Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

quercetin raises DHT levels?

+5
baller234
Paradox
skinegg
CausticSymmetry
magic_gro
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 Empty Re: quercetin raises DHT levels?

Post  GEORGEX6 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:28 pm

sc871 wrote:
Paradox wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:
RPM wrote:Does this mean that while on finasteride one should not be supplementing with quercetin. I'm currently weaning myself off the fin.

To the contrary, it appears that Quercetin try to normalize the androgen while boosting the anti-inflammatory action.

In other words, Quercetin improves on shrinking the prostate despite reducing the DHT effect of finasteride. Moreover, Quercetin inhibits CRH, which is probably a bigger factor than DHT.

CS,

What dose is good? I was taking 500mg by Now but it has been discontinued for some reason. That seems to be a really high dose. Many of them have bromelian added.

I second that, I have been taking 500mg Quercetin for close to 6months but it was for other reasons like finding a natural source for vitamin C (this was on that popped up) and the flavonoids. When all this came out about month ago I with PGD2 I did up it to twice a day, last week I ran out of the 500mg I had and picked up some w/bromelain from Vitaminshoppe its got 250mg Quercetin and 125mg of Bromelain per capsule, since reading that bromelain aids in absorption of I alternate 2-3 per day. Is the Bromelain addition good or any cause for alarm, stick with Quercetin only?
so 6 months on it did you saw any improvement on your hairloss???

GEORGEX6

Back to top Go down

quercetin raises DHT levels? - Page 2 Empty Re: quercetin raises DHT levels?

Post  sc871 Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm

GEORGEX6 wrote:
sc871 wrote:
Paradox wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:
RPM wrote:Does this mean that while on finasteride one should not be supplementing with quercetin. I'm currently weaning myself off the fin.

To the contrary, it appears that Quercetin try to normalize the androgen while boosting the anti-inflammatory action.

In other words, Quercetin improves on shrinking the prostate despite reducing the DHT effect of finasteride. Moreover, Quercetin inhibits CRH, which is probably a bigger factor than DHT.

CS,

What dose is good? I was taking 500mg by Now but it has been discontinued for some reason. That seems to be a really high dose. Many of them have bromelian added.

I second that, I have been taking 500mg Quercetin for close to 6months but it was for other reasons like finding a natural source for vitamin C (this was on that popped up) and the flavonoids. When all this came out about month ago I with PGD2 I did up it to twice a day, last week I ran out of the 500mg I had and picked up some w/bromelain from Vitaminshoppe its got 250mg Quercetin and 125mg of Bromelain per capsule, since reading that bromelain aids in absorption of I alternate 2-3 per day. Is the Bromelain addition good or any cause for alarm, stick with Quercetin only?
so 6 months on it did you saw any improvement on your hairloss???

Well honestly I never took note with in regards to the hair, as that was not my reasoning for supplementing it. And ever since the PGD2 came I still never gave it much a thought on hair, as something as deep as PGD2 I feel will take much longer of a time to see any results. Since supplementing with Flavonoids I noticed over the course of time that my skin/complexion has greatly improved, in time perhaps that will yield results on the hair.

sc871

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2