Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst!

5 posters

Go down

Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! Empty Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst!

Post  tudor Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 am

Please guys, I need your help...i have a pilonidal cyst and it seems i need surgery, the most effective way i was told is to surgically excisise it...i tried searching for natural remedies but i haven't found anything to promising...do you guys know anything that can actually "CURE" and get rid of the cyst?
tudor
tudor

Back to top Go down

Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! Empty Re: Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst!

Post  mistyisland Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:38 am

http://blog.mystrangemind.com/2008/09/natural-remedies-for-pilonidal-cysts.html

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst! Empty Re: Bad news-Seems I have a Pilonidal cyst!

Post  crincrin Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:06 pm

For anyone reading this thread who doesn't know what a pilonidal cyst/sinus is, I'd suggest googling it. I had them for years before I realized they weren't just pimples on my low back.

My first flare up was in my teens (about ten years ago). Over a few years the flare ups became progressively more severe and occurred more frequently, to the point where I couldn't sit comfortably a few months out of the year. I started washing that region vigorously and religiously and over the past few years I've only had one flare up as far as I can remember. So my advice based on personal experience is to wash vigorously with soap/water at least once a day. Wash from just above the cyst to several inches below, somewhat down into the ass crack, since I think the sinuses tend to extend downwards. Don't be afraid to rub hard, but don't traumatize the area.

That's my advice on controlling the symptoms. As far as the long term consequences of having a pilonidal sinus, I'm not sure. It's pretty crazy what happens with this condition, hair accumulates within the sinus. No one really knows how this happens AFAIK. When the surgeon opens up the sinus, that accumulated hair needs to be washed out, and sometimes there's a lot of it.

I wonder if the accumulated hair serves as a source of chronic inflammation since hair is not supposed to be inside the body - if in fact the hair does crank up an inflammatory process, and if the body has no way of naturally eliminating the hair, then surgery may be needed to truly minimize inflammation in the long run. OTOH the hair itself might be harmless, and any inflammation from this condition may result solely from the periodic infections that we experience. If that's the case, then good hygiene might solve the problem.

Even though I've got the infections under control, I'm thinking about shaving the area regularly to minimize hair accumulation. I'm pretty hairy down there, like a lot of people with pilonidal cysts.

Also you should realize that there's a pretty high recurrence rate after surgery.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  tudor Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:37 am

IH, rdkml and others please share if you have other ideas/suggestions! Thank you! Crying or Very sad
tudor
tudor

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 am

I had one back when I was 15 that was pretty bad, got it taken care of surgically. Never had a problem since. Who knows though, any surgery seems to have unseen consequences. Would always choose a natural route if at all possible, that was so long ago I didn't know any better.
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:24 am

Iodine may be of help, if you apply it in a high dose consistsntly, though I will promise you that you will feel it.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down