Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New Ray Peat Discussion thread EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New Ray Peat Discussion thread

+67
Zaphod
hairisthickening
MikeBison
JDawg
DeadlyDevice
xztop123
Orchid
shaadoe
a
LawOfThelema
Columbo
zerx
helpmyhair1
ubraj
fredounet
Kiran
dreft
Cool_Loser
ppm
AS54
gbp2000
tonyj
Lambaugh
dadon
TravisB
IzzyS
DepthInValor
Nanas
MrSparkle
LittleFighter
Lurx
Martin86
jasari24
Delphine
hadrion
Glacier
MAO
hapyman
genericless
crysanthium
randle20
lambyjay
br2011
Espio
Just_A_Signal
unfortunate
elan164
masterfree
whodathunkit
Yanks
Hoppipolla
9rugrats5
j87x
Lw
Le'Naturale
imprisoned-radical
thissucks
bh2o
scottyc33
JohnnyG
CausticSymmetry
Red beard
granger451
tooyoung
smudger
sdguy
abc123
71 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

New Ray Peat Discussion thread Empty New Ray Peat Discussion thread

Post  abc123 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Continued from here: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t6732-hair-like-a-fox-book-review

About a year ago I purchased “The Healthy Hair Diet”, a book which gave me the dietary tools to halt my hair loss. Today I received my free copy of “Hair Like a Fox”, a Ray Peat inspired pro-hair and pro-metabolism diet book written by the same author Danny Roddy, which I have been highly anticipating.

New Ray Peat Discussion thread 7YNYb

Content
The main premise of this book is that the primary cause of hair loss is a disharmony of anti-hair hormones cortisol, estrogen, prolactin, serotonin, and aldosterone and that it can be halted naturally without drugs or a major supplement program. The books main goal is to show you how to harmonize these anti-hair hormones with diet alone while optimizing pro-hair hormones such as thyroid, pregnenolone, dhea, progesterone, and testosterone. The information is presented with great visuals and a straight forward no bullshit writing style. The author could have easily fluffed out the book to two hundred pages but it gets to the point quickly and concisely.

The rational of the book is based mainly on the work of Ray Peat but the author uses many of his own references to support his conclusions. The diet is not based on the illogical reasoning of, “cave man ate xyz therefore xyz is the best food because evolution says so.” that you see so often on the internet these days.

Hair Like a Fox covers many pro-hair nutritional strategies such as how to optimize thyroid hormone production, how to reduce harmful endotoxin, which foods to eat for pro-hair nutrients, the best ratio of macronutrients, the safest fats to eat, the best sources of protein, how to optimize digestion and much more. The book is extremely practical and the reader will walk away with the knowledge of what he should be eating for hair and why, and what he should avoid like the plague for hair and why.

As a book explaining a dietary approach to halt hair loss it hits the mark I cannot think of any critique apart the sample meal plans potentially being too boring for most people to follow. Aside from that, I would have liked to have seen more discussion on other Ray Peat inspired therapies such as daily aspirin, topical caffeine/dhea, and methods to increase the protective CO2. A more in depth trouble shoot guide may have also been needed, such as why one may get a “sugar crash” or how to exercise in a non-stress inducing manner.

My experience
If I could go back in time and visit myself when I was a 16 year old, apart from telling myself to create a social networking site called facebook, I would have handed myself a copy of Hair Like a Fox.

My improvements after six months on the diet are as follows:

Hair line remains stable and crown is becoming more dense
Decreased anxiety
Normalized sleep
Elimination of hypoglycaemia
Increased clarity of thinking
Increased libido
Muscle gain
Tighter and softer skin
Increased metabolism (On a high fat low carb paleo diet fat gain for me occurred at roughly 3500 daily calories, on a Hair Like a Fox diet I cannot gain a shred of body fat while eating to an almost vomit inducing satiety level at around 4250 daily calories. Unfortunately at the moment I am awaiting my impending obesity and type two diabetes due to my 350g/day fructose intake absent of nature’s "protective" fibre -

)
Elimination of dandruff
Elimination of acne

Reasons to buy the book

Hair like a Fox is the best summary of Ray Peat’s work I have seen on the internet. Not only that, it is the only interpretation of Ray Peat’s work available as applied to hair loss. From my perspective, there are two main reasons why one would buy this book.

Firstly, the book is a magnificent time saver for those who do not know of Ray Peat and for those who do not have a background in science. The majority of information in this book is gathered from Raypeat.com articles and several radio interviews of Ray Peat. For me personally, although it was time well spent, spending thirty to forty hours going through these information sources was not a labour of love. If Hair like a Fox was available to me when I first started learning about Ray Peat’s work I would of much rather bought the book and saved the large amount of time required to educate myself.

