Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Started regimen 2 days ago EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Started regimen 2 days ago

3 posters

Go down

Started regimen 2 days ago Empty Started regimen 2 days ago

Post  canuhandleit Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 am

I am a 22 year old male with a family history of balding. I am starting to see some diffuse thinning (all around my head rather than isolated) as well as random hair growth in all parts of my head. My hairline has also receded a bit in the past 2 months. I still have a full head of hair by all means, but I can't stand the idea of losing anything.

Anyways, I've taken Fin before last year for 2 months - sex drive gone.

I started saw palmetto when I noticed my first bit of real receding in August 2011 and stopped last week - sex drive gone (still recovering).

So right now I'm taking...
Vitamin K2 M-7
Trans Resveratrol
Vitamin D-3
Maca Root (to help bring my sex drive back, gotta attend to some ladies this weekend)
Curcumin 95
Ecklonia Cava Extract
NA RALA
Acetyl L Carnitine
Phosphoditylcholine
Jarrow Formulas Ashwagandha (as of today)

As more of a background, I was a heavy marijuana user for 2 years and started detoxing from that 17 days ago and plan to stay away - I have no cravings or anything of the likes fortunately. I have a history of high anxiety + stress due to outside circumstances and unfortunately over the past 1.5 years those anxiety symptoms have manifested in me physically. I have shaking, rapid heart beat, panic attacks, etc. I am hoping these supplements will help with detoxing from the marijuana as well as slowing down/stopping my hair loss. The doctor today said it was likely telogen effluvium that I'm experiencing since I've gone through some pretty stressful events and given my symptoms. She said it's possible some of it is androgenic as well but she refused to prescribe propecia (I'm not going to take it anyways).

Anyways, I have been extremely tired.... is this a common side effect? I find I am sleeping 6 hours a night versus my usual 4. Usually my anxiety wakes me up. Thoughts?

canuhandleit

Back to top Go down

Started regimen 2 days ago Empty Re: Started regimen 2 days ago

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:03 am

canuhandleit wrote:I am a 22 year old male with a family history of balding. I am starting to see some diffuse thinning (all around my head rather than isolated) as well as random hair growth in all parts of my head. My hairline has also receded a bit in the past 2 months. I still have a full head of hair by all means, but I can't stand the idea of losing anything.

I started saw palmetto when I noticed my first bit of real receding in August 2011 and stopped last week - sex drive gone (still recovering).

Vitamin K2 M-7
Trans Resveratrol
Vitamin D-3
Maca Root (to help bring my sex drive back, gotta attend to some ladies this weekend)
Curcumin 95
Ecklonia Cava Extract
NA RALA
Acetyl L Carnitine
Phosphoditylcholine

As more of a background, I was a heavy marijuana user for 2 years and started detoxing from that 17 days ago and plan to stay away - I have no cravings or anything of the likes fortunately. I have a history of high anxiety + stress due to outside circumstances and unfortunately over the past 1.5 years those anxiety symptoms have manifested in me physically. I have shaking, rapid heart beat, panic attacks, etc. I am hoping these supplements will help with detoxing from the marijuana as well as slowing down/stopping my hair loss. The doctor today said it was likely telogen effluvium that I'm experiencing since I've gone through some pretty stressful events and given my symptoms. She said it's possible some of it is androgenic as well but she refused to prescribe propecia (I'm not going to take it anyways).

Anyways, I have been extremely tired.... is this a common side effect? I find I am sleeping 6 hours a night versus my usual 4. Usually my anxiety wakes me up. Thoughts?

Most likely detoxification, which is to be expected.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  canuhandleit Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:07 am

Do you know how long I might expect the tiredness to stick around? I really need it to go away so I can work normally. I am having a hard time doing much of anything this tired, I can barely even hit the gym and I usually hit the gym 4-6 times a week.

CausticSymmetry wrote:
canuhandleit wrote:I am a 22 year old male with a family history of balding. I am starting to see some diffuse thinning (all around my head rather than isolated) as well as random hair growth in all parts of my head. My hairline has also receded a bit in the past 2 months. I still have a full head of hair by all means, but I can't stand the idea of losing anything.

Vitamin K2 M-7
Trans Resveratrol
Vitamin D-3
Curcumin 95
Ecklonia Cava Extract
NA RALA
Acetyl L Carnitine
Phosphoditylcholine

Most likely detoxification, which is to be expected.

canuhandleit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:56 am

After quitting cannabis I had pretty bad sleep problems, I think this is very normal when you have been smoking for quite a while...

How are you detoxing? I water fasted for 3 days, followed by raw juice fasting for another 2 and now have a juice breakfast and lunch, I feel great and the hair loss has slowed/nearly stopped!

FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  canuhandleit Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am

FATE? wrote:After quitting cannabis I had pretty bad sleep problems, I think this is very normal when you have been smoking for quite a while...

How are you detoxing? I water fasted for 3 days, followed by raw juice fasting for another 2 and now have a juice breakfast and lunch, I feel great and the hair loss has slowed/nearly stopped!

I fasted initially when I quit marijuana, hellish days. I still can't sleep much - oddly these supplements make me very sleepy lol. I was smoking 12-14 times a day high grade stuff so I guess my body has a lot to clear out. I'm glad I'm over that phase now. I just know this time is different since I've never made it this many days quit... without even having any cravings.

And these supplements themselves I'd say are detoxing me. My diet is cleaned up significantly when I'm not eating any munchies. I've been taking 30 minute runs or just doing something to get my heart pumping.

I haven't touched a single drug and I feel so dissociated right now, it must be the supplements.

canuhandleit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:34 am

canuhandleit wrote:I fasted initially when I quit marijuana, hellish days. I still can't sleep much - oddly these supplements make me very sleepy lol. I was smoking 12-14 times a day high grade stuff so I guess my body has a lot to clear out. I'm glad I'm over that phase now. I just know this time is different since I've never made it this many days quit... without even having any cravings.

And these supplements themselves I'd say are detoxing me. My diet is cleaned up significantly when I'm not eating any munchies. I've been taking 30 minute runs or just doing something to get my heart pumping.

I haven't touched a single drug and I feel so dissociated right now, it must be the supplements.

I have been in to psychedelics mostly and some other drugs for quite a few years, but since september I have not touched a single drug... alcohol, caffeine, recreational drugs, basically I am straight edge... seems its shroom season, I make this one exception Laughing cyclops drunken

I understand the dissociated feeling your are having confused , after two weeks straight I was much better off tho!
Did you smoke with tobacco or do you smoke tobacco now?

FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  canuhandleit Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:41 am

FATE? wrote:
canuhandleit wrote:I fasted initially when I quit marijuana, hellish days. I still can't sleep much - oddly these supplements make me very sleepy lol. I was smoking 12-14 times a day high grade stuff so I guess my body has a lot to clear out. I'm glad I'm over that phase now. I just know this time is different since I've never made it this many days quit... without even having any cravings.

I have been in to psychedelics mostly and some other drugs for quite a few years, but since september I have not touched a single drug... alcohol, caffeine, recreational drugs, basically I am straight edge... seems its shroom season, I make this one exception Laughing cyclops drunken

I understand the dissociated feeling your are having confused , after two weeks straight I was much better off tho!
Did you smoke with tobacco or do you smoke tobacco now?

I don't smoke tobacco, nope. I actually hate the smell and it gives me allergies.

canuhandleit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down