Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Azoles (Keto/mico) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Azoles (Keto/mico)

+2
jk120
FireFist
6 posters

Go down

Azoles (Keto/mico) Empty Azoles (Keto/mico)

Post  FireFist Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 am

Nizoral:

Topical application of ketoconazole (Nizoral) stimulates hair growth in C3H/HeN mice.

J Dermatol. 2005 Apr;32(4):243-7.
Jiang J, Tsuboi R, Kojima Y, Ogawa H.
Department of Dermatology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo 113-8421, Japan.

Because this study was in mice and not balding men, it shows that Ketoconazole (Nizoral) has a hair growth stimulant effect separate from its ability to block the actions of male hormones.

Ketoconazole (KCZ) is an imidazole anti-fungal agent that is also effective in topical applications for treating seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff. Recently, topical use of 2% KCZ shampoo has been reported to have had a clinically therapeutic effect on androgenetic alopecia. The present study was conducted with the purpose of quantitatively examining the stimulatory effect of KCZ on hair growth in a mouse model. Coat hairs on the dorsal skin of seven week-old male C3H/HeN mice were gently clipped, and either 2% KCZ solution in 95% ethanol or a vehicle solution was topically applied once daily for three weeks. The clipped area was photographed, and the ratio of re-grown coat area was then calculated. The results demonstrated that 2% KCZ had a macroscopically significant stimulatory effect compared with the vehicle group (p<0.01, n=10). Repeated experiments showed similar effects, confirming the efficacy of KCZ as a hair growth stimulant. Although the therapeutic mechanism of topical KCZ for hair growth is unclear, our results suggest that topical applications of the substance are useful for treating seborrheic dermatitis accompanied by hair regression or male pattern hairloss

Miconazole+KCZ:

Hairloss Study Abstract: Hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol by rat prostate microsomes: potent inhibition by imidazole-type antimycotic drugs and lack of inhibition by steroid 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors.

Title
Hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol by rat prostate microsomes: potent inhibition by imidazole-type antimycotic drugs and lack of inhibition by steroid 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors.
Author
Gemzik B, Parkinson A
Address
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160-7417.
Source
Arch Biochem Biophys, 296: 2, 1992 Aug 1, 366-73
Abstract
5 alpha-Dihydrotestosterone, the principal androgen mediating prostate growth and function in the rat, is formed from testosterone by steroid 5 alpha-reductase. The inactivation of 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone involves reversible reduction to 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol by 3 beta-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase followed by 6 alpha-, 7 alpha-, or 7 beta-hydroxylation. 5 alpha-Androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation represents the ultimate inactivation step of dihydrotestosterone in rat prostate and is apparently catalyzed by a single, high-affinity (Km approximately 0.5 microM) microsomal cytochrome P450 enzyme. The present studies were designed to determine if 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation by rat prostate microsomes is inhibited by agents that are known inhibitors of androgen-metabolizing enzymes. Inhibitors of steroid 5 alpha-reductase (4-azasteroid analogs; 10 microM) or inhibitors of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase (trilostane, azastene, and cyanoketone; 10 microM) had no appreciable effect on the 6 alpha-, 7 alpha-, or 7 beta-hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol (10 microM) by rat prostate microsomes. Imidazole-type antimycotic drugs (ketoconazole, clotrimazole, and miconazole; 0.1-10 microM) all markedly inhibited 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation in a concentration-dependent manner, whereas triazole-type antimycotic drugs (fluconazole and itraconazole; 0.1-10 microM) had no inhibitory effect. The rank order of inhibitory potency of the imidazole-type antimycotic drugs was miconazole greater than clotrimazole greater than ketoconazole. In the case of clotrimazole, the inhibition was shown to be competitive in nature, with a Ki of 0.03 microM. The imidazole-type antimycotic drugs inhibited all three pathways of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation to the same extent, which provides further evidence that, in rat prostate microsomes, a single cytochrome P450 enzyme catalyzes the 6 alpha-, 7 alpha-, and 7 beta-hydroxylation of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol. These studies demonstrate that certain imidazole-type compounds are potent, competitive inhibitors of 5 alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol hydroxylation by rat prostate microsomes, which is consistent with the effect of these antimycotic drugs on cytochrome P450 enzymes involved in the metabolism of other androgens and steroids.
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Azoles (Keto/mico) Empty Re: Azoles (Keto/mico)

Post  FireFist Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 am

I'd like to know why it isnt in the Hairloss regimen please CS?

