Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW

+8
TheFunkyStumpfighter
Silverlin
mphatesmpb
unfortunate
abc123
jk120
pancacke
nidhogge
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW Empty The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW

Post  nidhogge Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 am

After reading gbp2000's post regarding conflicting viewpoints from Prague, JDP, and CS, I decided that it's time I pipe up and lay out everything that I have, over the years, personally narrowed down to be the primary concerns for hair loss. Not only that, but I also want to share effective ways to combat all of this.

#1 - Inflammation

Inflammation (itchiness) is, in my personal opinion, triggered by spikes in insulin and demodex mites. The answer? Avoid high glycemic foods, and avoid dairy. Raw milk is one thing, but I'd recommend even moderation in that area...when I slammed two gallons of raw milk in a 7-day period, sebum production was through the roof and hair was falling-a-plenty. Keep in mind, we are NOT cows, and that milk is designed for cows to drink. Going off on a tangent, but my point is, you need to avoid sugary foods and dairy. PERIOD.

Next, Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid is probably one of your strongest weapons from a supplemental perspective if you wish to normalize your insulin levels and assist in mitigating inflammation. Beyond Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid, potent antioxidants such as ECE help mitigate inflammation as well.

From an external perspective, you'll want to look into Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and a good anti-inflammatory topical. I personally think that the Seveov Maca topical is promising, so we'll see how that goes for people with this trial; the research is solid behind it. Getting meaningful regrowth from internals is wishful thinking--internals are important to fix the problem at the foundation, but it won't clean up the battlefield (scarring, calcification, fibrosis) completely and needs direct assistance from an external factor such as LLLT, a good topical, scalp peels, and Rife. Scalp peels help to remove demodex as well as sebum, dead skin cells, dandruff, and other things that muck with our hair follicles. ScalpSkinWorks.com offers a great scalp peel system.

#2 - Stress

When people think of stress, they typically relate it to issues in their life...problems at work, arguments, and so forth. However, an often overlooked yet incredibly important component is PHYSICAL stress. I can't "stress" that enough! If you like to work out and stay healthy, then you're producing more cortisol than your average joe. So, even if you live what you'd deem to be a stress-free life, you may be pumping out more cortisol than you think! Phosphatidylserine does a phenomenal job of modulating this, and I personally recommend Primordial Performance's EndoAmp because its in its natural powder-state and offers a more than therapeutic daily amount (800mg) for a reasonable price given how much PS goes for. This may even take care of ADD/ADHD issues.

Next up is Curcumin and Resveratrol; IH has explained why this combo works to manage stress a few times on the forum and probably on the main site, so I'm not going to get into why it does what it does. Will it regrow hair? Probably not, but if it stops hair loss and inflammation, then you're going down the right path. Sensoril (Ashgawanda Extract) is another affordable and solid option. Beyond that, I'd recommend regular sauna usage (local gym), and a quality yoga instructor. Meditation is a fantastic way to modulate both physical and mental stress as well...try staring at a lit candle, then closing your eyes and reconstructing the image in great detail in your mind. The more you do it, the better you'll get; this is called visualization, and is a great beginner's meditative exercise.

#3 - Calcification

Just like with hair loss, we can't attribute any one particular factor as the sole cause of calcification. Vitamin K2 deficiency, Magnesium Deficiency, low levels of Vitamin D3, not enough of the necessary co-factors in our bodies to utilize D3 efficiently...there are more than a few causes. Magnesium and K2 are severely lacking in the Western diet, primarily due to the overfarming of soil. When the same land plot is used repeatedly for years to grow crops, the natural minerals found within the soil gradually decrease to the point that we are no longer getting the nutritional value that one would expect from consuming vegetables or fruits. This is why being a vegan is not a good idea...even organic food is often lacking in these minerals, as organic means two things--no GMO seeds used, and no pesticides. However, the same land plots ARE reused. A vegetable or fruit only requires potassium, phosphorus, and one other mineral that I forgot off the top of my mind to grow and LOOK like a vegetable or fruit, but what it looks like is a pale reflection of what would be found from a wild-harvested crop or a crop harvested near a river (river's flood and remineralize the soil each year near it, thus why many of history's greatest civilizations such as the Egyptians and Sumerians were located next to rivers).