Secondly, related to the previous point, Hair Like a Fox serves as a great guide for a layman on how to implement and understand Ray Peats work. Ray Peat’s articles are primarily discussions and rather void of specific recommendations therefore it can take quite a lot of effort to determine how to construct a pro-hair diet. Hair Like a Fox not only provides a straight forward diet plan but also provides a layman’s understanding of how certain foods will create an anti-stress and pro-hair environment in your body. This understanding, while not necessary for success, is crucial for long term compliance to the diet.

In conclusion, Hair like a Fox is a great layman’s summary of Ray Peat’s work and how it particularly applies to hair with practical information on how to implement it. If you are losing the hair loss battle or having other unresolved health problems I would recommend you try this book.

I am still out to lunch on Peat's EFA theories, but think the majority of his work is brilliant. Anyone who is interested in discussing his philosophy is welcome to post here. I will try to answer any beginner questions for people new to the diet.

Interesting links: (still building this)
EFA
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=354387
Orange Juice
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/30/6/1406.full
http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/citrus/presentations/Wednesday/PM/0335%20Cesar.pdf

Last edited by abc123 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

abc123

Back to top Go down

New Ray Peat Discussion thread Empty Re: New Ray Peat Discussion thread

Post  sdguy Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:51 pm

I like the way you limit sugar by only getting it through OJ. At first Danny's sugary milk was kinda nice but I'm starting to get sick of it at every meal. When I'm finished with the current gallon I'm going to primarily get it from the OJ.

What are Peat's views on other sweets like chocolate (mostly dark) and things like hard candy?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:05 pm

sdguy wrote:I like the way you limit sugar by only getting it through OJ. At first Danny's sugary milk was kinda nice but I'm starting to get sick of it at every meal. When I'm finished with the current gallon I'm going to primarily get it from the OJ.

What are Peat's views on other sweets like chocolate (mostly dark) and things like hard candy?

I grew tired of the sugary milk too and just eat it as is. If I am going to drink OJ and milk at the same meal I would prefer if their flavour was not so similar.

Even living in the tropics, there are many possibilities for diets rich in signal-disrupting substances, including iron, and in high latitudes there are opportunities for reducing our exposure to them. As a source of protein, milk is uniquely low in its iron content. Potatoes, because of the high quality of their protein, are probably relatively free of toxic signal-substances. Many tropical fruits, besides having relatively saturated fats, are also low in iron, and often contain important quantities of amino acids and proteins. In this context, Jeanne Calment's life-long, daily consumption of chocolate comes to mind: As she approaches her 121st birthday, she is still eating chocolate, though she has stopped smoking and drinking wine. The saturated fats in chocolate have been found to block the toxicity of oils rich in linoleic acid, and its odd proteins seem to have an anabolic action.

I think Peat is a fan of chocolate, but has general problems with some of the ingredients (soy, carageenan, etc). I recall reading somewhere that he thinks the the amino acid profile of chocolate is similar to an egg, and therefore should be eaten with sugar etc.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  smudger Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi abc,

Thanks for taking the time to post about your experiences with and thoughts on Ray Peat's work.

You mentioned improved (or normalized?) sleep as one of the benefits you've experienced. In what way was it improved?

I've been struggling with sleep apnea for the past several years and, it might be wishful thinking, but I was wondering whether there might be anything I could do in terms of diet that might have a beneficial effect.

This is a bit off topic but I watched a fascinating lecture on youtube a while back by a Dr. Gominak, who is a neuroscientist I think, on the links between sleep disorders and low B12 and D3 levels. Apparently, the part of the brain responsible for regulating sleep paralysis has a whole load of D3 receptors and Dr. Gominak was able to cure many of her patients of sleep apnea by normalizing their D3 levels. I think B12 levels were also crucial in their recovery.

With its focus on optimizing various hormone levels, I wonder whether elements of HLAF might have a beneficial effect on these kind of conditions.

Cheers!

smudger

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:16 pm

smudger - Peat likes gelatin for improving sleep

For years I hadn't slept through a whole night without waking, and I was in the habit of having some juice or a little thyroid to help me go back to sleep. The first time I had several grams of gelatin just before bedtime, I slept without interruption for about 9 hours. I mentioned this effect to some friends, and later they told me that friends and relatives of theirs had recovered from long-standing pain problems (arthritic and rheumatic and possibly neurological) in just a few days after taking 10 or 15 grams of gelatin each day.