Does it stress the liver when applied? (because pores are open and some KCZ/Mico gets absorved? but isnt it a very small amount?)

Also interesting:
http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/03/2-nizoral-shampoo-increases-hair-growth.html

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/02/topical-ketoconazole-nizoral-increases.html
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  jk120 Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:00 am

I have been using Revita shampoo, which contains ketoconazole, for over a year now. I seem to notice less shedding when I use it daily also.

jk120

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 am

It probably isn't included in the regime because as I understand keto is a toxic substance. I am actually using the keto 2% cream. After initailly using once everyday, I have now switched to EOD and am rotating it with spiro 5% (had a crazy reaction to spiro one night when I was first using it but I now believe that was because I was using too much - touch wood since using it once a day EOD, I haven't had any negative reactions). The toxicity issue of keto was a concern for me hence i've decided to use it EOD. Used Mico once and it gave me a headache so have backed off and not used it since. Going to also start using Adenogen as a form of growth/thickening stimulant - very expensive for what it is, but going to use it once a day and see how things go with it. Considered Renokin but not totally convinced by it at this point in time. Going to stick to this alongside the IH6 (in my case I really think the krill oil, antioxidant boost and EC are the key supps. Will look to add decalcify along the way to)

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:51 am

I've used keto shampoo for years now and I feel it is an important adjunct to my regimen. I would be uncomfortable using a keto cream and leaving in on for hours at a time. I've read comments from others who share the same view.

As for miconazole cream, I tried it twice and only on my hairline. Btw I did leave it on overnight. But trials had the same effect. I actually lost hair. Yes you read that correctly. My hairline, which was relatively intact, actually receded when I used the miconazole cream (2%). After the first time I thought that it was all in my mind. It wasn't. So be careful.

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 am

jmoss... hair doesnt work like that

You dont recede after 2 applications of mico..(that's physically impossible)
Maybe you just imagined it, or maybe you just had a bad hair day or something, it happens sometimes...
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 am

I am a skeptic at heart and I would never have believed it myself. But it did happen. The fact that it was my hairline (which I look at every day) and not in the vertex is very important.

Any way I still use Nizoral shampoo and I would encourage others to do the same. However I thought it was important to relay to others what my experience with miconazole was.

FireFist wrote:jmoss... hair doesnt work like that

You dont recede after 2 applications of mico..(that's physically impossible)
Maybe you just imagined it, or maybe you just had a bad hair day or something, it happens sometimes...

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 pm

what do you mean you lost hair?
you lost 3-4 terminals hairs along the hairline?
you lost 25% of your hairline density over 2 mico applications?
you receded one inch further and it never came back?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 am

The temple area receded somewhat but what troubles me is the area to the immediate left and right of center. It just receded. Not by an inch but maybe 4 or 5 mm.

FireFist wrote:what do you mean you lost hair?
you lost 3-4 terminals hairs along the hairline?
you lost 25% of your hairline density over 2 mico applications?
you receded one inch further and it never came back?

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:52 am

JDP/CS why isnt Mico/Niz not in the regimen?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:52 am

Out of curiosity.. also any adverse Side effects?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 am

I'd assume its because they are drugs and not natural and lithium has been shown to outperform ketoconazole in regards to seborrheic dermatitis if my memory serves me right.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 am

Firefist, in regards to side effects, I think it was Decro (again could be wrong, all from memory) got reduced libido from using ketoconazole externally. Internally taking keto can be hard on the liver, so not advised. The sls in nizoral made my inflammation go crazy, however adding a ketoconazole cream to an sls shampoo, I no longer have this problem.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks guys..

I'll try to bump one last time for cs and jdp to gain some knowledge =)
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Does anyone know where to obtain keto powder? It would be better to mix pure keto with aloe gel or some other carrier rather than using the cream which has alcohol and other chemicals in it.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down