Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline

+4
Hairbeback
Hoppipolla
DBAL
Paradox
8 posters

Go down

Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline Empty Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline

Post  Paradox Sat May 08, 2010 4:57 am

I found this story http://recedinghairline.blogspot.com/ a while ago about a lady who had some recession at the hairline, who claims to have regrown it from intense brushing with a boar bristle brush. She has pictures which definitely show dramatic improvement over the years!: http://community.webshots.com/album/134834966CJnqdG

My question is how much of her regrowth was due to brushing, and how much was just maybe a natural cycle of hormone change she was going through at the time, or some other unaccounted for variable? Even though it is not MPB obviosuly, it is still really intriguing I think.

I just bought my first boar bristle brush, and it is definitely a much different feeling on the scalp than a plastic or nylon brush. The boar bristle are 'sharp', so I'm hoping brushing will help. Anyone use brushing as part of theior protocol (with boar bristle or not)?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline Empty Re: Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline

Post  DBAL Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 am

There seems to be quite a few reports of success with this brush. Certainly a cheap addition to the armory!

DBAL

Back to top Go down

Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline Empty Re: Lady claims using boar bristle brush regrew hairline

Post  Paradox Sat May 08, 2010 5:57 am

I agree. The investment is really about time and not money in this case, considering she talks about constant daily brushing. Brushing anytime an opportunity arises. She talks about brushing her hair at traffic lights while driving even.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat May 08, 2010 7:50 am

Yeah improving circulation does seem to help IMO. I mainly just take Gotu Kola to increase capillary blood flow. I'm not sure if it's as effective though, but it can't hurt I guess Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm

How many times are you suppose to brush your hair a day about 100 times right? I wonder how many times she did it and if there is a difference about how many times a man or women should brush their hair.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sun May 09, 2010 6:42 pm

i got one such brush and stroke my head a few times... i was slightly bleeding... isn't that this process has lot in common with scalp scrubbing, peeling and needling? you signal some "harm" and that induces regrowth?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 am

I'm interested in this as well but mildy skeptical. Wouldn't there be a drop off point where too much brushing would be bad? I cant remember where I heard it but wouldnt excessive brushing cause too much sebum production?

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon May 10, 2010 3:03 am

I've been using a boar bristle brush since August 2009. Cannot say it has done much and I don't use it everyday but I like the way it leaves my hair and is the only brush I would consider using
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  xyion1 Mon May 10, 2010 3:16 am

magic_gro wrote:i got one such brush and stroke my head a few times... i was slightly bleeding... isn't that this process has lot in common with scalp scrubbing, peeling and needling? you signal some "harm" and that induces regrowth?

I buzz my hair down to 0 guard all the time and never ever have any "bleeding" when using a boars head brush. I use moderate pressure also. Perhaps it has something to do with wounding, but as I said, I've never came close to drawing blood at all, and this is with <1/8" hair.

Can't say using a BHB has done anything to stop/prevent hair loss, but it is the only brush I've used which actually forces my hair into the direction I want it to go.

xyion1

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon May 10, 2010 4:01 am

Does the Boar Bristle Brush cause wounding to the scalp? I was anot aware of it
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down