Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
hey "The Natural" EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
hey "The Natural" EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
hey "The Natural" EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
hey "The Natural" EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
hey "The Natural" EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
hey "The Natural" EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
hey "The Natural" EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
hey "The Natural" EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
hey "The Natural" EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

hey "The Natural"

+2
The Natural
Raxe
6 posters

Go down

hey "The Natural" Empty hey "The Natural"

Post  Raxe Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:14 am

What kind of doses are you taking of Curcumin/Resveratrol a day?

Thanks!

Raxe

Back to top Go down

hey "The Natural" Empty Re: hey "The Natural"

Post  The Natural Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:23 am

Raxe, I take one of each. Once a day, at the same time. But during the first couple of months on this regimen, I took two of each daily(morning and evening):

1. curcumin: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=106&at=0
2. resveratrol: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7918&at=0

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:16 am

Can you precisely tell us the benefits ?

And why CS isn't so enthousiasm with this study ?
I heard i tried Resveratrol alone, and perhaps cucumin alone, but not associed....

on the curcumin bottle , don't you think it's beter to take the bio 95 to be more absorbed...the question is silly...more bio available, costs more...

I read the italian study, do you think the dosage is good ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 am

There are many natural products available that may assist you in your battle with hair loss.

I have tried an awful lot of them. Some did not help at all (e.g. Hair Genesis, Revivogen, Maxi Hair, Shen Min's "DHT Blocker," Hair Again), while others helped some. There were several that provided real results (the old Advecia/borage & fish oil combination/Shen Min Advanced Men's formula/Applepoly) for a period, only to lose their effectiveness a few month or so thereafter.

But through these "experiments" with different products and combinations of individual herbs, I had been able to prevent any more hair loss, or at least, that was the case until earlier this year. Last January (2008), my hair loss really began to worsen (becoming see-through). Then I read a post about vitamin E (tocotrienols). I gave Jarrow's TOCO SORB a try for a month or so. And I think it slowed my hair loss, a bit.

I then added curcumin and resveratrol, after reading about a product called Capsures in another post. Within several weeks, I noticed that my dandruff completely stopped. After a month, my hair loss stabilized. I did not lose any more hair. In the subsequent months, I experienced some regrowth in all of the thinning areas. And this combination has not lost its effectiveness, on the contrary, my hair continues to improve.

I, too, have tried resveratrol and curcumin separately, and they did nothing for me. But taken together, they have really been effective.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:56 am

Any reason for choosing the jarrow res?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

hey "The Natural" Empty Curcumin and its bioavailability

Post  The Natural Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 pm

With respect to curcumin bioavailability:

1. A site (www.turmeric-curcumin.com) that states, "The use of the chemical piperine from pepper, trade-named Bioperine, was a poor attempt at increasing bioavailability at the expense of the epithelial lining of the stomach, small intestine and bowels... If you want to use capsules, make certain they DO NOT contain a pepper extract that is advertised to improve bioavailability."

2. This is from Dr. Ray Sahelian:
Q. It is my understanding, that based on prior research, that curcumin bioavailability is compromised and in turn the absorption and therapeutic blood levels are low. I also understand that various research trials are demonstrating the concurrent use of piperine, which enhances the absorption and bioavailability. I am curious if your research supports this as well and if there is any further information that you might have to support this fact.

A. We have not seen convincing research that indicates piperine is needed for curcumin absorption or bioavailability. Almost all studies with curcumin have not used any piperine, therefore we tend to understand that curcumin works well by itself.

3. Super-Bio Curcumin has received some negative feedback in different forums "unrelated" to hair loss: http://myelomahope.blogspot.com/2008/02/regimen-correction.html

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Joe,

Not really, I guess. But I did consider the following:

1. "Resveratrol exists in both trans-and cis-forms. However, published researched suggests that only the trans-form has considerable biological activity."

2. "[ConsumerLab] tested 13 brands (not including NOW, RevGenetics, among others).

