Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?

+2
Balthier
sanderson
6 posters

Go down

Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  Empty Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 am

I want to apply ACV to my temples on a daily basis, but I'm finding since it's a liquid almost like water, I'm not sure if it's staying in the area or just drying up. I'm wondering if it's possible to turn into a lotion or gel to where I can apply it and I know it will stay.

Other things I would consider doing this for would be salt water. I haven't really tried coconut oil/emu oil, but I'm assuming since these two are all ready oily, they are easier to stay in the same spot.

Any ideas?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  Empty Re: Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?

Post  Balthier Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:12 am

You could try apple pectin. Personally I think it just dries up and is drying to the scalp which could be good if you have a lot of sebum(otherwise use aloe or something) and has some other good properties antibacterial antifungal etc.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?  Empty Re: Possible To Turn ACV (or other topicals) safely into gel/paste/lotion solution?

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Balthier wrote:You could try apple pectin. Personally I think it just dries up and is drying to the scalp which could be good if you have a lot of sebum(otherwise use aloe or something) and has some other good properties antibacterial antifungal etc.

thank you for your input
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:36 pm

When I made a lithium chloride topical recently I added it to sea kelp bioferment (by adding the lithium chloride to water first). From looking at Nid's site (currently in development) I see he is going to be selling it:

http://hairevo.com/shop/38-marine-seakelp-bioferment-2-ounces.html

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:47 pm

what is the benefit of acv other than removing sebum?

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 pm

well topically removing sebum could also remove dht that is in the sebum I get acne occasionally on the temples(where all of my loss is)ACV and cayenne help a lot. ACV is antifungal if you believe that would help since people seem to believe ketaconazole(nizoral) and miconazole nitrate both antifungals work for hairloss. I definitely do not think antifungals work as well as others I hate nizoral though. ACV could be a good alternative theres a large thread on hairloss talk seems to be abandoned, Fredthebelgian seemed to give it praise here and there too.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 pm

my main worry on it was the one time I experienced hives was during the same day that i poured undiluted ACV on my scalp as a treatment for severe scalp itch. thought it might have been an allergic reaction. however I did used to wash my hair with baking soda and acv but it was dilluted like a few spoons in a couple ounce bottle.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:01 pm

wat immediately comes to mind is the topical clay.

mix some betonite clay with acv and add some TTO or GRSE, and apply and leave for 30 mins. not much proof it works but it at least would keep acv on ur head for long periods.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:27 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:what is the benefit of acv other than removing sebum?

no idea honestly. i just read one person said they had regrowth from it and i'm at a loss of what else to use topically at this point.. i noticed when i used it i had a lot less shedding so i can only assume its working.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:33 pm

ACV is claimed to have some antihistamine effect... antihistimines often shown inhibitory effects on the inflammatory prostaglandins, pgd2 etc... could be how its working

id try topical spironolactone... claimed to have no side effects

antagonist of the androgen receptor in addition to inhibiting androgen production

if you are just flat out against synthetic antiandrogen pharmaceuticals even topically you could try a bayberry extract. in mice topical bayberry showed a substantial dht inhibition. "old baldy" (he claims a doctor had success with it on people, but the link to the study has moved or is broken) on another forum tells how to make it, or there is always the waseda instructions

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:14 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:ACV is claimed to have some antihistamine effect... antihistimines often shown inhibitory effects on the inflammatory prostaglandins, pgd2 etc... could be how its working

id try topical spironolactone... claimed to have no side effects

antagonist of the androgen receptor in addition to inhibiting androgen production

if you are just flat out against synthetic antiandrogen pharmaceuticals even topically you could try a bayberry extract. in mice topical bayberry showed a substantial dht inhibition. "old baldy" (he claims a doctor had success with it on people, but the link to the study has moved or is broken) on another forum tells how to make it, or there is always the waseda instructions

cool, thanks for the tips man. yeah, i've recently started having crazy shedding which is no good. but i guess it's kinda good for me since i've been dealing with propecia side effects for a while now even though i was only on the drug shortly... i'm starting to turn my DHT back on, but this is just a bad situation for now ugh.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:17 pm

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateShedding6-08.html

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateShedding6-08.html

hey man, thank you very much for this. i'm definitely going to do those things there.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Law, do you know if its okay to mix topicals together and apply them to the scalp? Something like aloe vera + emu oil + ACV + salt water or something similar just to avoid adding different things at different times?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 pm

sanderson wrote:Law, do you know if its okay to mix topicals together and apply them to the scalp? Something like aloe vera + emu oil + ACV + salt water or something similar just to avoid adding different things at different times?

Those particular ingredients should mix well. However, the salt water may cause some irritation (think when you sweat hard, the sweat evaporates, and you have a film of salt on your skin).

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down