Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
How much does it cost to conduct a study? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How much does it cost to conduct a study?

4 posters

Go down

How much does it cost to conduct a study? Empty How much does it cost to conduct a study?

Post  SlowMoe Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 am

I am wondering if it would be feasible to collectively fund a placebo controlled study aimed at resolving some key questions we have about hair loss. I know I would be willing to chip in a couple bills if it could get us some TRUSTWORTHY answers. I just really don't know how to even go about doing something like that...
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

How much does it cost to conduct a study? Empty Re: How much does it cost to conduct a study?

Post  FATE Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Why don't we just conduct one on/through Immortal Hair Fourm?
I'm guessing nearly everyone will take part!
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

How much does it cost to conduct a study? Empty Re: How much does it cost to conduct a study?

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

What exactly do you have in mind?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 am

Didn't put a whole lot of thought into it.. I was hoping that collectively, we can come up with some really great ideas.
My theory is that a tight scalp and deficient circulatory system choke off nutrient rich blood to the scalp. I think it's obvious that hormones and nutrition play a role, but I think that getting a normal blood supply to the papillae is the key step.

I would like to somehow quantify the scalp circulatory health of someone with MPB vs someone with a full head if hair. Or even in the balding area vs the adjacent full area on the same person. Also take hair counts.

Next introduce circulatory enhancing excersizes such as toweling, brushing, massage, violet ray, etc. Then re measuring circulatory health and hair count.

Mist studies simply state that there is an increase or decrease in hair or circulatory function. I would like to quantify these things, so that we can make a sure footed step in the right direction.

SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:52 am

To be honest I think this forum is too obsessed with studies and science. We're getting real life results so I dont see the point in a study to prove what we all know anyway.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 am

I feel ya.
It appear that circulation enhancing exercises are working, but there are still a lot if unknowns..

-Is it working because if increased circulation alone?
-Is it working through angiogenesis?
-Are there methods of speeding up the process if angiogenesis if it is the key?
-What is the best way to "jump start" the papilla to begin producing terminal hair?

I know that some of us seem to be getting good results, but it is kind of early to see what the final outcome will be. As if now I only know of one person who claims to have regrown a full head if hair from severe balding (papilla power) and I really don't know much about his story.

I just think that if we had some hard scientific evidence, it would be alot easier for guys to take the leap of faith and commit to this for years.
But maybe if we really got to the TRUE root of the problem, we could come up with an even better/ quicker method.
Plus it would be nice to have some scientific proof for the naysayers.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 am

Quicker than regrowth within one week? We've found the cure, dont worry about anyone else who needs more proof.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:25 am

hellwig wrote:Quicker than regrowth within one week? We've found the cure, dont worry about anyone else who needs more proof.
Yeah but how long will it take for someone who is 50 percent or more bald to regrow all of their hair? 2,3,5 years? Honestly I would love to get to bottom of things; if temporary hypoxia is the key, can we develop a method to speed up the process

what is the ideal amount of time for the tissue to stay in a state of hypoxia compared to being flooded with oxygen? What methods are most effective at producing these teo states? Im sure it wouldnt be that hard to figure out. Surely what we are doing is just the tip of the iceberg.
If 3 minutes of toweling a day is effective, what about something that accomplishes a similar goal for an hour or so while we sit on the couch. Seems like just the tip of the iceberg. I could be way off though?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm

SlowMoe wrote:
If 3 minutes of toweling a day is effective, what about something that accomplishes a similar goal for an hour or so while we sit on the couch. Seems like just the tip of the iceberg. I could be way off though?

Great point Slowmoe!
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:33 am

Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)
  SlowMoe Yesterday at 8:37 am
I notced that after I do the towel exercise, my head feels invigorated and tingly all over. When I run my hand across my head immediately after toweling, my scalp turns white from the pressure in the localized spot where my fingers are then, immediately after, my scalp returns to a red color accompanied my a warm tingly rus feeling which I assume is the blood rushing back into the scalp.
If my assumption is correct, the act of massage does, in fact, cause a state of scarce blood (hypoxia?) in the scalp, immediately followed by a rush of blood back into the area that had just been towelled, hence the tingle felt afterwards; the blood rushing into the area.

My question is, is it the friction causing the rush of blood into the scalp, the pressure being applied forcing the blood out or what. When I push on the top of my head for 3 minutes or so then let go, I don't notice a rush, like if I towel, or release a torniquate (sp?) from around my arm.

I guess my goal here us to find out what the process is that actually causes the hair to grow again, then improve upon it.

My guess is that toweling pushes the blood away from the scalp, while causing a demand for the blood via friction, by causing the capillaries to open up wider to allow blood to flow in easier. Then, when toweling is complete, the blood just rushes into the wide open capillaries, giving you the rush.

If this is accurate, then maybe the process can be improved upon by somehow applying 4 or 5 subsequent sessions, after the rush goes away. Or maybe by extending the hypoxic condition further to maximize the capillary dilation, then introducing a stronger rush of blood ( inversion).

This is where a scientific study would be very beneficial; finding the optimal hypoxic time frame vs. Recovery time, and if repeat sessions in one day would be beneficial; measuring the angiogenesis rate for several different scenarios.

SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 am

My plan is to do the towel rub for as long as I can (4 minutes at least) then hit the inversion table for ten minutes. I just hope that beyond 3 minutes of toweling, that the effect doesn't become degenerative by causing the tissue to be in a hypoxic state for too long.
I'm thinking that isn't the case though.
IMO if I could Find a way to rub for 5-10 minutes without my arms getting tired the effect would be even better.

I bet a study based on the angiogenesis theory would be well worth it. If a couple hundred people donated a couple hundred bucks each that should get us somewhere, eh?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:05 am

If a couple hundred people donated a couple hundred bucks each that should get us somewhere, eh?

Good luck, lol.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down