Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977

4 posters

Go down

New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 Empty New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977

Post  dudebro Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 am

hey I'm pretty much new here, so i do not know everything that has been established as "known fact"... and honestly i suck at deciphering research articles. I'm 19 but i should get in the habit of reading more to make my own definite opinions. matter of fact i just wanted to know what you guys thought about the results.

deals with hair loss due to inflammation and reversal of this inflammation though REDUCING circulation throughout the scalp.. which seemed odd to me

i can't post any links yet so just copy n paste i guess

researchgate.net/publication/22979029_New_treatment_for_seborrheic_alopecia_the_ligature_of_the_arteries_of_the_scalp

dudebro

Back to top Go down

New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 Empty Re: New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977

Post  dudebro Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:09 am

seems like the opposite of what everyone advocates by increasing circulation to nourish the follicles.. this study i think is saying that cutting off the scalp from blood also stops the blood from delivering androgens to the scalp... clearly 2 opposing views, but do both have validity?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977 Empty Re: New treatment for seborrheic alopecia: the ligature of the arteries of the scalp. 1977

Post  987 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:58 am

dudebro wrote:seems like the opposite of what everyone advocates by increasing circulation to nourish the follicles.. this study i think is saying that cutting off the scalp from blood also stops the blood from delivering androgens to the scalp... clearly 2 opposing views, but do both have validity?

I didnt read through the link thoroughly so correct me if im missing something but the androgen's will still get there if they are present in the blood unless you cut them off to a point to where almost no blood was reaching the head at all, which would be stupid considering that in itself will kill hair follicles and starve other cells, like the brain... Also dht can be created localized in the scalp tissue, the hypoxia may just be preventing other good nutrients and growth factors from getting to the hair in appropriate amounts that are counter effective against dhts negative influence in the scalp... Besides as mentioned often on this site, I dont think androgen's are the problem, and I am no longer signed onto the belief system of aggressively lowering androgens. We are men, we are supposed to be androgenic. I think its really m ore about the aging imbalance of the androgen's along with other deficiencies and environmental/dietary inflammatory issues that are the real problem. Main stream seems to only focus on androgen's for example, and its why there are horrible drugs out there like propecia. They're always trying to temporarily cure us to continually get our money without really curing us... If they admitted all the other real mechanisms in hair loss they'd also have to cure cancer, heart problems, obesity, diabetes etc in the process, and in order to do that it would not only massively shut down most of big pharma's profits, but also the profits of the big food industries and be counter productive to any type of other agendas in place that I wont mention. Sorry to ramble lol

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:54 am

J987 wrote:
dudebro wrote:seems like the opposite of what everyone advocates by increasing circulation to nourish the follicles.. this study i think is saying that cutting off the scalp from blood also stops the blood from delivering androgens to the scalp... clearly 2 opposing views, but do both have validity?

I didnt read through the link thoroughly so correct me if im missing something but the androgen's will still get there if they are present in the blood unless you cut them off to a point to where almost no blood was reaching the head at all, which would be stupid considering that in itself will kill hair follicles and starve other cells, like the brain... Also dht can be created localized in the scalp tissue, the hypoxia may just be preventing other good nutrients and growth factors from getting to the hair in appropriate amounts that are counter effective against dhts negative influence in the scalp... Besides as mentioned often on this site, I dont think androgen's are the problem, and I am no longer signed onto the belief system of aggressively lowering androgens. We are men, we are supposed to be androgenic. I think its really m ore about the aging imbalance of the androgen's along with other deficiencies and environmental/dietary inflammatory issues that are the real problem. Main stream seems to only focus on androgen's for example, and its why there are horrible drugs out there like propecia. They're always trying to temporarily cure us to continually get our money without really curing us... If they admitted all the other real mechanisms in hair loss they'd also have to cure cancer, heart problems, obesity, diabetes etc in the process, and in order to do that it would not only massively shut down most of big pharma's profits, but also the profits of the big food industries and be counter productive to any type of other agendas in place that I wont mention. Sorry to ramble lol

in this study, they simply reduced blood flow through a messy surgery, to supposedly slow the deliverance of androgens. but i agree with you that there has to be something more positive about increased circulation that helps clear inflammation, which could be caused by dht not being properly removed from the scalp. i completely agree we are supposed to be very androgenic, i just think that overtime the human body has built up an imbalance of androgens in the scalp or lack of nutrients reaching the scalp. too bad you can't make money actually selling cures rather than treatments.. its kind of sad how people go out of their way to conceal the truth to make a few bucks. but hey money makes the world go round. I'm surprised they havnt banned congregating about hair loss online yet haha however desperateness usually does come through in finding a cure, only time will tell

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:19 am

some have thought this implicates circulation as a non factor or of increased circulation as a non factor, but it is really what action < reaction said earlier. it just means the issue is microcirculation. cutting off the bulk blood flow I believe can stimulation a proliferation of new blood vessels

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 pm

"but i agree with you that there has to be something more positive about increased circulation that helps clear inflammation, which could be caused by dht not being properly removed from the scalp"

DHT can cause a whole range of problems. For one, when the cell utilizes more oxygen, a biproduct of this oxygen usage is waste carbon dioxide (or carbon acid gas). If it's true that DHT causes some sort of obstruction within the cell wall or causes it to contract, then it may be true that the cell has difficulty releasing these carbon acid gases (esp when the heart rate slows down), and they cause an inflammatory effect.

Circulation does clear the inflammation, as the inflammation is caused by C02 gases trapped within the cell wall. So when these C02 gases are cleared, the inflammation dissipates.

Carbon acid gases are one of the main culprits in the onset of MPB, but this only occurs if DHT is present within the cell.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 pm

P.S. Here's some more info on respiratory acidosis:

"Respiratory acidosis is a medical condition in which decreased ventilation (hypoventilation) causes increased blood carbon dioxide concentration and decreased pH (a condition generally called acidosis)."

"Carbon dioxide is produced constantly as the body's cells respire, and this CO2 will accumulate rapidly if the lungs do not adequately expel it through alveolar ventilation. Alveolar hypoventilation thus leads to an increased PaCO2 (called hypercapnia). The increase in PaCO2 in turn decreases the PaCO2/HCO3− ratio and decreases pH."

"Metabolism rapidly generates a large quantity of volatile acid (H2CO3) and nonvolatile acid. The metabolism of fats and carbohydrates leads to the formation of a large amount of CO2. The CO2 combines with H2O to form carbonic acid (H2CO3). The lungs normally excrete the volatile fraction through ventilation, and acid accumulation does not occur. A significant alteration in ventilation that affects elimination of CO2 can cause a respiratory acid-base disorder. The PaCO2 is maintained within a range of 39-41 mm Hg in normal states."

So, when there is an issue with the cells of the galea releasing carbonic acids, acidosis forms within the cell and inflammation results. And as I previously stated, DHT seems to be a major culprit in obstructing the release of these acids.

ETA: This is why walking is supremely important in order to clear these acids from the galea, as gentle exercise does not produce as much metabolic acids as strenuous exercise does. Also, it's very important that you get plenty of sleep because tiredness / exhaustion causes oxygen debt to cells, which leads to further C02 acidosis within the follicles of the galea. When oxygen levels are restored, then blood alkalinity is restored and ph levels becomes balanced.

I must also add, until DHT levels are naturally lowered, then the follicles of the galea will always be susceptible to C02 acid accumulation.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down