possible to dissolve the cyst some how. Ive thought with topical iodine and DMSO onto the scrotum, iodine internally also proteolytic enzymes may help with this, obviously im not sure how to tackle this my doctor was of no help just told me to leave it, has anyone else delt with this or have info on doing so?

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

O/T Epidermal cyst Empty Re: O/T Epidermal cyst

Post  IntoTheWest Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:12 am

Ok so if most cysts are calcium deposits im going to try its atagonists. CS's supplement line 'Decalcify' seems it would be good for the K2 and Magnesium, Iodine internally as cysts can occur through deficiency which i am most likely deficient, also iodine externally.

Reducing sugar in diet as I have read Cysts can also form when the blood sugar is high, increasing the solubility of calcium to go from bones to the tissues causing cysts. I have R-lipoic acid which will help with blood sugar spikes also.

I am going to go with these is their any else which could help?

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:37 am

If you are worried about calcium, besides the supplements you mentioned it is very important to get proper, absorbable calcium in your diet as well. Get it from plant or animal sources where it is also present with cofactors like magnesium.

In terms of blood sugar, I like r-lipoic acid combined with acetyl l-carnitine. I've also heard that benfotiamine can be helpful. But based on the research I've seen regarding berberine, I will be trying this soon. It has been shown to be as effective as metformin at reducing blood sugar and insulin resistance. It also acts on PPAR-g and favorably affects lipid metabolism, possibly the mechanism for its insulin sensitizing effects.

I saw that Swanson has an affordable berberine product, but it only contains 400 mg. Based on the studies, to have a comparable dose in humans would require about 6 grams for someone of 180 lbs. I don't plan on going that high, but perhaps 2-3 grams a day in divided doses, probably after my three largest meals and see how I feel.

It seems to be sort of a multi-purpose compound as it also shows anitbiotic activity, and has been used for digestive issues in China for a very long time.
I've no idea if regulating blood sugar will have any impact on your current cyst, but if blood sugar is a concern of yours, I'd check this out.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 am

I'll look at those you mentioned anthony, regarding calcium I do make sure to get good absorbable calcium and its co-factors through animal sources in my diet.

Last edited by IntoTheWest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 am

Can Cysts develop through Trauma/Injury/Inflamation in any given area?

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:24 am

Yup. They can have different origins. Some cysts are the result of bacteria. Some can occur due to hormonal imbalance. Some are causes by arterial or venous injury and still others can be the result of chronic inflammation. This is why, although I'm not positive on the matter, if your blood sugar is in fact chronically high it could set the stage. Was there a reason you had the blood sugar concern? But again, even a blockage of a particular duct could cause them, or a parasite. So its important to try to pinpoint which you're dealing with. Are you planning on having it drained?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 am

My cyst could be pretty much from any of them, how would I check to see if the cause was from a parasite?

That being said I had an injury to the area and both left and right epididymides were swollen then I noticed the cyst appeared on the left epididymis. So I think I’m fairly confident it’s through injury/inflammation.

I don’t think there is a blockage of a duct down there, the ultra sound would have picked that up I would have thought.

The main reason I mentioned the high blood sugar (although not certain it can cause cysts, I read it but can’t remember where) is because I’m a sucker for coke and other sugars, so thought that could be a possible issue for me, I haven’t been tested for high blood sugar, was just throwing it out there.

You mention having it drained; the cyst itself is really small at the moment and doesn’t feel as there is anything to drain. I asked my doc what a cyst should feel like he said on the lines of firm but squishy, I said mine was small and hard, he said that is normal too. I told him I still have aches their and not to be crude but I also have aches in the hips while ejaculating. He insists it’s a epidermal cyst.

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:47 am

Can cysts be a symptom of prostatitis?

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:55 am

Yes, they could be, many types of bacteria can take a cystic form. The injury you experienced could certainly have led to it, but you should really identify what the source of the pain is. Sometimes cysts can cause pain, but often they can be symptomless as well, in which case a doctor would do nothing about them. But I would rule out other more likely causes of your pain if at all possible: epididymitis. I had a case of this a few years ago and it creates a lump like tangible growth in the epididymis. It was incredibly sore and tender to the touch. It felt as though it was right at the point where the epi. met the testicle, at the top toward the back. The doctor prescribed me cipro, but I only took it once.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:35 am

Thanks for your replies Anthony.

It’s really difficult to know exactly what has caused the cyst.

I’m not sure if I should just leave it as my doctor says. Really don’t like the thought of a cyst in that region.

The aches in the hips as I have mentioned in one of my above posts, I get like a pushing pain in the back of my upper thigh, also the muscle you squeeze when trying to hold a pee after releasing that muscle causes an ache in the area of the cyst.

The part I’m finding difficult is identifying what the cause or type of cyst is?

I’ve done a diagram to where it is, it sounds to be in a similar spot to what you described.

[img]O/T Epidermal cyst Testic10[/img]

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:41 am

I know it looks like a grenade lol

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down