Glycine is recognized as an “inhibitory” neurotransmitter, and promotes natural sleep.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  smudger Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:33 pm

That's great too young, very interesting, thanks. I'll definitely give it a whirl.

BTW, does anyone know of any good sources for gelatin that deliver internationally?

I live in Japan and iHerb will deliver Now's Beef Gelatin in capsule form but unfortunately the big bulk bags are prohibited. Great Lakes only seem to deliver within the states.

Otherwise I reckon I might be able to find some at an Asian (that is, not Japanese) supermarket over here.

smudger

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:45 pm

smudger wrote:Hi abc,

Thanks for taking the time to post about your experiences with and thoughts on Ray Peat's work.

You mentioned improved (or normalized?) sleep as one of the benefits you've experienced. In what way was it improved?

I used to wake up 20-50m after I went to sleep with a pounding heart, often I would sleep walk. Peat says this is a stress reaction to squeeze glycogen out of the liver. To cure this, orange juice, milk, gelatin, and salt are all good to have before bed. I'm now out like a rock for 8-9hrs a night.

I have no idea if any of this would help with sleep apnea or not.

I've been struggling with sleep apnea for the past several years and, it might be wishful thinking, but I was wondering whether there might be anything I could do in terms of diet that might have a beneficial effect.

This is a bit off topic but I watched a fascinating lecture on youtube a while back by a Dr. Gominak, who is a neuroscientist I think, on the links between sleep disorders and low B12 and D3 levels. Apparently, the part of the brain responsible for regulating sleep paralysis has a whole load of D3 receptors and Dr. Gominak was able to cure many of her patients of sleep apnea by normalizing their D3 levels. I think B12 levels were also crucial in their recovery.

Perhaps you could post this lecture? I get sleep paralysis about once a month, other than that everything is fine. My diet is quite high in b12 and my D levels are high.

With its focus on optimizing various hormone levels, I wonder whether elements of HLAF might have a beneficial effect on these kind of conditions.

Cheers!

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Peat recommends Great Lakes gelatin I believe.

I think ABC said to me before it probably doesn't matter a great deal about brand although I'm not sure if he still sticks by that.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 pm

smudger wrote:That's great too young, very interesting, thanks. I'll definitely give it a whirl.

BTW, does anyone know of any good sources for gelatin that deliver internationally?

I live in Japan and iHerb will deliver Now's Beef Gelatin in capsule form but unfortunately the big bulk bags are prohibited. Great Lakes only seem to deliver within the states.

Otherwise I reckon I might be able to find some at an Asian (that is, not Japanese) supermarket over here.

Was going to recommend Now's Beef Gelatin. I think really any large brand in a supermarket is fine as long as it has no other ingredients than "beef skin". I personally get http://gelita.com/ which is a huge company, I would be surprised if they don't have a product in Japan.

I suppose you could always make your own broth from chicken feet. It works out just as cheap, just time consuming.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  granger451 Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Apologies for the lenght of this post in advance:

I think i will definately try this. His and CS philosophy seem to have very much in common from the 10,000 foot view. Although they might have different methadologies, both try to optimize throid and cortisol and directly attribute this as causitive in Male pattern baldness. Both specifically write about optimization/minimization of Estrogen & prolactin.

However im having trouble swallowing the fructose & Milk argument. Particularly milk for some reason:
Let me make the typical case against it and then point out where i get it wrong

Milk has shown to increase fasting levels of insulin. Numerous studies have pointed towards low fasting levels of insulin to be essential to life extension and may be the secret sauce behind caloric restriction. Milk also contains DHT precursors and even DHT itself that does not need to udnergo 5alpha reductase. The above arguments are also why it tends to be associated with acne. One thing i think i do seem to notice about vegans is although they are frail they do seem to have good skin. Maybe its just me
http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateMilkandDHT5-11.html

im less worried about the Fructose & Sugar component but let me make another case against it also:
The theoretical: Id envision frequent sugar consumption to trigger a chronic spike in blood-sugar levels and therefore the chronic release of insulin. Although that is probably too simplistic that doesent sound good. Does peat advocate consuming the sugar/fructose on a stand alone basis or is it important to combine it with protein source?

this is a good summary of various scientific studies making the case against fructose(taken from anthony colpo website):
http://www.anaturalhealingcenter.com/documents/Thorne/articles/fructose10-4.pdf
They implicate excess fructose in "Obesity, accelerated aging, insulin ressistence, diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver, hypertriglyceridemia, hyperuricemia, chronic diarrhea, IBS, etc." For the younger relatively lean/healthy individual the non-alcoholic fatty liver would be the most worrisome. The study doesent really seperate HFCS and other sources. The levels fed to rats & ducks to induce NAFL might be artifically high also. Not sure

His other ideas are fascinating also:
-He advocates a low tryptophan diet. This makes evolutionary sense as we used to eat the whole animal including the organs and connective tissue. Do you try to consume gelatin with your muscle meats? ABC would you say subjectively your mood improved as a result of this?

