Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is best delivery medium for topical herbs?

3 posters

Go down

What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? Empty What is best delivery medium for topical herbs?

Post  H4ir Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:59 am

I want to make a topical with some herbal ingredients but I don't know what the best delivery medium would be. Obviously it will need to have a low molecular weight so it can pass through the skin rapidly. I'm not sure oils actually pass the skin as triglyceride's are large molecules. Perhaps free fatty acids would be an option. Study have shown coconut oil will penetrate the skin as will jojoba oil. The problem with oils is you can only use them at night (unless you want to walk around with a grease head). Oil also causes your hair strands to clump together making your hair loss even more viable!
Alcohol has been used since ancient times but probably not that good for your scalp.
DMSO is probably one of the best but there is debate as to the safety of using this long term.
Emu oil is advertised as the most penetrating oil but a quick look at its make-up reveals that olive oil should be just as good and cheaper.

So whats your thoughts, what have you used as a delivery medium for your topicals?

H4ir

Back to top Go down

What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? Empty Re: What is best delivery medium for topical herbs?

Post  misterE Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:37 am

I strongly believe that any product from Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps is the best topical out-there. It lathers very well with little soap and is very cost effective. The products are 100% organic and contain oils like jojoba-oil, hemp-oil, coconut-oil, olive-oil and vitamin-E in every product. My personal favorite so far is the peppermint-oil, thou I have only tried one other; tea-tree-oil. This for me really helps to combat the sebum, fungus and the inflammation it causes
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

What is best delivery medium for topical herbs? Empty Re: What is best delivery medium for topical herbs?

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:42 am

Dr. Bronner's is a soap concentrate, not a topical.

Distilled water with a small amount of DMSO works well for me, you don't really need all that much to get its penetrative effects. MSM can be used in place of DMSO, but it won't work nearly as well IMO. Dimethyl isosorbide is another penetration enhancer, but it smells strongly of chemicals, and has very trace amounts of formaldehyde in it. I have used both and I vastly prefer DMSO.

Something else I have been toying with in regards to penetration enhancement is urea, as it seems to force moisture into the skin. You could look into that as well, but it's uncharted territory as far as I know.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down