Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING!

+2
imprisoned-radical
teyfar
6 posters

Go down

stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! Empty stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING!

Post  teyfar Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 am

After looking through posts on this forum I got the impression that Keto was not something 'good' or 'healthy' to be on... or at least in the long term?

But I feel now that it was probably helping my hair quite a bit. I've been off it for 4-6 months (after using it for over a year) and it has been downhill ever since, while I felt like when I was on it, things were improving. Only 1% a few times a week, but it definitely seemed to have a cooling healing effect.

Whats up guys! What can I do naturally that Keto was doing on my scalp? No one really knows the 'method of action' or whatever they call it so maybe thats a hard question to answer. Something hormonal/fungal/anti-inflammatory at the same time? I've heard CS suggest lithium and DMSO, but I have a hunch Keto was doing something that that combination will not do. Any clues or experience in that direction?

Anyways, convince me not to go back on it, 'cause I'm temped!

teyfar

Back to top Go down

stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! Empty Re: stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING!

Post  imprisoned-radical Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:44 am

Baking soda is supposed to be an effective anti-fungal because of its alkaline pH. (ketaconazole is also an anti-fungal agent).

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING! Empty Re: stopped using Ketoconazole... SHEDING!

Post  ubraj Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 am

FWIW, don't use topical baking soda for longer than a brief period. It's high PH will throw off the natural acidic PH of the skin and will actually cause fungal infections.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 am

Is using Nizoral really something we need to worry about?. Can much Ketoconazole be absorbed systemically?.

It's possibly the best shampoo for hair loss out there..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  teyfar Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm

I do agree, it seems to be one of the few things I've come across that makes a noticeable difference. BUT... my concern is with long term use...

1) Health/absorption
2) Will it continue to work for an additional year or two? Or do its effects start to wear?
3) Do hairs become dependent on it, like getting stuck having to take minoxidil for life once you start.
4) Worst case scenario... hairs become dependent and effects start to wear. So in the long term you've basically screwed yourself by using it, though in the first few years things seemed great.

Could it be viable to use it for a few more years until some of these future treatments start coming out like CB-03-01. But then what happens when you are on those for a few years. No one knows. You're faced with the same dilemma all over again... I guess thats the whole point to trying to figure out your health. Its a long term battle, and fixing health and internal stuff is the only sustainable approach (which I am also working on)...

THAT said... Anyone have experience with using it for years and years? Or anyone who has stopped and started with it? What do you guys think. Any studies?

Much thanks y'all

teyfar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Yeah I've been using daily keto (1%) and have noticed little or no dandruff and a fraction of the inflammation. No news on its effects on hair loss yet.

I have been taking fairly strong milk thistle daily to protect my liver from it, but only because I had the milk thistle tabs lying around anyway Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Decro435 wrote:Is using Nizoral really something we need to worry about?. Can much Ketoconazole be absorbed systemically?.

It's possibly the best shampoo for hair loss out there..

i had extremely mild gynecomastia. nizoral made it flare up. it's definitely doing something on a hormonal level, for me at least. sacked it off right away.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down