Internally, you'll want to consume a quality Magnesium and K2 supplement, with the best form of Magnesium being Magnesium Orotate and the best form of K2 being MK7. Restoring these levels will help to diffuse calcium, and put it where it belongs in your body (out of your veins/arteries and into your bones/teeth). Topically, a Magnesium Gel may not be a bad idea for your scalp. Magnesium Oil is a pain to apply religiously as a topical. The Decalcify supplement that IH and myself are working on should provide what we need to begin the decalcification process.

To conclude...

I don't know jack about Rife, but I'd like to learn more in the future if I ever get the funds to buy one. It's probably a great way to assist in the fight against hair loss, but experience has taught me that there is no silver bullet (and never will be). I DO believe that we've cured hair loss, and even have the potential to reverse it, but it's up to you to arm yourselves with the knowledge needed to put these puzzle pieces together and assemble yourself a fine head of hair. There is one other thing that I believe is HUGE and that's a stem cell topical that I'm hoping to get ahold of for USA distribution rights to share with folks that has German clinical human research behind it--it actually forms new hair placodes. That's all for now, I'll pop more stuff in this thread as it pops into my head.

Last edited by nidhogge on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW Empty Re: The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Hey Hid, great summary, should go over the CS quote page and get the really important stuff then sticky this, would be a huge help to newbies.

I'd like to add one thing. The whole game changed for me the minute I stopped looking at hair loss and total systemic health as two separate entities, I believe that that is the goal people such as jdp are working for and hair is just another benefit.

Also a huge lesson for me - there are a huge number of ways to manipulate the body without actually treating the real cause of the problem.

Back to top Go down

The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW Empty Re: The Future of Hair Loss and Where we are NOW

Post  pancacke Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks man, very nice post! A product adressing fibrosis would be awesome in my opinion, maybe enzymes and some other stuff...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  jk120 Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Good post Smile

jk120

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:38 pm

nidhogge wrote:After reading gbp2000's post regarding conflicting viewpoints from Prague, JDP, and CS, I decided that it's time I pipe up and lay out everything that I have, over the years, personally narrowed down to be the primary concerns for hair loss. Not only that, but I also want to share effective ways to combat all of this.

#1 - Inflammation

Inflammation (itchiness) is, in my personal opinion, triggered by spikes in insulin and demodex mites. The answer? Avoid high glycemic foods, and avoid dairy. Raw milk is one thing, but I'd recommend even moderation in that area...when I slammed two gallons of raw milk in a 7-day period, sebum production was through the roof and hair was falling-a-plenty. Keep in mind, we are NOT cows, and that milk is designed for cows to drink. Going off on a tangent, but my point is, you need to avoid sugary/starchy foods and dairy. PERIOD.

Next, Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid is probably one of your strongest weapons from a supplemental perspective if you wish to normalize your insulin levels and assist in mitigating inflammation. Beyond Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid, potent antioxidants such as ECE help mitigate inflammation as well.

From an external perspective, you'll want to look into Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and a good anti-inflammatory topical. I personally think that the Seveov Maca topical is promising, so we'll see how that goes for people with this trial; the research is solid behind it. Getting meaningful regrowth from internals is wishful thinking--internals are important to fix the problem at the foundation, but it won't clean up the battlefield (scarring, calcification, fibrosis) completely and needs direct assistance from an external factor such as LLLT, a good topical, scalp peels, and Rife. Scalp peels help to remove demodex as well as sebum, dead skin cells, dandruff, and other things that muck with our hair follicles. ScalpSkinWorks.com offers a great scalp peel system.

