Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro.

+10
scottyc33
nidhogge
DM5
mphatesmpb
redhead
GreenPower
randle20
tooyoung
tonyj
LittleFighter
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. Empty Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro.

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:25 am

Eur J Dermatol. 2010 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print]
Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro.

Gueniche A, Benyacoub J, Philippe D, Bastien P, Kusy N, Breton L, Blum S, Castiel-Higounenc I.
Abstract

Over the past few decades the number of people presenting reactive skin has increased in industrial countries. Skin inflammation mediated by neuropeptides and impaired skin barrier function are both underlying features of reactive skin conditions. Live microorganisms defined as probiotics have been successfully used to improve health status in humans. Beyond the effects on intestinal microbiota, some probiotic strains display potent immune-modulatory properties at the skin level. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM-I 2116 (ST11) could modulate reactive skin-associated inflammatory mechanisms. The Caco-2/PBMC co-culture cell system was stimulated on the apical side with probiotics. The resulting medium collected from the basolateral compartment of the cell culture system, so called conditioned medium, was tested in ex vivo human abdominal plastic skin explant models of substance P-induced skin inflammation and skin barrier reconstruction. We show that ST11 was able to abrogate vasodilation, edema, mast cell degranulation and TNF-alpha release induced by substance P, compared to control. Moreover, using ex vivo skin organ culture, we show that ST11-conditioned medium induced a significantly faster barrier function recovery after SLS disruption, compared to control. These results support a beneficial role of ST11 on key biological processes associated with barrier function and skin reactivity.

PMID: 20965806 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Orally it seems to have the same effect (remember the patent from Inneov for dandruff). There is some similitude in the way Curcumin/Resveratrol work.

Topically it could be amazing for dandruff, inflammation and hair loss.

There is a patent for using ST11 topically and treating inflammation (based on this studies).

So let's start culturing L. P. ST11 and dabbing it on our scalps Very Happy

I would love to try it out. If there's more "brave" people wanting to join me in this experiment come in.

Good candidates are people with active dandruff and inflammation (others are valid too of course).
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. Empty Re: Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro.

Post  tonyj Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:03 am

You obviously had luck in finding that specific strain in Nestle's Nido from Mexico, but for some reason, L.P is not offered in Nestle's Nido in the U.S. and I really don't understand why. Any, want to sell any of your stash?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro. Empty Re: Lactobacillus paracasei CNCM I-2116 (ST11) inhibits substance P-induced skin inflammation and accelerates skin barrier function recovery in vitro.

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:02 am

tonyj, yes I did.

Actually I found another product being sold there, called "Chamyto" which is very similar to yakult but with this special strain.

This if for you:

Product information from Inneov:

http://www.inneov.com/sc/fr/santecap/Product (in french, though there's interesting information in there)

Where to buy it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PACK-2x-INNEOV-HAIR-HEALTH-DS-ANTI-DANDRUFF-/190451286624

I know it's expensive but you only have to buy it once (yogurt). Besides, yogurt should be more effective than capsules.

If you still can't get it this way, we'll see what we can do...

BTW, ST11 does provide additional benefits besides this special ability which should benefit hair loss sufferers. Combine this with Nizoral (if you like) and in theory you should be 100% dandruff free, get a stronger less inflammed skin and probably more hair growth.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:55 am

More information on how this could help MPB, skin problems and other diseases:

Extracts from a patent:

Use of probiotic lactic acid bacteria for balancing the skin's immune system
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2010/0080782.html

The present invention pertains to the use of probiotics for the preparation of a carrier for balancing the skin's immune function. In particular, the present invention pertains to the use of probiotic micro-organisms for improving the skin's immune function under stress conditions, leading to immune suppression, specifically for normalizing the skin's immune activity and reducing the tendency to develop hyper-reactions under such conditions.

During the extensive studies leading to the present invention it was now surprisingly found that probiotics do also exert an effect in an individual's body at a location distant from the region in which they colonize it. In particular, it has been found that probiotic micro-organisms do also exert an activity on the immune system in the skin of the individual. Accordingly it has been found that upon ingestion by an individual they may balance a suppression of the skin's immune system inherent to exposure to stress, such as physical, chemical or biological stress, while they may also reduce the individual's tendency to develop inflammatory and/or irritant reactions upon exposure to such a stress condition.

The carrier may be any food or pharmaceutical product, or a cosmetic product for oral or topical application, wherein the probiotic microorganism or a culture supernatant thereof may be included. Examples for food or pharmaceutical carriers are milk, yogurt, curd, cheese, fermented milks, milk based fermented products, ice-creams, fermented cereal based products, milk based powders, infant formulae or pet food, or tablets, liquid bacterial suspensions, dried oral supplement, wet oral supplement, dry tube-feeding or wet tube-feeding. For cosmetic products lotions, shampoos, creams, such as moisturising creams, sun-screens, after-sun creams or anti-aging creams, and/or ointments are envisaged, wherein the micro-organism may be included in a live form, semi-active or in deactivated form, e.g. as a lyophilized powder. Also culture supernatants of the micro-organisms may be included in the cosmetic products, optionally in concentrated form.

