Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles?

4 posters

Go down

What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? Empty What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles?

Post  Hoppipolla Thu May 20, 2010 11:01 am

This is something I have thought of a fair bit while thinking about treatments that might help my hair loss ease up while I look into different approaches. I am concerned about doing anything which might hinder chances of keeping hair in the future with alternative treatments/approaches.

For example, minoxidil can apparently cause hairs to become "dependent". I am unsure about other nitric oxide agonists/increasers, adenosine, aminexil, topical antioxidants like SODs, etc.

5ar inhibitors.. is it true that they can make the androgen receptors more sensitive? I wonder if this is something that happens only over a prolonged period, and if it also happens with the natural inhibitors (topical or systemic).

Androgen receptor blockers like spiro, flutamide and RU - I take it these are safe in terms of altering the receptor? I would imagine that because they merely bind to it, the receptor does not change or become more sensitive over time, but I may be wrong.

Androgen receptor degraders like fluridil, I also kind of wonder what effects this has. On paper fluridil sounds like a miracle treatment - apply as much as you want with NO sides EVER, it's a shame people have had such mixed results really, but it may well be principally down to application amount and the surrounding regimen. I would imagine that degrading the receptor continuously...... hmm. It is doubtful as to whether that would increase it's sensitivity to DHT or anything like that.

Sorry, random sounding thread I know, but I am very interested to find out which treatments can be used without any concern, and which could cause complications for future. I feel this point is often quite overlooked.

Thanks all, I may also put this on HLT or Regrowth a little later too, as it would be fascinating to hear different views on it.

Hoppiiiii! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? Empty Re: What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles?

Post  iluvhair Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 pm

id like to know as well about androgen blockers

iluvhair

Back to top Go down

What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles? Empty Re: What effective hair loss treatments can also cause lasting negative effects on follicles?

Post  Hoppipolla Sat May 22, 2010 4:05 pm

yeah.. I would be pretty surprised if the blockers did any harm. The worst seems to be minoxidil, followed by possibly 5ar inhibition.

Oh and while we're on the subject, what are our opinions of RU58841? I have been doing some research into that stuff recently Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 12:34 am

Hoppipolla wrote:yeah.. I would be pretty surprised if the blockers did any harm. The worst seems to be minoxidil, followed by possibly 5ar inhibition.

Oh and while we're on the subject, what are our opinions of RU58841? I have been doing some research into that stuff recently Smile

RU58841 is the best drug (and more potent) for Hair Loss, It blocks DHT and Testosterone Topic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 23, 2010 2:18 am

what do you think about it's safety? It does SEEM safe doesn't it?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 4:06 am

Hoppipolla wrote:what do you think about it's safety? It does SEEM safe doesn't it?

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=89505&highlight_key=y

RU58841 is completely safe in humans, search more in HLH of the studies on it, and you will see that it is safe to use

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 23, 2010 5:37 am

Thanks man a lot, I will have a good look into that!

If it's safe, I'm using it, no question Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 am

PS El Dut is a legend Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Thanks man a lot, I will have a good look into that!

If it's safe, I'm using it, no question Smile

To buy it, send an MP to el_dut. or the Irishpride

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 23, 2010 7:20 am

Oh really? Is the advantage that I could buy smaller amounts than I could get from Faith Eagle?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 8:20 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Oh really? Is the advantage that I could buy smaller amounts than I could get from Faith Eagle?

Can buy in Faith Eagle Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 23, 2010 11:25 am

Hmm, I wonder if this plan will actually work.

My plan is basically to go on more straightforward treatments - Crin/Fin/Revivogen, spiro/RU, eucapil, keto etc, kill my shed and regrow, and then kinda ease myself onto the IH regimen or try to analyze the underlying causes later. Just because I'm worried about getting it wrong and losing hair.

People always say that Fin loses effectiveness over time. Is this because inhibiting the 5ar makes the follicles more sensitive, or do they become more sensitive anyway? Or increasing DHT/estrogen levels as we age? What is it o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon May 24, 2010 8:56 am

Hoppipolla wrote:

People always say that Fin loses effectiveness over time. Is this because inhibiting the 5ar makes the follicles more sensitive, or do they become more sensitive anyway? Or increasing DHT/estrogen levels as we age? What is it o.O

Yeah, fin loses effectiveness over time because it doesn't deal with the estradiol factor. Remember estradiol is beneficial to hair only when "free" from SHBG. As you age SHBG-bound-estradiol increases, this is what causes prostate enlargement. SHBG-bound-estradiol is shown to produce the same effects as DHT [1]!

[1] Estradiol Activates the Prostate Androgen Receptor and Prostate-specific Antigen Secretion through the Intermediacy of Sex Hormone-binding Globulin.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 24, 2010 10:39 am

That's an interesting theory there.. and makes me all the more glad I was planning to take grape seed extract or DIM as well! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 am

Hoppipolla wrote:That's an interesting theory there.. and makes me all the more glad I was planning to take grape seed extract or DIM as well! Smile

Hoppi, all plant-based-foods contain phytonutrients called phytoestrogens, these phytoestrogens can displace estrogen from SHBG, thus increasing its clearance from the body. Just another reason to eat more vegetables!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  golder Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:24 pm

misterE wrote:
Hoppipolla wrote:That's an interesting theory there.. and makes me all the more glad I was planning to take grape seed extract or DIM as well! Smile

Hoppi, all plant-based-foods contain phytonutrients called phytoestrogens, these phytoestrogens can displace estrogen from SHBG, thus increasing its clearance from the body. Just another reason to eat more vegetables!

Would calcium d glycinate also help in this context?

golder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down