#2 - Stress

When people think of stress, they typically relate it to issues in their life...problems at work, arguments, and so forth. However, an often overlooked yet incredibly important component is PHYSICAL stress. I can't "stress" that enough! If you like to work out and stay healthy, then you're producing more cortisol than your average joe. So, even if you live what you'd deem to be a stress-free life, you may be pumping out more cortisol than you think! Phosphatidylserine does a phenomenal job of modulating this, and I personally recommend Primordial Performance's EndoAmp because its in its natural powder-state and offers a more than therapeutic daily amount (800mg) for a reasonable price given how much PS goes for. This may even take care of ADD/ADHD issues.

Next up is Curcumin and Resveratrol; IH has explained why this combo works to manage stress a few times on the forum and probably on the main site, so I'm not going to get into why it does what it does. Will it regrow hair? Probably not, but if it stops hair loss and inflammation, then you're going down the right path. Sensoril (Ashgawanda Extract) is another affordable and solid option. Beyond that, I'd recommend regular sauna usage (local gym), and a quality yoga instructor. Meditation is a fantastic way to modulate both physical and mental stress as well...try staring at a lit candle, then closing your eyes and reconstructing the image in great detail in your mind. The more you do it, the better you'll get; this is called visualization, and is a great beginner's meditative exercise.

#3 - Calcification

Just like with hair loss, we can't attribute any one particular factor as the sole cause of calcification. Vitamin K2 deficiency, Magnesium Deficiency, low levels of Vitamin D3, not enough of the necessary co-factors in our bodies to utilize D3 efficiently...there are more than a few causes. Magnesium and K2 are severely lacking in the Western diet, primarily due to the overfarming of soil. When the same land plot is used repeatedly for years to grow crops, the natural minerals found within the soil gradually decrease to the point that we are no longer getting the nutritional value that one would expect from consuming vegetables or fruits. This is why being a vegan is not a good idea...even organic food is often lacking in these minerals, as organic means two things--no GMO seeds used, and no pesticides. However, the same land plots ARE reused. A vegetable or fruit only requires potassium, phosphorus, and one other mineral that I forgot off the top of my mind to grow and LOOK like a vegetable or fruit, but what it looks like is a pale reflection of what would be found from a wild-harvested crop or a crop harvested near a river (river's flood and remineralize the soil each year near it, thus why many of history's greatest civilizations such as the Egyptians and Sumerians were located next to rivers).

Internally, you'll want to consume a quality Magnesium and K2 supplement, with the best form of Magnesium being Magnesium Orotate and the best form of K2 being MK7. Restoring these levels will help to diffuse calcium, and put it where it belongs in your body (out of your veins/arteries and into your bones/teeth). Topically, a Magnesium Gel may not be a bad idea for your scalp. Magnesium Oil is a pain to apply religiously as a topical. The Decalcify supplement that IH and myself are working on should provide what we need to begin the decalcification process.

To conclude...

I don't know jack about Rife, but I'd like to learn more in the future if I ever get the funds to buy one. It's probably a great way to assist in the fight against hair loss, but experience has taught me that there is no silver bullet (and never will be). I DO believe that we've cured hair loss, and even have the potential to reverse it, but it's up to you to arm yourselves with the knowledge needed to put these puzzle pieces together and assemble yourself a fine head of hair. There is one other thing that I believe is HUGE and that's a stem cell topical that I'm hoping to get ahold of for USA distribution rights to share with folks that has German clinical human research behind it--it actually forms new hair placodes. That's all for now, I'll pop more stuff in this thread as it pops into my head.

Please take starch out of the foods to avoid as It is not true and might lead people to unnecessarily restricted diets. I eat over a kg of potatoes and sweet potatos/day and my hairloss has stabilized. They spike insulin but do not create insulin resistance, infact they will lower it.

Btw that stem cell topical sounds crazy. So you think this is better than acell Shocked ?