Based on the finding in this experiment it may clearly be seen that the different parameters tested (TGF-β, ICAM-1, IL-10) confirm the results found with the difference in ear thickness, i.e. a regulation of inflammatory reactions by implanting a lactobacillus microflora.

As expected, exposure to UV-light systemically suppressed a hypersensitivity reaction to DNFB in mice receiving no treatment at all and in control mice, receiving the culture medium alone. Those mice receiving live probiotic micro-organisms or culture supernatants thereof (conditioned media) clearly showed a recovery of the immune system and exhibited a hypersensitivity reaction against DNFB. From these findings it becomes obvious that probiotics and to some extent also their metabolites, present in the culture supernatant, are clearly capable to modulate the immune system in an UV-light induced suppressed condition such that the immune response is essentially restored.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 am

It occurred to me that you can either rub the yogurt on the scalp (might be good as a conditioner and or to repair hairs) or you could try putting the liquid whey in a spray bottle and use it as a lotion on your scalp Smile cool, I think I'll do just that, though using the yogurt as a "cream" would be good to try definitely! BTW, store in the refrigerator for best results.

A possible very effective topical (and oral of course) treatment for dandruff, hair loss, skin inflammation... and very cheap and highly non-toxic! all natural organic bio-compatible stuff in here.
Cool

This might be really something, so people, do try this at home...
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:53 am

Littlefighter - What brand of yoghurt can I use to get the strain?

Also, why would we need to be "brave" to use it? Is there some sort of risk?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:53 am

Haha well the ebay link looked very promising as I have gut issues and dandruff. Im a second away from buying this and supplementing on it at a capsule a day for 2 months but was wondering if I should try this before I try Culturelle or should I take them together? What do you think Little fighter?
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:03 pm

I ordered it from the ebay link. I cannot wait to try it since I have so much dandruff! I saw the website/ videos look very promising
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:29 pm

kefir.... topically....works....

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 pm

does dr ohhira's probiotic holds good in this case?

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 am

The article states that a "Caco-2/PBMC co-culture cell system was stimulated on the apical side with probiotics." The resulting medium from the basolateral compartment of the co-culture was then applied to ex vivo human models of substance P-induced skin inflammation. "Apical" refers to the surface of a cell-layer that is facing the lumen (or the "inside" portion).

I am not a biologist, so there could be many things that I'm not seeing...but this experiment seems completely idiotic to me.

Caco-2 cells behave like the enterocytes lining the small intestine, and PBMC cells (peripheral blood mononuclear cells) are a special class of blood cells that are used by the immune system to fight off infections.
(1)Where/when do cells lining the small intestine interact with the PBMC of the immune system?
(2) If there is some kind of interaction between Caco-2 and PBMC cells that would allow for the secretion of whatever "conditioned medium" the article describes, how would this medium actually be transported to the skin where it could have a therapeutic effect on skin inflammation.

Immortal Hair, I hope you can shed some light on this.

mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:27 am

mphatesmpb wrote:The article states that a "Caco-2/PBMC co-culture cell system was stimulated on the apical side with probiotics." The resulting medium from the basolateral compartment of the co-culture was then applied to ex vivo human models of substance P-induced skin inflammation. "Apical" refers to the surface of a cell-layer that is facing the lumen (or the "inside" portion).

I am not a biologist, so there could be many things that I'm not seeing...but this experiment seems completely idiotic to me.

Caco-2 cells behave like the enterocytes lining the small intestine, and PBMC cells (peripheral blood mononuclear cells) are a special class of blood cells that are used by the immune system to fight off infections.
(1)Where/when do cells lining the small intestine interact with the PBMC of the immune system?
(2) If there is some kind of interaction between Caco-2 and PBMC cells that would allow for the secretion of whatever "conditioned medium" the article describes, how would this medium actually be transported to the skin where it could have a therapeutic effect on skin inflammation.

Immortal Hair, I hope you can shed some light on this.

I think it's more idiotic to call something "idiotic" if you actually don't have the info to criticize it.

If you read all patents and studies about ST11, you'll see that the effect is seen both internally and topically. I've seen patents and studies using bacterial lysates applied topically to treat inflammation and other conditions.

ST11 works through immunomodulation, so actually the bacteria doesn't get transported to the skin like you state as a possibility.

Very very few people it posting useful here, instead of committing to researching and trying new things, they just ask questions... WE NEED MORE PEOPLE contributing if we want to find solutions.

Mi intention here is to find something truly NON toxic, bio-compatible and side-effect free that eliminates dandruff, reduces inflammation and improves skin health. You don't need a PhD to try things like this.

