Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyThu May 16, 2024 4:01 pm by Atlas

» zombie cells
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyFri May 10, 2024 3:54 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 6:45 am by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 1:18 pm by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 1:07 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 2:40 am by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptySat May 04, 2024 7:56 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyThu May 02, 2024 12:25 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation

+3
Joejoebaggins
CausticSymmetry
rjfnyu
7 posters

Go down

Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation Empty Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation

Post  rjfnyu Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:20 pm

I am curious what your opinions are on taking supplements like methionine or TMG when exhibiting symptoms of histadelia. Are the risks high?

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation Empty Re: Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:20 pm

rjfnyu - Definitely a good idea to get a diagnosis if histadelia is suspected.

TMG should be avoided, but Methionine would be beneficial since it lowers levels of histamine.

Sam-E would be good to take as well.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation Empty Re: Opinions on and risks of increasing methylation

Post  rjfnyu Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:41 pm

Why not TMG? Doesn't TMG + methionine = SAMe?

Thank you

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:44 pm

rjfnyu - Theoretically Trimethylglycine will make Sam-E, but it's not guaranteed, additionally it is a super methylator.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:rjfnyu - Theoretically Trimethylglycine will make Sam-E, but it's not guaranteed, additionally it is a super methylator.

Can you explain a little more IH, I use TMG as an adjunct to SAMe. TMG is good for the liver and adrenals why avoid? Are you saying it's overkill?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:42 am

Joejoebaggins - If over methylation is a problem, then trimethylglycine may present a problem because when trimethylglycine loses a methyl group to homocysteine, it gets converted to dimethylglycine (DMG) and this would something to avoid with overmethylation.

Taking straight Sam-E would be safer.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Recently watched a podcast by Shawn from Underground Wellness featuring a Dr. Jackson, explaining the underlying causes of many neuro-immune syndromes, that being undermethylation. I had been aware of this as a factor in chronic inflammation for a while, but after hearing some of the information in this interview, I feel much more enlightened. Apparently, many children who are not breast fed (me included) develop problems with methylating folic acid (some problem with the enzyme involved) and this inability to make folic acid fat soluble leads to deficiencies in the fatty membraens of the nervous system and in T cells. The result is a compromised immune system that produces to many B cells relative to T cells, inciting systemmic inflammation triggered by many foods and environmental factors that wouldn't normally cause these reactions. I think if anyone is having a problem with chronic inflammation, this is something to do more research on.

I think methylation issues could be a much bigger problem in MPB than is maybe being considered, especially for the young guys losing it rather quickly. Could the overactive B cells in this condition be what is causing the inflammatory immune response to DHT? This could also be true, being that neuro-immune conditions also lead to mitochondrial problems, i.e. increased superoxide/peroxides, and an immune attack on the peroxiredox enzymes meant to quell these oxidizers.

Link:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/undergroundwellness/2012/03/30/neuro-immune-disorders-with-dr-tim-jackson

Also, link to a topical product, mentioned by the doctor, containing 5-MTHF, the fat soluble form of folic acid and some other methylation factors. Kind of expensive but I can't find a product that matches it, considering that oral 5-MTHF only has about a 4-6% absorption rate.

Product:
http://www.neurobiologix.com/Neuro-Immune-Stabilizer-B12-B6-Vitamin-D-Cream-p/46.htm
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:33 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Recently watched a podcast by Shawn from Underground Wellness featuring a Dr. Jackson, explaining the underlying causes of many neuro-immune syndromes, that being undermethylation. I had been aware of this as a factor in chronic inflammation for a while, but after hearing some of the information in this interview, I feel much more enlightened. Apparently, many children who are not breast fed (me included) develop problems with methylating folic acid (some problem with the enzyme involved) and this inability to make folic acid fat soluble leads to deficiencies in the fatty membraens of the nervous system and in T cells. The result is a compromised immune system that produces to many B cells relative to T cells, inciting systemmic inflammation triggered by many foods and environmental factors that wouldn't normally cause these reactions. I think if anyone is having a problem with chronic inflammation, this is something to do more research on.

I think methylation issues could be a much bigger problem in MPB than is maybe being considered, especially for the young guys losing it rather quickly. Could the overactive B cells in this condition be what is causing the inflammatory immune response to DHT? This could also be true, being that neuro-immune conditions also lead to mitochondrial problems, i.e. increased superoxide/peroxides, and an immune attack on the peroxiredox enzymes meant to quell these oxidizers.

Link:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/undergroundwellness/2012/03/30/neuro-immune-disorders-with-dr-tim-jackson

Also, link to a topical product, mentioned by the doctor, containing 5-MTHF, the fat soluble form of folic acid and some other methylation factors. Kind of expensive but I can't find a product that matches it, considering that oral 5-MTHF only has about a 4-6% absorption rate.

Product:
http://www.neurobiologix.com/Neuro-Immune-Stabilizer-B12-B6-Vitamin-D-Cream-p/46.htm

Fascinating stuff.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 pm

I know, I am obsessed with this stuff right now because I think it might help explain the impaired immune system that many of with MPB and chronic inflammation have. I mean these mutations can be brought on my emotional traumas or extreme stress, some environmental trigger. Or they can be triggered at birth from lack of breast feeding, etc.

Dr. Amy Yasko has some information on her site about Nutrigenomic Testing. Apparently it can identify any and all mutations in the related genes and give you a complete profile on your situation, including the exact foods and supplements to help bring your methylation cycle back to normal, and the immune response with it.

AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:27 pm

9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 am

In my opinion, most of the abnormalities seen in MPB is due to gut flora - that means having high levels of certain less than ideal or pathogenic bacteria in the gut, causing many problems. After years of research, this is my conclusion. That is the small difference between good skin, not losing your hair early, prostate cancer, gut problems, etc (all linked with MPB).

The gut flora influence the oilyness of your skin, that's enough to cause acne and dandruff, just to give an example. They influence how you respond to antigens, antioxidant levels, stress response and many things related to hair.

Gut inflammation and excessive histamine release seems to be common in MPBers.

That's why you lose it at a young age. Other factors, are contributors in varying degrees.

The problem is that you don't eliminate pathogens overnight and it is difficult to shift the flora, it takes time. I do have some ideas, still overlooked. Vitamin A, Vitamin D, probiotics and high levels of of certain selective phytochemicals over time might improve things a lot.

To that I would add addressing stress (with supplements too), optimal levels of every nutrient, specially minerals, toxin avoidance, etc. Of course this is a very sensible and not new recommendation.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down