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Better than acell? It honestly appears to be! At least for hair loss purposes...but time will tell. And, I agree; sweet potatoes and potatoes are fantastic for your health. I'll edit that out.

pancacke--

I think that making your own Kombucha Tea (also from KefirLady.com) is one of the best ways to address enzymes! Unless you meant topical enzymes. Smile

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Nid,

Thanks for the review. I find it very hopeful. As far as topicals, what are your thoughts on adenosine? I have not had any feedback on the board and I know you talked about it with the PP topical a while back... Do you have an opinion on it - positives and negatives (side effects)?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:19 pm

nidhogge wrote:Better than acell? It honestly appears to be! At least for hair loss purposes...but time will tell. And, I agree; sweet potatoes and potatoes are fantastic for your health. I'll edit that out.

pancacke--

I think that making your own Kombucha Tea (also from KefirLady.com) is one of the best ways to address enzymes! Unless you meant topical enzymes. Smile

Nid,

Sounds incredible, I have never heard of it before. Anywhere I can read up on it?

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:20 pm

when I slammed two gallons of raw milk in a 7-day period, sebum production was through the roof and hair was falling-a-plenty.

There's no way that dietary changes can cause hair loss within a period of 7 days. What we are trying to prevent in MPB is hair follicles' premature entry into catagen phase. Catagen phase lasts 2-4 weeks, followed by the telogen period of 2-4 months. Any changes in your supplement regimen or diet would only cause a shed after a month...
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:29 pm

I eat over a kg of potatoes and sweet potatos/day and my hairloss has stabilized. They spike insulin but do not create insulin resistance, infact they will lower it.

abc123, would you mind directing me to some scientific literature which substantiates this claim? I've been avoiding potatoes because of their high insulin demand. Elevated levels of insulin inhibit the synthesis of SHBG.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Nid - With regards to milk causing extra sebum production, this is nearly always the case with daily consumption of cows milk, but raw grass fed organic goats milk you shouldn't have a problem with as the composition of the milk is a lot more similar to human breast milk then cows. IME daily consumption of raw grass fed organic goats milk acts like a super food and doesn't pose a problem.

Having said all that, the term super food isn't adequate enough to describe the power of goats milk kefir, which is far superior then regular milk. Only on occasion will I have straight goats milk. Why have straight milk when you could drink Kefir instead!
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:54 pm

mphatesmpb:
I would ignore hairloss for a while and work on other issues...

nidhogge:
Both topically and internally but there could be other things in the mix. What I think could be very effective way of targeting specific scalp condtions is pumping 'supplemented blood' via hot-cold shower through the scalp tissue.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 pm

I know you summarized "minerals that aren't prevalent in our soils and foods", but you forgot to mention Iodine!
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:34 am

If I'm not mistaken, the stem cell topical Nid is talking about is Renokin. They claim it has the ability to form hair placode without any dermal disruption, certainly a bold statement.

I wonder what the best way to go about using both Acell Matristem and Renokin at the same time would be, because they seem like they would compliment each other if used along with wounding. I found a site that sells the Matristem powder, as opposed to just the sheet, and that could be used to make a solution probably not unlike the one that Dr. Cooley uses with his transplants.

In any case, I'm hoping I'll be able to give wounding another go along with that Renokin in Feb or so, as long as my scalp is in good condition by then.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

I eat over a kg of potatoes and sweet potatos/day and my hairloss has stabilized. They spike insulin but do not create insulin resistance, infact they will lower it.

abc123, would you mind directing me to some scientific literature which substantiates this claim? I've been avoiding potatoes because of their high insulin demand. Elevated levels of insulin inhibit the synthesis of SHBG.

Yes, or Nid, scientific support would be much appreciated.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:58 am

mphatesmpb wrote:
There's no way that dietary changes can cause hair loss within a period of 7 days. What we are trying to prevent in MPB is hair follicles' premature entry into catagen phase. Catagen phase lasts 2-4 weeks, followed by the telogen period of 2-4 months. Any changes in your supplement regimen or diet would only cause a shed after a month...

Old inaccurate information IMO/IME. Nid is correct. You'll even see this when going to a celiac forum.

Pretty sure it's due to excess cytokines.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:51 am

If eating gluten for instance can make my face swell up within an hour, I'm sure it can cause scalp inflammation too.

