Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7

+6
Misirlou
hadrion
LA-Night
CausticSymmetry
gbp2000
Gromit137
10 posters

Go down

Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 Empty Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7

Post  Gromit137 Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:20 am

I just looked around the Internet ... so many articles saying it just isn't what it was cracked up to be years ago.
Useless many said ... medical/alternative sites.

Any thoughts ... not so much for hair but for muscle, fitness, energy, depression.

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 Empty Re: Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7

Post  Gromit137 Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 pm

No?

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:17 pm

Maybe stop the bumping?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:21 am

7-Keto-DHEA is a disaster for hair, based on my personal experience. This is despite that some belief that it doesn't affect hormones. I'm not so sure.

Regular DHEA when used in the correct dose, will not cause hair loss. Only if it is used in excess of what is needed.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:02 am

I know a lot of people who take 7-Keto for adrenal fatigue. I had no clue it was bad for hair...

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:25 am

I was actually going to post about DHEA since I had been reading about it again and wanted to know the thoughts on the 7Keto vs. regular.

IH had recommended to me a long time ago a great DHEA supplement on iherb that was only 5gm of DHEA per capsule. I still have a bottle of another DHEA complex that has 50mg of DHEA alone with tribulus and other things in it. I wanted to know if I should avoid using that one since the dose is so high. I hate to throw that one out, but I'm not sure at 37 if I should be dropping 50mg of DHEA into my body.

As for the 7Keto I was interested in it for the fat loss benefit. Is it that awful for the hair?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 Empty gbp2000

Post  Gromit137 Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 am

Thanks guys for the response and forgiving the bump.

gbp2000 ... seems you were out voted. Calm down and chill.

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:05 am

This is actually a very interesting thread, considering so many people take 7 keto. I never knew it was bad for hair! Hopefully CausticSymmetry can elaborate.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Anyone take DHEA or DHEA Keto-7 Empty CS ... seems there's an agreement

Post  Gromit137 Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:09 am

This is an excerpt from the link posted down below ...

Precautions
7-Keto has been implicated in cases of tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), and other unpleasant symptoms of elevated androgenic and estrogenic levels (still), like hair loss, acne, facial hair growth, and other similar side effects of DHEA overdosage. So although it is still marketed as a “safe” metabolite of DHEA, one should always exercise care and caution in taking 7-Keto. Like DHEA, there is still a lot that we do not know about with reagrds to any potential side effects both short term, and long term. So it is always best to err on the side of caution, as in all things.

http://www.hghtalk.com/dhea/7-keto-dhea/

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:17 am

what about this product? http://www.iherb.com/Life-Flo-Health-DHEA-For-Men-4-oz-113-g/22970?at=0

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiSteve Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:36 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:7-Keto-DHEA is a disaster for hair, based on my personal experience. This is despite that some belief that it doesn't affect hormones. I'm not so sure.

Regular DHEA when used in the correct dose, will not cause hair loss. Only if it is used in excess of what is needed.

CS, could you please elaborate on your point?

I have been using DHEA 25mg along with 2.5mg of fin. for several years.
Everything seemed to be holding steady. 2 years ago I had a huge shed for no apparent reason?
I had introduced a few new things to my supplements such as Resveratrol, curcumin.
I thought they may of caused my shedding so I stopped Resveratrol, curcumin.
I never really regained what I lost in the shed, so I then choose to give up dhea and use the 7 keto as I read it is safer for hair loss as it does not effect the hormones or turn into dht.

Long story short, that did not seem to help my hair out either.
Not to long after (maybe a 5 to 6 months) I began to feel unmotivated, somewhat depressed, tried, lack of energy, etc.
Do you think this was due to stopping the dhea? Everything I have read about dhea reports that they help with those specific issues I am having.
I would like to go back on dhea 25mg but worried about the negative effects on hair.
Do you think the fin will neutralize the possible dhea adverse effects for hair?
Thank you in advance

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 am

I took pretty high dose 7-keto DHEA for a period of months in 2012. I'm convinced with CS with it is not great for hair. I experienced accelerated thinning while on it, but also helped in body fat loss as well. Both of these seem to suggest some pro-androgenic activity. Again, correlation isn't causation. There may have been other things going on, but being that I was taking only this and high dose vitamin C at the time, it does seem indicative.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 am

Regular DHEA, which when used in proper amounts (not too much) can be good, because it supports the immune system and adrenal health. In fact, it can elevate the mood as well. Always start very small to determine the correct dosage.

As for 7-KETO-DHEA, its effects are not as predictable. However, over the years the dosage amounts used have changed.
I have no clear cut science of why 7-Keto-Dhea may present a problem, this has only been an observation in people who have used it. Perhaps, there is something missing and the body needs the whole DHEA.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiSteve Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Regular DHEA, which when used in proper amounts (not too much) can be good, because it supports the immune system and adrenal health. In fact, it can elevate the mood as well. Always start very small to determine the correct dosage.