- The guy also hates serotonin almost as much as DM5 hates a rational/calm argument Smile)
You cited improved sleep, but as i understood it serotonin is required to convert to melatonin to aid in the sleep. I would think a deficiency would be the cause of poor sleep so this is interesting.

-Danny & peat don't particularly see any need for vegetables. However plant sources are a good source of phytochemics and polyphenols. "It strongly supports a role for polyphenols in the prevention of degenerative diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases and cancers. The antioxidant properties of polyphenols have been widely studied, but it has become clear that the mechanisms of action of polyphenols go beyond the modulation of oxidative stress. "
http://www.ajcn.org/content/81/1/215S.full
CS's physiology and theory in practice page cites polyphenols as beneficial. ( Ecklonia Cava)

Finally to end on a light note i thought i remember peat writing about LSD (a serotonin inhibitor)

Bill Maher: Take LSD, and Mushrooms; Steve Jobs,francis crick,beatles did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvBvWkHcJeg

Maybe we can all have a good time if we regrow our hair. Kidding Smile
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Post  Red beard Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Abc if you would, post a typical days diet. I like to ask this of anyyone thriving on a Peat diet.

Red beard

Back to top Go down

Post  granger451 Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:24 pm

my post was rife with mis-spellings but you all get the point
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 pm

granger451 wrote:Apologies for the lenght of this post in advance:

I think i will definately try this. His and CS philosophy seem to have very much in common from the 10,000 foot view. Although they might have different methadologies, both try to optimize throid and cortisol and directly attribute this as causitive in Male pattern baldness. Both specifically write about optimization/minimization of Estrogen & prolactin.

However im having trouble swallowing the fructose & Milk argument. Particularly milk for some reason:

Milk has shown to increase fasting levels of insulin. Numerous studies have pointed towards low fasting levels of insulin to be essential to life extension and may be the secret sauce behind caloric restriction. Milk also contains DHT precursors and even DHT itself that does not need to udnergo 5alpha reductase. The above arguments are also why it tends to be associated with acne. One thing i think i do seem to notice about vegans is although they are frail they do seem to have good skin. Maybe its just me

granger451 - I'm only quoting part of your question to keep it short. I agree with you, Danny and I see eye to eye with the theory of hair loss. The only difference is how we go about it.

Our diet approach is not too different, although I do not offer very exacting diet advice as you'll see here:
http://www.immortalhair.org/dietaryfactors.htm

Danny Roddy's advice on diet is much more exact.

Regarding the question about milk. In order to avoid the pitfalls of milk, it must be raw (unpasteurized) and come from pasture-fed cows only. In other words, just organic or grain-fed will never be safe.

Regarding fructose, I will eat or drink fructose containing foods without hesitation, but I worry about sugar, because of the insulin effect. One can consume approximately 50 to 100 grams of fructose without worry of fatty liver build-up depending on how much vigorous exercise is involved.

There are some ways to help reduce the fructose risk for those who are especially sensitive to it (such as those who suffer from hyperuricemia). http://healthyfixx.com/full-story/4/soda

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  granger451 Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:48 pm

CS : "Regarding the question about milk. In order to avoid the pitfalls of milk, it must be raw (unpasteurized) and come from pasture-fed cows only. In other words, just organic or grain-fed will never be safe."

Thanks, i agree. I went to go buy OJ and filter it Danny roddy style . Turns out in illinois its illegal to sell unpasteurized products. Around these neck of the woods, If one drinks milk and wants the good stuff you gotta go straight to the farmer.
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Post  smudger Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:24 pm

I used to wake up 20-50m after I went to sleep with a pounding heart, often I would sleep walk. Peat says this is a stress reaction to squeeze glycogen out of the liver. To cure this, orange juice, milk, gelatin, and salt are all good to have before bed. I'm now out like a rock for 8-9hrs a night.