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:34 am

Silverlin wrote:Nid - With regards to milk causing extra sebum production, this is nearly always the case with daily consumption of cows milk, but raw grass fed organic goats milk you shouldn't have a problem with as the composition of the milk is a lot more similar to human breast milk then cows. IME daily consumption of raw grass fed organic goats milk acts like a super food and doesn't pose a problem.

Having said all that, the term super food isn't adequate enough to describe the power of goats milk kefir, which is far superior then regular milk. Only on occasion will I have straight goats milk. Why have straight milk when you could drink Kefir instead!

I totally agree, this is the best thing I am using both internally and externally to fight hair loss

Silverlin wrote:
I know you summarized "minerals that aren't prevalent in our soils and foods", but you forgot to mention Iodine!

Yes, I am curious too about the absence of Iodine in your summary of hair-loss. The use of Iodine has drastically cut down my stress levels, I can confidently say if I have a week where I consume up to 25mg a day of Iodine, I will not stress at all no matter the situation (well maybe thats a bold statement to make, but school wise I will not have a care in the world if I fail my midterm or worry about my marks).

But honestly, I think there are various types (reasons) of hair-losses and so it is very difficult to summarize it for everyone and their reason. But what is written up about hair-loss for this thread is a lot better than any other site on the internet that i have came across (excluding immortalhair.org) or what any doctor would tell you.

Thanks for the post/thread, I really enjoy reading through these!

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:21 am

mphatesmpb:
I would ignore hairloss for a while and work on other issues...

What's your problem?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:23 am

I think what he means is that there are problems that after dealing with will create a synergy with your efforts for hairloss.

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:09 am

never mind...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:44 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

I am a layman so wouldn't know where to direct you to scientific literature. http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2008/08/kitavans-wisdom-from-pacific-islands.html Is a good place to start investigating.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:22 am

renokin sounds good, and its available now. anyone willing to test renokin + 2mm dermaroller Very Happy ?

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 am

unfortunate--

You're welcome! Adenosine seems solid, and the PP topical according to Eric will one day be produced (they did invest quite a few thousand in it), but it seemingly increases VEGF which, from what I understand, assists in terminalizing hairs.

abc123--

Not as of yet, still working on the details behind the scenes so to speak and getting information together, but hopefully soon! It's "Renokin" as TheFunkyStumpfighter pointed out. Hoping to get it for a good price for everyone.

mphhatesmpb--

You are wrong. This isn't an isolated incident with me--anything that spikes my insulin be it sweets or dairy netted an almost IMMEDIATE itchiness/inflammation in the scalp that led to hair loss. MPB is far more complex than you think it is. For all you know, those hairs were in telogen phase, and were accelerated due to the inflammation into falling out...could be any number of things.

Silverlin--

I agree wholeheartedly, kefir is the shit!!

And yes, Iodine is something that I *always* urge people to supplement on...I even intended on including it in the original post, but had so many things to talk about that a few slipped out of my mind. :/

pancacke--

I've read on t-muscle.net that hot-cold showers post-working out results in better blood flow and deliverance of important nutrients, so I can see how this would work for the scalp as well. After all, the scalp is loaded up with muscles of its own!

TheFunkyStumpfighter--

Good thinking on combining both Acell and Renokin, I intend on using a TCA 10% or 20% peel first after buzzing my head prior to testing it out. Pictures and all that will be taken.

Misirlou--

Honestly, I'd have to do just as much research as any of us to pull up that scientific literature on potatoes; I'd be starting from scratch. It does make sense though, it is one of nature's foods after all.

GreenPower--

I left out the whole section on Thyroid health! Smile I'll add it in...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Nid,

Thanks for the answer - looks like you are answering quite a few questions on this thread.

I am currently on Adenogen (started 2 weeks ago) and am a bit concerned about the high alcohol (dipropelyne glycol) content - do you think it's anything to be worried about or is there maybe a better adenosine based product that you might recommend in the meantime?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next