If you still think this is idiotic, my advice would be... leave this post.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:29 am

redhead wrote:does dr ohhira's probiotic holds good in this case?

redhead, I really don't know. I would bet it doesn't work internally but topically it might.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:30 am

GreenPower wrote:kefir.... topically....works....

Green, I bet it does!

I would bet it does eliminate the bad yeasts. But Im not sure if it will have the same effect on inflammation and skin recovery that ST11 has.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:32 am

randle20 wrote:Haha well the ebay link looked very promising as I have gut issues and dandruff. Im a second away from buying this and supplementing on it at a capsule a day for 2 months but was wondering if I should try this before I try Culturelle or should I take them together? What do you think Little fighter?

Randle, great!

DO keep ups informed.

I don't think there is a problem taking both... you can use both. My best advice is to take them at least at different time of the day so each strain implants without competition from others.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:34 am

tooyoung wrote:Littlefighter - What brand of yoghurt can I use to get the strain?

Also, why would we need to be "brave" to use it? Is there some sort of risk?

tooyoung, AFAIK, there isn't any yogurt in the US that containst L. paracasei ST11.

There's no risk of using this thing... I was just kidding. Basically I meant people "brave enough to try new things".

Actually I believe there's more risk on using chemicals and things like dmso and lithium as a topical.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:44 am

LittleFighter

Just getting off topic for a second, what do you think about Inneov other products, the Anti-hair loss and the Mass Hair?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 am

tonyj wrote:LittleFighter

Just getting off topic for a second, what do you think about Inneov other products, the Anti-hair loss and the Mass Hair?

tony, in few words, I have the same view as the guy from MPB Research.

See http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateHairMassMan11-10.html

I think it is effective, because it has research behind it. The good thing in here is that you can get all the ingredients at a fraction of the cost of the original product and in better doses and forms. So is it worth to use? definitely, but it'd be best to get the ingredients separately instead of buying the original fancy product.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:15 am

I think anyone with hairloss may be able to benefit from something like this. How do you get a hold of it? I would be interested in the internal first as Scalpure seems to be helping with alot of the inflammation currently.

Edit:

I just found the Ineov link above and ordered. Nice find Littlefighter! Will report when I receive it. Cool

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:53 pm

DM5 wrote:I think anyone with hairloss may be able to benefit from something like this. How do you get a hold of it? I would be interested in the internal first as Scalpure seems to be helping with alot of the inflammation currently.

Edit:

I just found the Ineov link above and ordered. Nice find Littlefighter! Will report when I receive it. Cool

DM5, thanks!

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:55 am

I am on day 2 of taking this product. It is truly amazing. My bloatedness is gone. I took a huge shit and my scalp feels great... I hate being overly excited so I will report after 1 week how everything is doing.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:27 am

randle20 wrote:I am on day 2 of taking this product. It is truly amazing. My bloatedness is gone. I took a huge shit and my scalp feels great... I hate being overly excited so I will report after 1 week how everything is doing.

Awesome randle Smile

The effect on your gut is a great indicator. Anything that does good to your gut is pro-health.

BTW, I think this product also contains some Biotin (not sure because I don't actually have the product), something you can easily add if you take the yogurt route.

I'm trying out Lactobacillus GG whey topically... I'll report back too! 2 days so far SO GOOD!

Theoretically, whey contains live organisms, antimicrobial substances (like peptides), nutrients and more... LGG like ST11 are anti-inflammatory. I've noticed that LGG yogurt is really resistant to spoiling. All this properties make whey an interesting topical. What I noticed is in the area where I apply this stuff (on the back) the skin now feels soft and even... amazing!. Besides the antimcrobial/antiinflammatory action, seems that something (partially due to the fat in it?) removes any crust in the skin.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 am

I wanted to add...

The fatty acids present in the whey, could be useful for hair loss thanks to anti-inflammatory and anti-androgenic actions.

LGG in particular produces resistant, non-bacteriocin substances with broad spectrum activity against pathogens.

I will continue with my experiments for sure!
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:44 am

LittleFighter wrote:

I think it is effective, because it has research behind it. The good thing in here is that you can get all the ingredients at a fraction of the cost of the original product and in better doses and forms. So is it worth to use? definitely, but it'd be best to get the ingredients separately instead of buying the original fancy product.

wat are the products which can be bought seperately to reduce cost...please provide link and also please share ur experience in detail.

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:00 am

redhead wrote:
LittleFighter wrote:

wat are the products which can be bought seperately to reduce cost...please provide link and also please share ur experience in detail.

Redhead,

Get Green Tea Extract (Lef brand is quite good), Grape Seed Extract, L-OptiZinc (15-30 mg per day), Taurine (1000 mg or more per day) and there you have it.

Allo of this is obtainable from many sites, like IHERB.com. User IH's promo code to get a discount if you want.

Some men might find it useful to add beta-sitosterol (yeah I know this is controversial) too, specially premature balders.

Add IH's regimen and that will give a mega boost.

See the link I provided in my previous post for more info on how it works.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next