Thanks abc. Actually I have very similar symptoms minus the sleep walking. But I do often wake up with a pounding heart after an apnea episode. I'll give the gelatin a try and see if I get any improvements.

Regarding salt before bed, how much do you take?

Many thanks

smudger

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyG Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
granger451 wrote:
Regarding the question about milk. In order to avoid the pitfalls of milk, it must be raw (unpasteurized) and come from pasture-fed cows only. In other words, just organic or grain-fed will never be safe.

In my experience with milk, I couldn't tolerate grass-fed raw cow milk, but I did fine on regular pasteurized goat milk, maybe the A1, A2 dairy is more important than raw vs pasturized issue?
JohnnyG
JohnnyG

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

granger451 wrote:Apologies for the lenght of this post in advance:

im less worried about the Fructose & Sugar component but let me make another case against it also:
The theoretical: Id envision frequent sugar consumption to trigger a chronic spike in blood-sugar levels and therefore the chronic release of insulin. Although that is probably too simplistic that doesent sound good. Does peat advocate consuming the sugar/fructose on a stand alone basis or is it important to combine it with protein source?

this is a good summary of various scientific studies making the case against fructose(taken from anthony colpo website):
http://www.anaturalhealingcenter.com/documents/Thorne/articles/fructose10-4.pdf
They implicate excess fructose in "Obesity, accelerated aging, insulin ressistence, diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver, hypertriglyceridemia, hyperuricemia, chronic diarrhea, IBS, etc." For the younger relatively lean/healthy individual the non-alcoholic fatty liver would be the most worrisome. The study doesent really seperate HFCS and other sources. The levels fed to rats & ducks to induce NAFL might be artifically high also. Not sure

His other ideas are fascinating also:
-He advocates a low tryptophan diet. This makes evolutionary sense as we used to eat the whole animal including the organs and connective tissue. Do you try to consume gelatin with your muscle meats? ABC would you say subjectively your mood improved as a result of this?

- The guy also hates serotonin almost as much as DM5 hates a rational/calm argument Smile)
You cited improved sleep, but as i understood it serotonin is required to convert to melatonin to aid in the sleep. I would think a deficiency would be the cause of poor sleep so this is interesting.

-Danny & peat don't particularly see any need for vegetables. However plant sources are a good source of phytochemics and polyphenols. "It strongly supports a role for polyphenols in the prevention of degenerative diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases and cancers. The antioxidant properties of polyphenols have been widely studied, but it has become clear that the mechanisms of action of polyphenols go beyond the modulation of oxidative stress. "
http://www.ajcn.org/content/81/1/215S.full
CS's physiology and theory in practice page cites polyphenols as beneficial. ( Ecklonia Cava)

Finally to end on a light note i thought i remember peat writing about LSD (a serotonin inhibitor)

Bill Maher: Take LSD, and Mushrooms; Steve Jobs,francis crick,beatles did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvBvWkHcJeg

Maybe we can all have a good time if we regrow our hair. Kidding Smile

I am writing a very long reply to this, it takes some time to find the references. Unfortunately I don't get paid to shoot the shit on forums. Will probably be done when I have some free time tomorrow afternoon.

smudger wrote:

Thanks abc. Actually I have very similar symptoms minus the sleep walking. But I do often wake up with a pounding heart after an apnea episode. I'll give the gelatin a try and see if I get any improvements.

Regarding salt before bed, how much do you take?

Many thanks

1 tsp

Red beard wrote:Abc if you would, post a typical days diet. I like to ask this of anyyone thriving on a Peat diet.

5L oj
3L milk
60g gelatin
20g liver

Daily. Very boring but I need quick food and don't care for anything else. You can make a peat diet tasty. I saw another RP dieter eat something like this:

Waking - fresh OJ
Breakfast - scrambled eggs with onions and green or red peppers cooked in coconut oil, milk/sugar/salt, plain coffee (milk, sugar)
Raw carrot alone
Sipped during day - milkshake (milk, ice, salt, sucrose, vanilla HG 5, hydrolyzed gelatin, egg yolks, very ripe banana)
Snack - cherries and cheese
Lunch - shrimp and zucchini sauteed in butter, coffee (milk, sugar)
Snack - chocolate gelatin bars, fresh OJ
Dinner - broth/salt/butter/mashed potatoes, custard
Prebed - milk/sugar/salt

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Red beard Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:05 am

Abc if you would, post a typical days diet. I like to ask this of anyyone thriving on a Peat diet.