Found most complied with stated resveratrol content (and most of this ~98%, was trans-resveratrol, apparently), including Jarrow, Biotiva Transmax, Swanson.

Life Extension Foundation 20 mg tabs and Young Again tabs failed- [as they contained] much less [resveratrol than is stated on the their respective bottles]."

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Wicked info, thank you!

Are you still using http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=137 ?

I'm currently taking this and I dig it.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:15 pm

I've also heard negative things about "bioperine". Apparently it messes with liver detoxification. Also, it's made out of black pepper, possibly very high in copper if you're sensitive.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

hey "The Natural" Empty Resveratrol

Post  The Natural Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:20 pm

(HealthNewsDigest.com) - WHITE PLAINS, NEW YORK ・ConsumerLab.com reported that its tests of supplements containing resveratrol a compound promoted as life-extending revealed two products providing only 27% and 58% of their listed amounts of resveratrol. A third product, which boasted several hundred milligrams of a red wine grape complex, contained only two milligrams of resveratrol. Several other products contained their listed amounts of resveratrol, although daily doses ranged from just 1 milligram to as much as 1,000 milligrams. None of the products were contaminated with lead or cadmium, which can occur in plant-based supplements.

Resveratrol products have proliferated following reports of life-extending and athletic endurance-enhancing activity in animals. Laboratory research has also shown antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and other effects. Human studies of its effectiveness have not been reported, but at least one researcher in the field, Dr. David Sinclair at Harvard Medical School, is noted as taking resveratrol personally at a dose of approximately 350 mg per day.

Along with widely ranging dosage suggestions on products, ConsumerLab.com found similar variation in the cost of resveratrol. To obtain 100 mg of resveratrol from any product, the cost ranged from as little as $0.20 to as much as $45.57 ・more than a 22,000% difference. Using the lowest cost product that passed ConsumerLab.com testing, the daily cost for a dose of 300 to 400 mg would be $0.60 to $0.80 per day. To get that dose from any of the products with single digit milligram amounts of resveratrol would be impractical requiring hundreds of pills per day and costing as much as $159. For some products, the price difference may reflect the cost of additional ingredients.

"I am not surprised that some resveratrol supplements failed to meet their ingredient claims," said Tod Cooperman, MD, President of ConsumerLab.com which has tested more than two thousand supplements since 1999. "When an ingredient quickly becomes popular as a supplement, we often see products rush to market that range widely in quality, dose, and price. There is still much to learn about resveratrol. At least now those who choose to use it can find out which products contain what they claim and which do not."

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Your welcome Joe,

Yes, I am still using the TOCO-SORB. It's great stuff!

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 pm

...and some research suggests that sesame may increase the absorption of vitamin E even more: http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/01/sesame-seeds-increase-absorption-of.html

And LEF includes sesame lignans in their formula:
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item00781/Tocotrienols-with-Sesame-Lignans.html

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Has anyone tried a homemade curcumin/resveratrol topical?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:27 am

hey natural, any info on the stated content of Country Life's Resveratrol Plus?

Here's the link to the product. Seems like a great deal compare to Jarrow's Formula. Thanks in advance.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7394&at=0

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:53 am

thenatural, nevermind. I just read the reviews on Iherb and ConsumerLab tested Country Life's Reveratrol and found the claim to be 100% accurate. It is a superior product compare to Jarrows however.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:28 am

i think that the one used by the natural is taken from the 'tiger can" which is the thing used in the italian study that shows effects on hair loss....to be verified....

the natural , feedback please.....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 am

oops....My mistake, it seems that in the both poduct, there's 100 mg of Polygonum cuspidatum....laelled tiger cane for one, and Knotweed extract for the other...)

But in one they get 100 mg of resver due to 200 mg of root
and the other 100 mg of resver due to 500 mg of the same root ( 20 %)

Generally, the same thing has the same amount in % of extract....( ex : borage oil : 20-23 % og GLA )

but here : 20 % of resev versus 50 % of resver

search the error....any thought ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down