As for 7-KETO-DHEA, its effects are not as predictable. However, over the years the dosage amounts used have changed.
I have no clear cut science of why 7-Keto-Dhea may present a problem, this has only been an observation in people who have used it. Perhaps, there is something missing and the body needs the whole DHEA.

CS
Do you think the 2.5mg of fin will negate any possible adverse effects 25mg of dhea per day could have on hair or do you think there is a risk of further hair loss?

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Transdermal magnesium is supposed to raise DHEA levels.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/292166/the-magnesiumdheaaging-connection#.USq5RRl5Fz8

The magnesium-DHEA-aging connection
By ATTY. NELLY FAVIS VILLAFUERTE
December 11, 2010, 1:01am

MANILA, Philippines – It is heartening to note that more and more readers of this column are getting interested to know more about the health benefits of the so-called Transdermal (or topical) magnesium treatment – which means applying magnesium through the skin (spray-type) without passing through the gastrointestinal tract. As contrasted with taking magnesium orally or by mouth which sometimes causes diarrhea and other gastro-intestinal irritations. Transdermal magnesium treatment is not only easy to apply but results in rapid absorption of magnesium into the body cells.

As I mentioned in my earlier articles, magnesium is an essential nutrient in our human bodies. Today, there is a great need to take magnesium supplements because more and more people are having dietary magnesium deficiency caused by our continuous intake of processed foods rich in fat and sugar. Also, some medications deplete our magnesium levels in our human bodies like painkillers, antibiotics and diuretics, some asthma medications, anti-cancer drugs, estrogen and corticosteroids.

A common question that is being asked by some readers is: What’s the impact of magnesium on aging? Dr. Carolyn Dean in her book titled the Magnesium Miracle said that the “three things we need to know about magnesium and aging” are:

1) Magnesium is deficient in people who have Alzheimer’s disease or Parkinson’s disease.

2) Aging itself is a risk factor for magnesium deficiency; as we get older we become more deficient in magnesium and therefore require more in our diet and in supplement form.

3) Magnesium oil applied to the skin stimulates production of DHEA, the anti-aging hormone.”

DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is defined by Dr. Mark Sircus in his book titled “Transdermal Magnesium Therapy” as a natural hormone produced by the adrenal glands and ovaries and is converted to testosterone and estrogen. This hormone rises at puberty, is at its apex till the age of thirty and drops down drastically afterwards. At the last stage of life i.e. between 70 and 80 the quantity of hormone produced is only 5% of the amount churned out at the age of 30. Another factor that contributes significantly in DHEA loss is chronic stress. The hormone helps aging men and women increase muscle strength and lean body mass, regain youthful vitality, and just feel better.”

Many if not all of us would like to look young forever. One way to have that youthful look is to have an adequate level of magnesium in our bodies so that our bodies in turn can naturally produce DHEA.

Transdermal (or topical) magnesium treatment which means applying magnesium through the skin is an effective and safe way of increasing our DHEA level especially for those who are over 30 years old.

Should you be interested in more information about the so-called transdermal magnesium treatment, please visit: www.magnesiumtherapyphilippines.com and www.magnesiumphilippines.com.

Have a joyful day!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm

MiamiSteve wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Regular DHEA, which when used in proper amounts (not too much) can be good, because it supports the immune system and adrenal health. In fact, it can elevate the mood as well. Always start very small to determine the correct dosage.

CS
Do you think the 2.5mg of fin will negate any possible adverse effects 25mg of dhea per day could have on hair or do you think there is a risk of further hair loss?

Regular DHEA has no negative side-effects provided the dose is correct.

However, no amount of finasteride is safe or fully compensated for. In short, it can irrevocably alter the endocrine system in some users, while temporarily causing some mild problems in others.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Another thing, as Delphine pointed out in a post on the previous page, one can raise their DHEA levels. So, generally taking DHEA should be considered a temporary band-aid until these can be brought back up with nutrients.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiSteve Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
MiamiSteve wrote:

CS

Regular DHEA has no negative side-effects provided the dose is correct.

However, no amount of finasteride is safe or fully compensated for. In short, it can irrevocably alter the endocrine system in some users, while temporarily causing some mild problems in others.

CS,
do you think DHEA can be beneficial for hair growth or preventing hair loss?

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:01 pm

i wouldnt touch DHEA. i had pubertal gyno, and dut caused a recurrence. ppl have said DHEA was connected to their gyno. if you had gyno or have gyno, dont touch DHEA or at elast be careful with it

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down