5L oj
3L milk
60g gelatin
20g liver

Daily. Very boring but I need quick food and don't care for anything else. You can make a peat diet tasty. I saw another RP dieter eat something like this:

Waking - fresh OJ
Breakfast - scrambled eggs with onions and green or red peppers cooked in coconut oil, milk/sugar/salt, plain coffee (milk, sugar)
Raw carrot alone
Sipped during day - milkshake (milk, ice, salt, sucrose, vanilla HG 5, hydrolyzed gelatin, egg yolks, very ripe banana)
Snack - cherries and cheese
Lunch - shrimp and zucchini sauteed in butter, coffee (milk, sugar)
Snack - chocolate gelatin bars, fresh OJ
Dinner - broth/salt/butter/mashed potatoes, custard
Prebed - milk/sugar/salt

So you drink over two gallons a day of OJ/Milk and you are as lean as that photo you posted?!

Also, that was me who asked Rob about his diet. Wink

Red beard

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:20 am

@JohnnyG for the first week or so of using raw grass-fed milk I was running to the bathroom and wondering why I was paying extra for this hassle. But after that your body acclimates and tolerates the bacteria very well. How long did you try it?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:23 am

I am extremely skeptical of the milk and white sugar recommendations.

Conventional milk is awful.

CS said: "Regarding the question about milk. In order to avoid the pitfalls of milk, it must be raw (unpasteurized) and come from pasture-fed cows only. In other words, just organic or grain-fed will never be safe."

Therein lies a large problem with the dietary recommendations. Good luck finding raw milk anywhere. It's illegal in most places.

I'll pass on the pasteurized, rBGH laden crap. Eliminate acne? No way.

Personally I think, if there are hair benefits from this diet they are probably driven by AVOIDANCE of PUFAs and other crap. Consuming copious amounts of liver and coconut oil, no doubt helps as well.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:35 am

I second scottyc33 - Avoiding fried foods and foods that contained refined vegetable oils is essential, if you do nothing else.

If the food is packaged and contains partially hydrogenated vegetable oil or anything hydrogenated, I will never eat it. It can remain in your body for many months.

Then cooking with any vegetable oil should be avoided.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyG Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 am

sdguy wrote:@JohnnyG for the first week or so of using raw grass-fed milk I was running to the bathroom and wondering why I was paying extra for this hassle. But after that your body acclimates and tolerates the bacteria very well. How long did you try it?

I tried it for a month, I might give another try soon, goat milk is almost twice as expensive.

JohnnyG
JohnnyG

Back to top Go down

Post  Red beard Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:34 am

scottyc33 wrote:I am extremely skeptical of the milk and white sugar recommendations.

Conventional milk is awful.

CS said: "Regarding the question about milk. In order to avoid the pitfalls of milk, it must be raw (unpasteurized) and come from pasture-fed cows only. In other words, just organic or grain-fed will never be safe."

Therein lies a large problem with the dietary recommendations. Good luck finding raw milk anywhere. It's illegal in most places.

I'll pass on the pasteurized, rBGH laden crap. Eliminate acne? No way.

Personally I think, if there are hair benefits from this diet they are probably driven by AVOIDANCE of PUFAs and other crap. Consuming copious amounts of liver and coconut oil, no doubt helps as well.

Depending on your state, its really not all that hard to find raw milk. I have two farms within a half hour that sell it and it is illegal in my state. That said i dont buy it anymore since i tolerate dairy very well and my local coop sells a grassfed pasteurized milk.

Red beard

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 am

Regarding dairy, I have been consuming at least two table spoons of full fat organic yogurt each morning and I have noticed no negative effects with my hair. It is made from pasturized milk, but perhaps the fermentation process makes it okay.

Regarding coffee, and the diet. Coffee is something, that I personally should not drink. It completely aggravates an already messed up endocrine system. Having said that, a specific diet will not work for everyone. Caustic, and others have said it, diet is very important, but "there is no one size fits all." People will see ABC's abs and say "hey, I want abs like that too, let me get on this diet", but guess what, it just doesnt work like that.

The diet has some great ideas as it targets things that are important for hair and health, but each individual must find out what works for them. Cortisol is important to control, yet someone like me cannot drink coffee and expect my cortisol to stay controlled, no matter how much sugar I put in it.

Diet is very important, but make sure is works for you as an individual and your lifestyle.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm not sure if Danny is still participating in this conversation, but I was wondering why he abandoned his previous diet? (It was comprised mostly of meat, sweet potatoes, and coconut oil IIRC) If anybody has some insight into this, that would be great.

I am curious because that is still the type of diet I follow. Is there a particular flaw to it?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next